Debate Mansion

The Media , Press and Celebrites!

MonicA#1Actress thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Do you feel that the media and the press to pry too much into the lives of celebrities?

I think that they don't have the right to pry in too much! Yes they are celebrities and they are famous, but they also have a life. The celebrities do come into the spotlight in the red carpet, and thats when they should be in front of the media and the press, because thats when they ready to be in front of the camera and have a chance to speak out. I don'r like it though when the paparazzi follow them while going shopping ot when they are in their own homes because that is just wrong,

Yes they are celebrites, they may be actors/actresses, singers, writers, but that is the profession they chose. That's how they make a living, and that's the career thay always wanted. I believe they have a right to their private lives, because they may be celebrities, but they are also human, not Gods.

I also bring up the issue of The media and the Press because of a mining incident that occured in West Virginia. The press and media got so involved and eager to print out the article that a misunderstanding occured and they accidently printed "Miracle in the Mines" and other similar articles on the front cover page of the newspaper. They had said that all miners trapped down in the mines were alive. But in reality, only one out of more than a dozen, was actually alive, the rest had died. The misleading headlines the media and press printed gave the families of the miners false hope, and the families were happy when they hear of this "miracle'. When the truth came out, everybody was devasted. It was a very sad event. It was even more horrific because the Media had printed out the wrong headline, and left the families and others to cry later when they found out the "Miracle" never happened. This is an example of the kind of influence the media has.

What are your views concerning this story and the exploiting of the privacy of celebrities?

Please post your thoughts!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hazelgirl thumbnail
yes..they interfere a lot....
πŸ˜›
but we ppl r also responsible coz we ourselves want to watch gossips,celebrities personal life...and hence the media does this interfering job... πŸ˜› πŸ˜›
we have to change first for the media to change πŸ˜›
Kavith-2305 thumbnail
Media dont have the right,I agree but this actor/actresses they also enjoy rumours sometimes they only spread their rumours for fame.After all those are medias for making money they will publish everything.It is our duty not to believe it or just discard it,why to think about their characters.Lets see them in movies enjoy have fun.
It is very difficult to stop medias from publishng them.Remember those medias only give them the fame too.So for the gain of one they have to loose something na..
One day they will praise one day put them down.
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
well gossip and rumours are all a part of the fame game. given a choice the famous will never say no to it. even negative publicity. that is the price they pay for being in the limelight.many time they spread sensational news just for publicity..remember how they faked asha parekh's death before the release of a movie?

now for the papparazzi..they should know the where to draw the line between being persistant and over crowding. the press has now begun sensationalising news and are becoming more and more provocative, inciting violence, hatred and malice. what happened to pricess di is a good example here. and so is the news item on miners.

i think it is time the press woke up and looked at their conscience a bit more and wrote things where facts can be verified! bringing in the news is a community service and is definitely not meant to tear people apart.
Willows thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: MonicA#1Actress

Do you feel that the media and the press to pry too much into the lives of celebrities?

I think that they don't have the right to pry in too much! Yes they are celebrities and they are famous, but they also have a life. The celebrities do come into the spotlight in the red carpet, and thats when they should be in front of the media and the press, because thats when they ready to be in front of the camera and have a chance to speak out. I don'r like it though when the paparazzi follow them while going shopping ot when they are in their own homes because that is just wrong,

Yes they are celebrites, they may be actors/actresses, singers, writers, but that is the profession they chose. That's how they make a living, and that's the career thay always wanted. I believe they have a right to their private lives, because they may be celebrities, but they are also human, not Gods.

I also bring up the issue of The media and the Press because of a mining incident that occured in West Virginia. The press and media got so involved and eager to print out the article that a misunderstanding occured and they accidently printed "Miracle in the Mines" and other similar articles on the front cover page of the newspaper. They had said that all miners trapped down in the mines were alive. But in reality, only one out of more than a dozen, was actually alive, the rest had died. The misleading headlines the media and press printed gave the families of the miners false hope, and the families were happy when they hear of this "miracle'. When the truth came out, everybody was devasted. It was a very sad event. It was even more horrific because the Media had printed out the wrong headline, and left the families and others to cry later when they found out the "Miracle" never happened. This is an example of the kind of influence the media has.

What are your views concerning this story and the exploiting of the privacy of celebrities?

Please post your thoughts!

Yes the media does pry into the private lives of the celebrity but that is the prize celebrity has to pay for being one, well what is right or not and to what extent is a question which depends on the kind of celebrity his controversial value and popularity.

Yellow journalism or paparazzi as they are called are in the business of getting sound byte or visual of the celebrity, the go to any extent to get some footage of the celebrity whom they are chasing, whether they intrude in somebody life, i believe yes, I remember the famous case of Princess Diana with her boyfriend Dodi Fayed, they were chased to death by paparazzi.

The celebrity has a right to privacy but once they choose the glamorous profession they have to face the occupational hazards as well.

I appreciate the kind of trauma the families may have undergone due to the wrong reporting by the media, but I believe till the time celebrities are there so would the media, and so would the hot chase continue.

Replying pointedly to your issue whether such exploitation is appropriate, I believe any kind of "exploitation" is unfair be it with celebrity or otherwise, but there are times where celebrity hog the limelight and would go to any length to be on page3. The relationship between a celebrity and the media is like one is incomplete without other. 

Edited by Willows - 18 years ago
I totally agree with you that media does get into the skin of celebrity lives, I also agree they do not any right to go to the extent they go into the celebrity lives, but for the media invading one's privacy is their bread, butter and jam, the celebrity are also to an extent responsible for over exposure.

When a actor is struggling he wants the media to help him and support him with their flash lights, however at the point of time no media would be interested in a struggler who is of no consequence and not a single copy of such story would not be sold, hence it is here where the deals are struck and all practices whether ethical or otherwise are practiced and all norms are broken.

A celebrity has to decided at start of his journey to stardom whether he wants to be with media or not, for it is the media which is capable of making or breaking one's career, it is like choice between devil and deep sea.

I would say no one can exploit anyone unless the other person is interested and feels benefited to such exploitation, I would say in this show business, exploitation is a necessary evil, though at times it takes a toll some innocents like in the author's example where a joke was cast on innocent families where the dead were reported as alive, I believe there could never be a sad reporting than this.
Willows thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: sosweet

I totally agree with you that media does get into the skin of celebrity lives, I also agree they do not any right to go to the extent they go into the celebrity lives, but for the media invading one's privacy is their bread, butter and jam, the celebrity are also to an extent responsible for over exposure.

When a actor is struggling he wants the media to help him and support him with their flash lights, however at the point of time no media would be interested in a struggler who is of no consequence and not a single copy of such story would not be sold, hence it is here where the deals are struck and all practices whether ethical or otherwise are practiced and all norms are broken.

A celebrity has to decided at start of his journey to stardom whether he wants to be with media or not, for it is the media which is capable of making or breaking one's career, it is like choice between devil and deep sea.

I would say no one can exploit anyone unless the other person is interested and feels benefited to such exploitation, I would say in this show business, exploitation is a necessary evil, though at times it takes a toll some innocents like in the author's example where a joke was cast on innocent families where the dead were reported as alive, I believe there could never be a sad reporting than this.

πŸ‘ πŸ‘brilliant, i appreciate your views.

ashley1 thumbnail
I agree with you that Celebrities are not Gods. We make them celebrities because we like their talent & we like them. And you are right that noone has the right to invade anyone's privacy. Like after work, school, etc, we are left undisturbed, they should have the right to live their personal life too, without media intervention.
But of course, media makes money by selling stories (usually some fake, made-up stories) about their personal lives...like Brittany Spears broke-up with her new boyfriend & Amir Khan has a GORA family abroad & so on...

Ok now, I think that its OK if the celebrity is fine with their personal news being printed or shown. But if its without their permission, that's totally non-tolerable & there are current laws against Privay Invasions, which can be strictly enforced. Edited by ashley1 - 18 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
i wont agreee...........monica πŸ˜‰   πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

As a media person ......WITHOUT MEDIA celebreties is nothing....and plz willow stop supporting sosweet wat is the point in appreciating her?...
MonicA#1Actress thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Believe

i wont agreee...........monica πŸ˜‰   πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

As a media person ......WITHOUT MEDIA celebreties is nothing....and plz willow stop supporting sosweet wat is the point in appreciating her?...

Ok , you don't want to agree with me fine, I respect that. You have your own opinion and that is OK.

But why the rude comment to Willow about SoSweet? So immature and disgusting!!

GROW UP!!!!!!