I am serious about getting married-Ratan

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Ratan: I am serious about getting married
Kavita Awaasthi  /Hill Road Media

She is bold, bindaas and a brilliant actress and now Ratan Rajput is on television with her swayamvar on Imagine. Though the show has been dogged with controversies, Ratan emphasis that she is here to search for a life partner and not just be part of a reality show. Ratan knows her priorities and has her goals in life in mind and we wish her best of luck in her mission.
Showing 1 of 8 images Previous    Next

Why did you opt for swayamvar?
I didn't opt for it, the channel approached me. I have no clue as to why they offered this opportunity to me. I guess like any young girl I too want to marry and they learnt that and thought I would be a good prospect for the show.

What was the reaction of your parents and family when you told them you were offered swayamvar?
Well, my parents asked me if I wanted to go ahead with it. We all sat down and discussed if I should be having a swayamvar. I took my time to think over the offer and came to a decision. This is a question of a lifetime so nothing was decided in a hurry. My family wanted me to think carefully if I wanted to marry so soon in life as I had just started my career. So we went over all considerations and accepted the offer.

How is Ratan in real life?
I am like a normal, girl-next-door. I am bit stubborn but a positive person on the whole. I have a mixed nature like any girl. You get angry in situations that need anger and feel happy when someone makes you smile. I won't be play-acting any character in swayamvar. I will be normal and myself.

What are the highs and lows of being a celebrity?
I have never felt like a celeb or behaved like one. All I can say is when you are famous, people expect a lot from you, they connect with you and want you to be a certain way. That is a tough order for any person. You feel responsible and want to make everyone happy. Your good and bad sides get magnified and that can be scary. Yet I love my audiences and am hoping for their love and support during this journey. I am here because people love me and I hope to live up to their expectations without giving away my dreams.

Is it easy being honest and yourself on television- or does a certain percentage of acting or pretense comes in as self defense?
I don't know about it being easy or not but I feel if you keep it simple, then everything works out. I don't stress on how it will look on tv but I focus on being real and being myself. If I had to pretend to be fake, I could perhaps do it for a day but it isn't possible to keep acting for days on end. At the end of the day, this is about my life and my choices so if I act even an iota, the whole thing will be pointless. I am going to be myself on the show and let people see the real Ratan.

What are you looking for in a husband?
I am looking for qualities that every girl, even you, would look for. I want my man to be caring, loving, understanding and supportive. I admire independent men so I want him to be independent and I want to depend on him totally. I feel an independent man is confident and can handle anything in life.

Who are the closest people in the industry who will help you out in swayamvar?
I have a large extended family, who you might not see on camera but there are always there with me to support, guide and help me. My parents, didi, jijaji and my nephew who I am really close to are few I can name. As far as people in the industry are concerned, there is Dolly didi, Sudesh Berry and many more to come.

Are you feeling the pressure to choose?
No I am not feeling pressurized at all. There are 16 guys and gradually I have to select the one for me from them. This is tough and confusing at times too but I don't feel pressure.

What did you think of the stories that you won't be choosing a guy after all?
Would you want me to go ahead and marry even if I felt none of the guys suited me? No right? So I took on swayamvar with the idea of find Mr Right. I am looking for my perfect match, the suitable boy. This is my life and not just a show. I am serious about getting married and I hope I reach the right decision in the end. A decision which is right for me, my life and agreeable to the audiences too.

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago