Debate Mansion

NEW AGE WOMEN

Posted: 18 years ago

Gone are those days where women were merely treated as object of desire, i feel today's women are independent and proficient enough of manging any and every situation with out exception, i feel today women is not only capable of rearing children but can also become the CEO and also contributing herself for the progress of their respective nations

also believe today women are more stronger, though women have always been emotionally stronger am flustered by some MCP trying to sabotage women humility and projecting women as object of sexual desire, i would like to state to all such men never underestimate today women, they not only seek equality but are proficient enough of getting the equality.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kavith-2305 thumbnail
I feel women are given all rights by the Government.But only problem most of the women face is Sex.the law and order supports gal like when a woman complaint abt a guy for his misbehaviour immediately he can be arrested.These type of laws even may create negative effects.Some women use these laws for their personal revenge.
hazelgirl thumbnail
very true 😛
but nowadays women r competent and brave enough to face situations like this and come out as a winner... 😛
mad_cap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
You are right. Women are not here to solely serve the desires of men. They have and are contributing to the society equally as men. To think that they are incapable of doing so is like living in a fool's paradise. While some may still underestiamte women, it is mainly because their thought process or mindsets are totally distorted.
And women, in general are more stronger than men emotionally.
But, take a look around. In almost every movie that you see, women are being depicted as objects. And an environment which only portrays women as objects of a confining male gaze can not help but "other" women who attempt to participate with men as equals.
Willows thumbnail

I agree women have always been emotionally stronger than men, I also like to believe the kind of pain that a mother goes while giving birth to a human being, is also a testimony that they are not physically weak.

I believe inspite to various limitations, today women are standing equally tall with men and we need to accept and give the due share to today's women. I know of many women who have not only made their careers but have in the process have boosted their husband careers. 

Though I would like to say the same does not hold true for women in the villages and small towns where they are indeed treated as a liability and of no consequence.

This content was originally posted by: Willows

I agree women have always been emotionally stronger than men, I also like to believe the kind of pain that a mother goes while giving birth to a human being, is also a testimony that they are not physically weak.

I believe inspite to various limitations, today women are standing equally tall with men and we need to accept and give the due share to today's women. I know of many women who have not only made their careers but have in the process have boosted their husband careers. 

Though I would like to say the same does not hold true for women in the villages and small towns where they are indeed treated as a liability and of no consequence.

well said willows.......

jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
women have progressed a great deal in the last 60 years or so. but men are still we left them. women have come in every field and have proved that they can manage a career and home and in laws and other relatives. i am yet to hear of men managing both home and career. yet women have a long way to go. the whole society will change only if accept the progress and change their attitudes with it. many of the so called progressive men still find it difficult to do household chores.

when a man goes out for a boys night at the pub, he informs his wife. but if she has an evening out with her friends, she has to ASK him. if he says yes, she proceeds to leave instructions on when to put the kids to sleep etc. and then later have him quote that he did this for her every once in a while. he may run the house just one evening, but on a frequent basis, he will not permit his wife to go out the evenings without him.

the bible says god made woman from a man's rib. i believe that he did not make her from his head so she could stand on him, He did not make her from his feet so he could trample her. He made from his side so she could be his equal, from under his arm so he could protect her, and from close to his heart so he could love her.

true equality would be when men realise this and believe in it!
Willows thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: jasunap

women have progressed a great deal in the last 60 years or so. but men are still we left them. women have come in every field and have proved that they can manage a career and home and in laws and other relatives. i am yet to hear of men managing both home and career. yet women have a long way to go. the whole society will change only if accept the progress and change their attitudes with it. many of the so called progressive men still find it difficult to do household chores.

when a man goes out for a boys night at the pub, he informs his wife. but if she has an evening out with her friends, she has to ASK him. if he says yes, she proceeds to leave instructions on when to put the kids to sleep etc. and then later have him quote that he did this for her every once in a while. he may run the house just one evening, but on a frequent basis, he will not permit his wife to go out the evenings without him.

the bible says god made woman from a man's rib. i believe that he did not make her from his head so she could stand on him, He did not make her from his feet so he could trample her. He made from his side so she could be his equal, from under his arm so he could protect her, and from close to his heart so he could love her.

very well said, the line from bible about creation of woman from a man rib, i am lost for words.👏 👏

Rindam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow jas, loved your take.

I think women have made some progress and so have men, both their minds are more open. My view of the progress I have witnessed in the past few years. Women are less fearful to speak their mind, lest they rub someone the wrong way or get in trouble. They are less inhibited and more educated.

Another thing that has happened supposedly for women is all kinds of womens rights theories and reservations. Personally I dont believe in reservations for anyone and I dont think these help. Don't give her someone with a job, or dont give her a job, give her the skills to get a job.
sowmyaa thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: jasunap

👏 Jas, I agree with your each and every word. Totally agree...true equality would be when men realise this and believe in it.