Pavitra Rishta

sushant "manav" appreciation thread

Posted: 12 years ago

Sushant "manav" Appreciation Thread..

I rarely open threads, but hearing today's news that sushant is quitting, moved me..

Sushant is not quitting for higher pay, not for better roles, better show.. he is quitting because he isn't HAPPY with the script.

In return what did ekta do? She banned him from the sets and is talking of plastic surgery..

I want to ask: doesn't the actor have the RIGHT to voice his opinion and leave if he so wishes? At the end, isn't he voicing the opinions of those countless fans of Manav, sushant and the show ALIKE??

So, I wanted to create a thread where we can ALL enjoy sushant, sushant's potryal as Manav and voice our support in his life-changing, courageous decision.

PS: just don't bash other actors and members

PPS: please feel free to voice your displeasure against a certain person responsible for this mess..

Edited by tiya229 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

goblue thumbnail
Thanks Tiya for opening this thread. This whole saga is making me as a viewer quit in disgust. Sushant, we totally understand your position. You have a right to protest when Ekta and her CVS are butchering your character. Stay strong, you will get good work and we will always support you because you are a good actor.

Take care.. Anjali

thanks anjali...

it was suggested by kools, so i did it... if the industry people are reading this, then they'll know that fans support him and as long as thats there, its the ekta camp that needs to worry... if PR goes down the drain then ekta is back to sqaure one with NO hit show..

dare i say, sushant has a BIG BIG BIG hand in keeping the viewers and making them come back mon-fri at 9 pm???
Nisha_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
tiya i'll post my views later as i'm busy wid stuff here..

but wat is Kooldi's opinion abt sush quitting the show?i just wanna know out of curiosity
This content was originally posted by: Gene_Nisha

tiya i'll post my views later as i'm busy wid stuff here..

but wat is Kooldi's opinion abt sush quitting the show?i just wanna know out of curiosity

kools supports sushant to the fullest.. she quit PR a week ago unable to take the crap they were showing. she is AGAINST ekta and her stupid FORMULA of plastic surgery, rebirth..

so she sugessted fans to show support towards sushant
did we finish the last AT πŸ˜• anyway my full support to Sushant in whatever he does πŸ‘πŸΌ
SunoNa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks Tiya for opening this thread.

Sushant did a very right thing by quitting the show, just because he works under Ekta, it doesnt mean he has to act as per her wish. 
He raised his voice against a track which is pathetic and not an acceptable act.

Ekta has seen lot of success because of PR, and the main reason is sushant and ankita, and now she is forbidding sushant to come on sets is ridiculous. Sushant has played an important role in getting her this success and fame through PR.

i respect Sushant's decision to quit and i really appreciate him for it.
I wish that he gets to see lots of success in what ever field he chooses to be.
He is a hard worker and hard work always pays.

All the best sushantπŸ‘πŸΌ

Ekta needs to stop treating her actors as slaves.
Edited by Ankifan - 12 years ago
thanks tiya for opening this.sushant is a very good.the way he potreyad manav role is awsome.he is unique from the other lead of serial.today he leavs pr because he can't see the ruin of manav charecter.he gives his mind & soul to potray this charecter.nobody can replace sushant as manav in our heart.i wish him best of luck for the future.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Tiya thanks for opening this topic..

Since the Divorce this story line has been disgusting..

Than they brought in many bad things but worst was MC..What humilliation Manav has felt in getting money for Archu and save their unborn child was down right cruel..And the way other characters treated lead.  If Ekta is only into sadistic story in butchering of Manav character to shine other lead or who ever My stand on this was for Sushant to leave-quit the show.

I am happy that he has taken this decision and I am in 100000% support of his decision..He is wayy more deserving of better role and success..All this stupid serial has done is butchered character after character..

Hope PR goes down the tube after Sushant leaves..
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks a lot Tiya for making this thread.

I guess it is my tendency to fall for actors who are not only talented, good looking and good human beings, but also those who have  A BRAIN of their own and are not mere puppets.

The first, who was my first crush ever (and still is) : Rajeev Khandelwal.

He quit his show KTH in the same way, unable to take the crap any more and the unnecessary butchering. In fact, he was harassed by Ekta in the same way as Sushant is being harassed.

I boycotted all Ekta shows at that time as I was extremely disgusted by her. I returned to TV viewing with Pavitra Rishta- cos it started with a P and I assumed it was not Ekta's serial- plus the original concept credit was given to someone else in the title song (Tirumathi selvam people, I guess). I came to know too late that it was Ekta's serial, but by then, I had fallen in love with the show, and with Manav.

Manav- the most lovable character Indian Tv has ever seen. He beat Sujal hollow according to me, such charm he had. And Sushant portrayed him to the hilt. He often used to talk about how Manav influenced him, and that is a sign of a person living his character.

Its not too surprising therefore that Sushant felt as helpless as we were, and as disgusted as we did, when Manav was butchered continuously. 

Why should he not raise his voice? Why should he not protest? Why should he waste some of the best years of his life on this crappy serial which is going down the drain? Doesn't he have the right to think about his future and plan for it?

On the other hand...

How can Ekta ban a person, who made her show successful, and restrict him from entering the sets? Forget her professional problems, he is Ankita's BF also. How can she insult him by banning him? Wouldn't her leading lady feel uncomfortable to see her man being treated like a dog?

What right does Ekta have to humiliate and degrade every person who dares to go against her, who dares to point out that her stories are CRAP?

Ekta is the most egoistic businesswoman I've ever seen. She made a mistake when she shooed Rajeev out from KTH, anf now she's making another mistake. She had such a lovely cast, but she turned them away due to her sadistic story. And instead of learning from her mistake, she chooses to be mean and horrendous?

Clearly this woman can never change. We should all boycott all Ekta soaps and make them flop, only then will she understand that the audience should not be taken for granted.

PS: BTW boycotting Ekta soaps nowadays is not so difficult as it was in the days of Rajeev- cos now there are so few Ekta soaps πŸ˜† in fact other than PR, I wonder which soap is actually giving TRP's to Ekta.🀒
Edited by nikitagmc - 12 years ago