TOI: I cannot imagine my life without music

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

I cannot imagine my life without music: Kapil

Lisa Antao, TNN | Jun 10, 2011, 05.04pm IST

Stand-up comedian Kapil Sharma of Laughter Challenge fame and chain winner of Comedy Circus of season three and has reached the semi-final round Comedy Circus Ke Taansen. 

When asked, what does a comedian like him do, when he is stressed out, he quips, "If I get stressed, then what will my fans do? My job is to de-stress them. But as humans, of course, I get stressed. Generally, I indulge myself into writing new script. And sometimes, I just surrender myself to God and I automatically get de-stressed." 

Besides reading as a hobby, Kapil is an ardent lover of music. He firmly believes in the importance of reading to have good writing skills and says, "These days I am reading "Sex, Scotch and Scholarship" byKhushwant Singh. But my all-time favourite would be "Train to Pakistan", which has the exact situation of how things happened and how it should have stopped. I also like reading books based on the current political system of India, to know as to how it feels when you have so many responsibilities on you." 

The man with the funny bone is a music fanatic. "I cannot even imagine my life without music. I love all kinds of music, western as well as Indian. I am a great fan of Ghulam Ali sahab and Daler Mehandi. I like listening to Rudari Music. Bulle Shah, the legend in poetry, I like reading him. It connects me to him."