Debate Mansion

New Rules-Immigration..

Groovychick thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

hey guys..it woz on the news a few weeks ago in England than if any one would lyk to immigrate to this country then they HAVE to be able to sing the national anthem..i don't quite no y tho!?😕😳

do u guys think this is fair??

PS: Sorry..i couldn't watch the whole news coz i had 2 leave 4 skl😳

lub ju loads

xXxTinaxXx

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Willows thumbnail
Originally posted by: Groovychick

hey guys..it woz on the news a few weeks ago in England than if any one would lyk to immigrate to this country then they HAVE to be able to sing the national anthem..i don't quite no y tho!?😕😳

lub ju loads

xXxTinaxXx

I believe if one were to immigrate to another country, it is not unfair to sing or know the national anthem of the country where you intend to stay.

Further singing or respecting other country national anthem is not unfair for the person singing would be only doing something positive for the country he intends to stay, infact I think it is good way of getting acquainted to a particular country.

hazelgirl thumbnail
i think it is....
atleast this way ppl will remember their national anthem coz nowadays many ppl does not know the anthem 😛
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
it is only fair that you learn their national anthem. if you have chosen to adopt the new country and want to become its citizen, you may as well learn to appreciate the country and stand for what it stands for. and learning their national anthem is a good beginning.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Yaar you want to have a citizenship to the country but will not take that adopted country as your own . yeh to koi baat nahi banti .

In the U.S to get naturalisation you need to take oath , pass the American history paper . Only then can you become a Naturalised citizen .

Not learning your adopted countries history , and National Anthem is a shame !!

I am on a visa , and i have only an Indian passport .....for me this rule doesn't apply . But when one becomes a citizen , gets to vote and can effect the political decisions then thats least you owe your adopted Country along with your allegiance.
sabz_m thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

Yaar you want to have a citizenship to the country but will not take that adopted country as your own . yeh to koi baat nahi banti .

In the U.S to get naturalisation you need to take oath , pass the American history paper . Only then can you become a Naturalised citizen .

Not learning your adopted countries history , and National Anthem is a shame !!

I am on a visa , and i have only an Indian passport .....for me this rule doesn't apply . But when one becomes a citizen , gets to vote and can effect the political decisions then thats least you owe your adopted Country along with your allegiance.

hey yeh i think now in England u hav to pass some sort of exam prob about British History. i think thats a gud thing.

sabz_m thumbnail
not to sure ...but it i think thats what the new law is!!! i think its same in scotland 2.
anjali.nair thumbnail
Originally posted by: Groovychick

lub ju loads

xXxTinaxXx

if you want to enjoy the perks of being a british then i think you should at least know the national anthem of that country. is it too much to ask?

it is totally fair.

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I think it is fair. If one is ready to adopt a new country, enjoy it's perks, given the rights as one of it's own, it's only fair that one knows as much as possible about the adopted country.
Knicks420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
America is the best. u don't have to do this stupid stuff in America.