Ramayan of Krittivas Ojha: a study *New updt pg 11 - Page 6

Posted: 12 years ago
Yes Vrish, this event is from Krittivasi Ramayan 😊 ok I will post it later, I have this event in my list of next updates already 😊 Now am extremely busy so please bear with me until Durga Puja vacation 😳 then I will be free & will try to fill all the missing stories in this thread.
Aar 1 mash baki achey, so take your time.  If you can, please post the above story on Vijay Dashami, so as to coincide w/ Dusshera, so that it'll be more contextual 😆
Friends, I am preparing the story of Lord Ram's Durga Puja 😊 I love this story & I am sure that you all will love it 😊 It's the incident following which Durga Puja is performed in Bengal each year. We try to follow the footprints of Lord Ram by performing the rituals just like he did! This is the suitable time to post this story, so I will try to post it within this Dusshera festival 😃
^^^^ Yeah, please fill us in on that, and the story behind this scene in ASR

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vUIiNEdXDM[/YOUTUBE]

^^ Vrish, do you remember which episode that was? Was it right before Ravan vadh? I remember reading the written update of this scene in RF, but I never saw the actual episode!

Sema, waiting for the story, dear!
LJR

It was b4 Rama's 2nd battle w/ Ravan - the one where Ravan defeated Sugriv, Hanuman & Lakshman, and was knocked out by Vibheeshan
OMG!!! These 2 therads are esp amazing Urmi di!!!
Wonderful stories, never knew them before!😛 AMAZING!!!👏👏👏👏👏👏
Esp m moved wth the frst post on Indrajeet Vadh
Gr888888888👏👏👏👏👏
 ''If a person could starve for 14 years, could spend sleepless nights for 14 years, & didn't look at any woman's face for 14 years, then only he could slay Indrajit!"
Never knew dis before!! Only Urmi can know her Lakhanji so well!!😆
Originally posted by _Vrish_

Is this the only account that has Taranisen fighting for Ravan?  B'cos no other account has it.  Also, Vibhishan disclosing to Rama the secret of how to kill him sounds even worse than what he did to Indrajit.

The Lakshman story I've heard - how he took orders too literally.  But the version I heard was Sita giving him a plate of food and asking him to hold it, and he doing precisely that.

Incidentally, does Krittivas have him asking Nidra Devi to work on Urmila instead for the 14 years, so that she sleeps for both of them?

I have not found the Taranisen story in any other version yet, so I can guess that it's either Krittivas's invention or he took it from somewhere, but the story is very famous in Bengal & people use to shade tears reading or hearing it. They loved to see how Shri Ram cries for his devotee, & how his devotee Vibhishon sacrifices his own son for making his Lord winner 😍. There are Bengali short plays too describing this fact only, authors became very emotional to narrate it!

The Lakshman story might be taken from other source, I don't know exactly because I have not read Adhyatma/Adbhut/Ananda Ramayan yet 😔 but anyway, can you recall in which source you read the similar story? 😊

No, Krittivas does not had this Urmila story. Actually I have heard this fact of Urmila's sleep for 14 years but don't know its source 😕 the story also degrades both Lakshman & Urmila's glory so I rather don't want to know it too, 😆 they are my favorite characters 😳 But yes, as most of the poets including Valmiki, Tulsidas & Krittivas are silent about Urmila, I want to know at least something special about her 😊

Here are all pending replies, sorry for the late 😳

@Shivang bhaiya,
Thank you my dear brother for liking the update 😊 Actually these two stories are very dear to me from childhood ⭐️ so could not resist myself to share them with the great devotees like you all 😊 Yes, Vibhishon's devotion move my heart too every time I read it 😍 & I really appreciate how he wanted the moksha for his son 😍 & not only Vibhishon, Taranisen too was a great devotee, wasn't he? He wanted moksha & he achieved it as a disguise of enemy. how clever he was! When he realized that God will not hurt his devotee, he changed his words at once to fight with God! I basically love this part! I think he was a mentionable devotee too!
& about Hanumanji's pride, I also don't like to read this, as you know, I love each character of Ramayan so much that I can't bear with anything which degrades their glory 😳 Don't know why Krittivas did so 😕 Anyway, the sacrifice of Lakshman attracts me much! Such a pure love for God!
Btw-I will expect a few lines from you after my each update 😳 so kindly aisa hi mujhko dhanya karte rahiyega with your lovely discussions 😳

@Lola,
Yes dear, the Lakshman story is really moving & very lovely for all devotees 😊 Just think dear, how would it be if RSR showed this story? 😍 I use to imagine Sunil acting in this scene, as I love to imagine about some adbhut things frequently 😆 but anyway, I think this story could increase RSR's devotional wealth! Yes I also don't like the fact of Hanumanji's pride, don't know why Krittivas included it in such a pure & nice story 😕
The main tragedy in Taranisen story is, I think, Taranisen's heart-catching devotion for Lord! I LOVE his type of devotion, he wanted moksha sooo much that even opposed his God! 😲👏 Vibhishon's bhakti is also very close to be tragic, he knew everything but could not express the truth as he too, wanted Taranisen's desire to be fulfilled!
Yes yes, dear, a humorous story will come 😉😆 but before it you will surely love to know how our Lord Ram performed Durga Mata's Puja following which this festival is celebrated during this time! 😊 I am coming with that story on my upcoming update 😊 Keep reading, thanks to you for liking the stories 🤗

@Gunia,
😆😆 yes yes, I am Urmila after all, 😳 so how can I resist myself from sharing such a sweet devotional story of my beloved Lakshmanji with you all? 😳😆 In fact, Lakshman & Urmila are my very very favorite 😳, you all know this! 😊 How would it be if RSR showed this story? 😕 nice na?
Keep reading the stories, Durga Puja update is coming 😉😃 & thank you for liking the update! 🤗

😊
Originally posted by arun-deeps

''If a person could starve for 14 years, could spend sleepless nights for 14 years, & didn't look at any woman's face for 14 years, then only he could slay Indrajit!"

I heard about the sleepless nights for 14 years and also staying a Brahmachaari being a requirement to kill Indrajit, but starving for that time also?😲 I don't think that was true, as I find it hard to believe that Ram and Sita would eat while Lakshman starved. I think only abstinence from sleep and women were the requirements.

But thanks sooo much for the info Sema, I am finding out so much through this thread!🤗