Why is Khushi attracted to Arnav?

momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi all - I am Anu!!

I was thinking about everything that has been posted here in the last flurry of 3 days and was wondering what people's thoughts were on the following and if you all had the same concern.

I think that the CV's have to pay particularly close attention to explaining why Arnav is the way he is and show, hopefully, through the relationship with his sister that behind that prickly exterior, there lurks a vulnerable soul.  I think many of you have already brought this up.

My other point that I hope the CV's address in a true way is not how Khushi falls for Arnav, but why.  If Arnav is this horrible stoned hearted man that doesn't give her the time of day - what is the attraction and pull.  What is she seeing in him - the original him - before he even starts to soften towards her. And if she is only falling for him because he is changing under her presence, then doesn't that fly in the face of the opposites attract - since he then is becoming principled like her?

The draw for this story is how do hate and love reside in the same relationship, NOT how a small town girl transforms the big bad wolf of the big bad city.  And if it is about the transformation - as stated in Su's polarization post - the transformation should be on both sides.  If Arnav becomes soft then Khushi should also become street smart.

Your thoughts??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I agree. The way the characterization of both the leads have been shown and how they haev said he hates her and even humiliates her to the extent that she has to leave her town to live in the same city that he lives in, work with him or under him, and go through every single day of your life what him, why does she fall in love? Why does she pick Arnav , the cold guy opposite Shayam who helps her through all the hurdles of her life. Why would Khushi chose to love Arnav who can never l
love her [ according to the promos] for a guy that can love her.

Since it's a mature love story, I am truly hoping that Khushi falls for the real Arnav, the cold stoned guy instead of the one that softens under her influence. and I would rather not seen eye locks, dumb catches or hate vs love relationship that is shown in every damn show. I really hope and wish that Khushi and Arnav's love story is shown well, magical.. without these things, but with understanding and truth.

I am such a sucker for intense love stories, but I really hope they do emphaize on why. more than how.

MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Once Arnav will save Khushi from some danger and Khushi will see the soft heart inside the tough nut.
momma1128 thumbnail

Originally posted by: JONAKIHATESYOU

Once Arnav will save Khushi from some danger and Khushi will see the soft heart inside the tough nut.

So that one time will be the charm?  πŸ˜†
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail

Originally posted by: momma1128

So that one time will be the charm?  πŸ˜†

Ofcourse.Aap Hindi soaps Dekhte Nahin Ha Kya?
πŸ˜‰Arnav will save Khushi from being humilated by some other business tycoon.And thus he will loose the contract.Aur Phir Khushi Ki Dil Me Machega Hulchul.Arnav Ki khayal Use Ayega Pal Pal.
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
hey!
lovely discussion topic anu!
m new here. my names Yuvika
personally this story somewhat reminds me of the relationship that angad and kripa shared in kaisa yeh pyar hai--they had a love hate relationship too... wer sumtyms as viewers evn we wud h8 thm for the way they wer...at times we wud side kripa ova angad and vice versa. and also that show started of with the sme thing abt angad like arnav being a cold person nt believing in relationships etc while kripa like khushi had values and believed in relationships etc...n coincedencly the title of this show was the song used on angad and kripa a lot... (rabba mere rabba rabba...is pyar ko main kya naam doon-mujhe kuch kehna hai)πŸ˜†

its quite interesting hw u questioned that they shud show y khushi falls for arnav becos tht is impt...mayb as Jonakihatesyou said maybe something will happen wherein khushi sees a totally different side 2 arnav... or mayb finds out why he is the way he is... and then mayb she will help him or influence him in such a way that he changes! its happened b4 in many shows bt i hpe its shown differently in this shw...
Edited by Yuvika_15 - 12 years ago
momma1128 thumbnail

Originally posted by: JONAKIHATESYOU

Ofcourse.Aap Hindi soaps Dekhte Nahin Ha Kya?
πŸ˜‰Arnav will save Khushi from being humilated by some other business tycoon.And thus he will loose the contract.Aur Phir Khushi Ki Dil Me Machega Hulchul.Arnav Ki khayal Use Ayega Pal Pal.

This is all fine as it shows us how, but why is she attracted to this glimpse of his soft side.  This one instance will drive her to change him?  If that is the case then they have to show that she likes the challenge.  If it comes from a goody goody place, it will smack of self-rightousness, like she's saving him or something.  I just want to that there is something in the original stonehearted character that draws her in.  I like the idea of her figuring out/finding out, secretly, what drives his egoism and mercenary behavior. 

And actually, you are correct.  I am not a regular viewer of hindi serials - partially because of all the cliches.  πŸ˜†
sunaina02 thumbnail
Anu

Very good post .πŸ‘πŸΌ

I know they always show same crap in all serials .

But I have a question . Can we always say why we love a person ? IMO - we can never reason love. If we try to find the reasons of love  then the intensity will disappear and it will become more  like a busness decision:

If  "A'  + 'B' OR 'A' - 'C' then love else hate

But love is not business , it is instinct - it is your instinct to find your mate who will give you offsprings  strong enough to carry on your mantle into future generations.

And from this discussion about changing Arnav originated ? Did the maker mention that ?
Why are the females eternally after changing Baruns serial characters?

Instead , why doesnt Khushi change?

May be she get  so much interested in Business , she joins a good business school . She learns to carry off western dresses and adapts to the high society  norms .
Sanaya will look wonderful in branded western dresses. She has a westernized look. I wonder why serial makers never exploited that .

Edited by sunaina02 - 12 years ago
momma1128 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sunaina02

Anu

Very good post .πŸ‘πŸΌ

I know they always show same crap in all serials .

But I have a question . Can we always say why we love a person ? IMO - we can never reason love. If we try to find the reasons of love  then the intensity will disappear and it will becomemore  like a busness decision:

If  "A'  + 'B' OR 'A' - 'C' then love else hate

But love is not business , it is instinct - it is your instincnt to find your mate who will give you offsprings  strong enough to carry on your mantle into future genrations.

Oh Su - love comes from the heart and not the mind,  I am fully aware.  But I guess, I want Khushi to have that dialogue with herself - as in what the heck am I doing thinking about this man who can't stand me, which would ring true to me instead of let me show him the light.

We both know we are watching because Barun is delicious regardless of the cliched same old same old. πŸ˜‰
sunaina02 thumbnail

Originally posted by: momma1128

Oh Su - love comes from the heart and not the mind,  I am fully aware.  But I guess, I want Khushi to have that dialogue with herself - as in what the heck am I doing thinking about this man who can't stand me, which would ring true to me instead of let me show him the light.

We both know we are watching because Barun is delicious regardless of the cliched same old same old. πŸ˜‰

Why cant Khushi love him just for the physical aspect of ArnavπŸ˜‰
With a man like Arnav around , is it possible not to love him πŸ˜†

And love based on desire is the most intense love people are talking about .