Posted: 12 years ago

Opposites do attract says Khushi

On Monday, June 6th, Khushi Gupta aka Sanaya Irani is coming to your television screen in STAR Plus new prime time show Iss Pyaar Ko Kyaa Naam Doon? This is story of Khushi, a small town girl in UP, who has simple values and loves to be with her family.  We caught up with to Khushi for a candid chat.

Tell us about your role in the show?
The character Khushi is very different from the other characters on television. She belongs to a small town, has simple values that her family has taught her. She is not bold and is scared to do a lot of things.

You're back on television after a hiatus. Did you think this was the perfect role for a comeback?
I was waiting for the right opportunity and now I feel this role and character is perfect for me to work on. It is great to be back on STAR Plus.

What about this role appealed to you the most?
The character of Khushi who has a great value system and respects her family appealed to me the most. It was very difficult to get into the character.

How different is Khushi from Gunjan of Miley Jab Hum Tum?
Both the characters are very different. Gunjan was soft-hearted. She always used to ask help from her elder sister Nupur and her friends, while Khushi is young and believes in herself.

How would you describe your look in the show?
It is very traditional. I have my hair in braid for the first time which is a completely different look. I also wear colorful and bright salwar kutis.

What is your take on the saying "opposites attract"?
It is true that opposite do attracts as it also proved scientifically. I don't find any couple on television who are in love with same interests

Do you feel love can win against all odds?
I feel love is God's gift to mankind and love can win everyone's heart and if two individuals are in love they can win the world.

What according to you is the USP of the show?
The lead characters and the way the show has been shot.

Being a city girl, how different and difficult is it to play a small town girl from UP?
It is very different and difficult to play small town girl because I have never met any girl who is from small town girl but yes I was just observing the girls from Lucknow so that I can incorporate some good things from them.

What kind of feedback have you received for the promos of the show?
I am getting good and positive feedback from my loved ones and also fans are loving my new look and new set up.

What message you would give to your fans?
Don't forget to watch my new show which starts from next week and accept me as Khushi and give me same love and affection as you always have. Give me your feedback on Starplus.in and share your views on weather two dissimilar people can fall in love.

Don't forget to watch new member of STAR Parivaar-Khushi from June 6th every Monday to Friday at 8 pm only on STAR Plus.

Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media
Friday, June 03, 2011
http://starplus.startv.in/news/1827/opposites-do-attract-says-khushi.aspx Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago
So sweet article...She is The BEST...
Thanks alot for sharing
thanks for sharing this amu.I oved the line reeving good feedback from loved one1 welcome back san.
Hmmm.. So like I gathered.. it is difficult for her. .to project someone like that... hope she can overcome her initial hesitance and ace her performance.. you can do it.. if you could make Gunjan believable. .this is another challenge. .the look and the characterization is one of a kind😆
Awww awesome article...

Thanks for sharing...
TFS! 😊

Can't wait for the show to start. I'm sure Khushi will be another landmark in Sanaya's career. She gave a face to Gunjan...now its Khushi's turn.

thanks for sharing😃 sanaya u rock!
"The character Khushi is very different from the other characters on television"
LMAOO this again was just added in to intrigue viewers! Copy/paste!she looks very much like other characters on telly at the mo! Gosh I really hope this is interesting!  sans int ddnt help much, sounds alot like gunjy to me just that she wont ask sis for help...  anyway wont judge soo much yet, will have to see first epi!
Nice interview.It seems Sanaya likes challenges,She proved that how good actress she is by playing Gunjan character which   compleatly opposite Sanaya.She lived  that character.Iam sure she will play Kushi's character also soo convinsingly.All the best to Sanaya.Cannot waiti to see you again on screen. Thank you for sharing.Edited by P.Srinivas - 12 years ago