Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Fresh from 4lions: The COOL FACTOR

JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Okay.. I declared myself a ARNAV addict for sure after this..

Barun Sobti in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

If this man looks cool… all credit goes to him! It is 38 degrees celsius and he is wearing a black jacket in the blazing sun. We had waited for over four hours to get the right look for him. The tie that had been selected for him to wear in this scene appeared to "burn out" on camera on the blazing sun. The Star network has just gone HD and we were shooting with a new type of camera and hence, the unforeseen result. Blackberries swung into action as we tried on all the ties that we had in our costume box, clicked pictures and mailed them to the channel in Bombay. After every mail was sent, we waited with baited breath for their reply. As the Blackberries beeped signaling a reply, everybody would open the mail with expectant faces only to get a single word reply – NO! We raided the wardrobe of the location owner, sent people to buy different ties from various shops around the place we were shooting but all in vain.

Finally, someone (I don't remember who), discovered a scarf(cravat) lying buried in the costume trunk and we decided to give that a shot. By this time Barun's neck was almost beginning to bruise from having tried so many ties!  A picture of Barun with the cravat was taken and sent to the channel. No reply. All the people marked on the mail started looking at their Blackberries and shaking them. What was taking so long? Why weren't the people at Star replying? As the minutes passed by, the usually noisy unit became silent but a strange hope emerged – if it was taking this long, surely they were deliberating and discussing, so maybe it wasn't a bad thing after all!!! Sure enough. As all the Blackberries went off in sync, everyone's faces lit up with joy – GO AHEAD, was the reply. Everybody swung into action – the cravat was adjusted, the black jacket was put on, makeup was touched up and the camera started rolling. Everybody had managed to keep their cool – the crew and the actor!

A new camera. A tie. A four hour wait. Just another day on the shoot.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for sharing!!

Look at him, just waiting, looking all delectable. 😍

Personally speaking, I could do without the cravate.
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
^ I can't believe it took 4 hours to get the right act and wearing that blazer .. Ahh he looks amazing. I wish they would tell us what scene they are shooting for right now...

If he looks like this throughout the show, I don't see why anyone would not fall for him. He looks YUMMY.
xTimax thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing.
He looks Amazing in that pic
Dangelz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
AHHH *drools*

I agree Jens, he DOES look yummy...even if it is a side shot! I cannot believeee it took 4 hours to get the right look for him!

Hats off to Barun and the crew for being so patient, especially in the heat!
-Jahnvi- thumbnail
Well, what to say but that's our guy right there!😆
Agree with Anu & Jenny completely! After this, how can one NOT like him? But then again, is there anyone who doesn't?😉
sunaina02 thumbnail
Isn't Barun just amazing !!!!.

I am sure more you will see him in the show, more you will fall for him .

Some of us are quite experienced in  Barunology lead by momma1128
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Just posted this somewhere else - copy-pasting it here 😉

Found this very interesting! I think we are all very ready to jump in with criticisms and complaints - it's good to get an idea of the work that actually goes into the detailing of every shot ... and to realise that the ph's are not as random as we so conveniently assume them to be - especially when what we see on screen doesn't conform to our pre-conceived ideas ...

Thanks for posting 😛
sunaina02 thumbnail
Our Indian serial makers take lot of trouble to match a cravat or tie to the situation  but does silliest bloopers  which even a 10-year old kid may catch.
momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: sunaina02

Isn't Barun just amazing !!!!.

I am sure more you will see him in the show, more you will fall for him .

Some of us are quite experienced in  Barunology lead by momma1128

totally spamming 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have a PhD in Barunology, subspecialty in storeroom management and interning in Sabzi nutrition.😆