Posted: 12 years ago
i realoly liked today's episod. so far its good for me.
Dear Friends,

To see or not to see as it is a Maayi show I got interested in BALH finally because of two reasons, to see RK and the show is supposed to be 'thora hatke' story...a matured love story...the first episode was telecasted and my take on it...aaj ki do baatein...

1)  The elements of Ekta's show are very much there in the shape and style of two illogical mothers (or witches should I call them)..while Ram's mother looks to be a step mother, Priya's mother is being portrayed as dumb...I am somewhat surprised by this portrayal as Ekta is a successful women with an understanding and supportive mother...she is also not married...why couldn't we see something of that sort?

2)  For loneliness you need not to be ignored by the family, I feel this family will go against Ram and his wife in the future...seeing a marriage being conducted in his house, why cannot Ram feel left out, seeing his friends with their wives and children?  A person who is always busy with work, attends a family function to realise what he has been missing...

Bloopers Bloopers Bloopers...commercial flights have been cancelled due to bad weather but private jet flies through, what happened the weather is not bad for the private jet????  No wonder the so many accidents happen due to human negligence...the first part of the business meeting started well but then sorry Maayi you could not hold on to the next part...Ram's voice already dubbed in few places...when are the body doubles coming ???😑

Upto now I am liking Ram and Priya, I will watch a few more episodes but if those usual things creep in I will say goodbye to the show...cannot stand those anymore...Your thoughts friends love Tin
Edited by tintiny - 12 years ago
I love your do baatyein.  Yep old goods served in a glitterati wrappings but the wrappings becomes undone to reveal the same old stuff. 

i agree with you, why does Ekta not take examples for her real life situations and tell the writers please this is not the way the business is done nowdays.  I agree with you lonliness does not have to come from having  a step family that ignores you but from looking at where other people who you grew up with are in life.  By the way my mom has two older step brothers but she has never been made to feel that she is a step sis to them ever.
Well, here we finally are. I don't think I have ever been this excited to watch a TV show before πŸ˜† well, not since the day when Parvati became Janki and a whole section of Sakshi's fanclub on KGGK forum cheered her revenge against her useless family. πŸ˜†

So, thanks to the generosity of the amazing uploader who posted this video in literally half and hour, I get to watch it quicker than I had anticipated. 

Naturally, mommy dearest is...well, mommy dearest πŸ˜† Aur chotti beti toh laajawab. Ek bracelet ke peeche itna hungama! πŸ˜† And bechari Priya being the gopher, trying to keep the peace. If one bracelet could make or break a potential Miss Mumbai...πŸ˜•

LOL, the image of Ram cleaning the glass instead of listening to the boring project analysis report, lmao. Of course, he's the cigar-smoking, awesome-background-music-having, not-a-time-waster business tycoon πŸ˜† funny thing is, if he wasn't interested in this company any more, why'd he bother to come to the meeting?! LOL "Agli meeting ke liye humme khud ki cutlery laani chahiye" πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

Phoolon ke gehna?! πŸ˜• that's a new one...I'm not sure about the casting of Ram's mother, though she does look like the typical "vamp saas" ...

LMAO at Ram rethinking his decision to buy the company just to get the private jet! Companies itni jaldi khareedi jaati hain? Don't they need to go through massive amounts of protocol to get the money transferred?! Of course not - where an Ekta hero is concerned, money, time and other people's feelings not a concern! πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ Ek minute mein company khareed li, private jet milgaya aur bas. Kam bann gaya πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

If Aisha had a yellow bracelet, wouldn't she have it at home somewhere? Then why come out to the market instead of going home and searching for it? 

I loved that both Ram and Priya - though they had their different ways of going about it, and different budgets of course - but both managed to get what they wanted for their sisters. Priya's mother is amusing at the moment, but her act is bound to get old, especially as we see how often she ignores Priya for Aisha. Step-mother storyline coming up? 

LOVED that scene of Ram's where he details why he can't get married - awww. Lovely scene with Priya at her class, but I thought this was a Foreign Language class?  Then why is she a) speaking in Hindi, and b) speaking of lurrrve instead of Keats's actual poems?! πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

Looking at these girls, you wouldn't think they would need a TOEFELS class πŸ˜• but in any case, seems they are pretty much going abroad to be golddiggers anyway...πŸ˜†

Nice scene with Priya and the magazine photo of Ram - I swear, one thing this show has done for me has stuck this lovely song in my head πŸ˜† all day, every day πŸ˜³

Quite a nice first episode - a lot more happened than the usual "girl prays for about twenty minutes, cries for the rest episode" business etc. Liked the fast-paced nature of the ep; and of course the very obvious parallels between Ram & Priya.  I like their characters too - thank God Ram is not the selfish, money-minded awful guy that they usually are in first episodes of Ekta's serials. No useless "money is everything, love is bakwaas" dialogues. He seems a very genuine character - obviously his reticence for marriage stems basically from the neglect from his mother; to his way of thinking, if his mother can't love him, then why would anyone else? For Priya it's slightly different - her mother simply pays no attention to her but blabbers on about either herself or her younger daughter. Will be interesting to  meet Priya's brother who will be the catalyst for Ram and Priya coming together. 

I liked that the show didn't put on any airs ; none of those scenes that depicted opulence, wealth and snobbery on the one side, and depressing poverty on the other. Of course, this was only one episode in so it can still be done, but I found the "average-ness" of both the characters refreshing. Yes, one is infinitely richer than the other, but for all that, his experiences and his sore wounds are the same as the other's. Looking good, but then EK shows always start well. Onwards to tomorrow, I say! I'm looking forward to R-P's first mulakaat. 

Edited by psawyer - 12 years ago
luvd ur analysis πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 

even m luking forward to the first mulakat!!!!!😳 m glad vikram is not negative would luv to see ram n his freindship in future...!!!!!!πŸ˜›

Edited by Arshi_sahni - 12 years ago
ok, i didn't exactly watch the episode, but read the tid-bit updates here and from that i can say, it was a bit far-fetched, but then that's actually ''Ekta's style''.πŸ˜† Sony TV is the worst channel as far as fiction shows are concerned. But i think i will surely watch this show 'coz i love most of the Ekta shows.😊 Her love stories are specially worth watching. So am gonna follow it for a month and then gauge how good or bad it is.😊
Hey Arshi - thanks. 

LOL, Vikram is not negative now - knowing EK, he could very well turn out to be in cahoots with evil step-mum a few episodes in! πŸ˜•

Hope not, though - Ram needs a good friend and ally in that family, at least until Priya comes along. 
Loved the way u have analysed the episode and it was really fun to read it!!!

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode!!!
Originally posted by psawyer

Hey Arshi - thanks. 

LOL, Vikram is not negative now - knowing EK, he could very well turn out to be in cahoots with evil step-mum a few episodes in! πŸ˜•

Hope not, though - Ram needs a good friend and ally in that family, at least until Priya comes along. 
vikram moreover seems lyk adi frm KS...he never turned negativeπŸ˜‰!!!! buh i hated the cruel moms in the show...stepmom is predictable...buh if sakshi's mom is her real mum thn showing her this much selfish wont be appropriate spl in india!!!Confused
Bloopers are par for the course in EK shows, but this early in? LMAO - someone in writing screwed up...

What made me laugh was how quickly Ram's business transaction went through and he took the private jet immediately. Since this is - I presume - company money and not Ram's personal pocket money, it has to go through many channels and protocols before it is released for such a sale. Since EK has done shows like this before and always got the business aspect wrong, I would have thought she'd taken the time (two years, apparently, while waiting for Sakshi and Ram to come on board) to fully fill all the gaps in her (and her writers') knowledge so no threads are left loose. 

It seems to me she likes to leave bloopers such as these so the audiences can have fun picking them apart πŸ€£ for me, as long as the acting is good (and it is), I have a high tolerance for BS. As long as Ram and Sakshi are here and not dead for millionth time only to br brought back for the millionth time, I think I can keep watching...