thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Hola sort of amigos! 

I'm irritated and tired right now, both unusual to happen. Therefore, I turned my computer on and decided to post the following one shot story I wrote this evening. It ain't anything I plan on continuing, I preconceive. By the way, it is a rare piece of writing, for I haven't written something so out of place in days. It is lighthearted and I find, it is tolerably sweet. 

Off you go, drop in your feedback and let me know whether or not my attempted change of style makes sense. 

Kankshita

Edited by -Kanky- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thegameison thumbnail
One Shot: Almost Platonic 

Perhaps, the sun had my wholesome business of visiting the bookstore scathed in its dynamically unsound rays. However, the book is my companion, always has been. Besides, the unfurling scents of new crisp books and old tattered books innate my senses, even under their stagnancy, whatsoever. So, the idea of seeking the former kind of essence propelled me into launching on my bathroom at eight o'clock on the dot in the morning. I couldn't go to Connaught Place all sweaty after all the workout, I am glad I did not.

Off I went, and I stood the ground where my kindred spirit, the book had applied on itself multitude. Hence, several of its offspring compounds were stacked on one another in severely brown and regent shelves.  I knew that the fans hung low and they descended from the colonial pieces of the appliance, but I did not see them once through my visit this time. Yes, I had been there before.

Basically, it was retroactive of me to smile at the gracious young man who held the counter, but his familiar features resurrected correction and I considered him its heir. I deposited my bag pack to the guard and he shoved the priceless creature that endows my back with the privilege to keep it erect, in a shelf. I am clumsy and I walk hunched. It is a staple fashion to deposit your belongings before you initiate shopping to a guard and to acquire a token from him, just in case he forgets that we did not break the ceiling and enter the shop to snarl at and rob the owner.

Speaking of the owner or the heir, as I would like to consider him, I smiled at him again on Mercury, now that Earth refuses to register my rare and unlike-me actions. He did not let my reflexive behavior which I attained on entering that 'since 1910' sort of legacy diminish. For, when the awaited and slightly ignored alliance with my kindred spirits had started to be practiced, he graced the unsightly creature stuck with adhesive under the tallest stock of books on the back of his revolving chair, another old fashion in shops, owners entail chairs that revolve. I am not particularly hideous to look at, so to speak but my hair is an entity that puts me through suffering, severe one. By the way, he graced my cousin with a cordial rather than customary help.

His hair constituted latent streaks of hazel, with outdoing tones of dark brown. I do not remember the color of his eyes because I don't think I was granted with that one honorable minute moment in the whole of my visit of credibly making this bit of the examination. I could hardly look up at him, I reckon and I would not mention why.  Apart from that, his complexion was a rich shade of what we call a fair complexion; he was not pale or pink. Therefore, I am certain of witnessing an absolute male after a long time, he wasn't vampire pale and he wasn't the stereotypical homosexual pink.

"I should indeed maintain my distance from vampires," I muttered confidently to myself and he heard it, when I'd been forced to ask him where I could find The Vampire Diaries by the scrawling of past suggestions from folks of reading the series in my head. I heard him giggle, but I did not look back to confirm. Even though I've forgotten how precisely he sounded, in there, his was the only sound my ears had strictly prescribed to me.

'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' was the one missing book from the three of the series I had picked up and was arriving in half an hour, so I could buy it. My urgency of owning the book was a tad bit herculean, most definitely in a greater degree against having a while more to witness, him among, him. So, basically, I did not feel succubus but plainly who I am, a kindred to the book.

My ankles had been crucified, I wonder why I workout sometimes like an hour of jogging would contribute in my holy emergence into a Priyanka Chopra figure or most of the times, like I am profoundly fixated with the infliction of a la carte produces and KFC. The point whereupon I am stranded is, is that I sat on a seat which my cousin left when he went arranging his younger brother's set of books to buy. I knew he hadn't purposely offered it to his dissected elder cousin, but I still thanked and that was when the heir adjourned his inspection of the store to look at me, and confirm if I was thanking him. He swayed back, now that he knew I was not thanking him, in the classic mannerism that of an auspiciously royal being, almost medieval, courtesy my collection of regency novels. This ain't exaggerated or stimulated, a set of hormone did decently stroll across my chest and by all means, I was blushing.

It wasn't the youthful and hormonal dimension of embarrassment, it wasn't platonic too. If we negotiate and simplify and not allow the institution of denial to seek victory, I had simply liked smiling at him, adored how I had a miniature conversation with him when he was finding me a book and had sweetly apologized when he led me to the wrong one and declared that the one I wanted wasn't there and as a matter of fact, I appreciated my gallantry deed of practicing something which is never my intention, never my purpose ' I smiled.

This had happened to me often times way back in the constringency of my preteen age, and fell upon my knowledge as distinctive and fresh when I endeavored to steal one last glance of the heir of the bookstore when my aunt held his opposite side of the counter and held him liable of a false billing of the books. He was pardoned for his nave mistake, when he summoned and returned the extra money he'd received, math math! He explained to my aunt the newness of the job which he held and she smiled at him too. I thanked him and the caretaker of sorts of the bookstore one last time, the latter absolutely familiar and not the original old man's heir. I claimed by bag pack, wedged the token to Mister Guard's palm and walked out as he opened the door for me and my party.

I was a few feet from the bookstore, I wished to see a certain somebody again whilst my sentiment for them had gotten almost platonic, and I turned my neck a few degrees around and adjusted it on the windowpane of the shop, I saw half of his face and back of his curly brown hair, and I realized I had to sacrifice the already scratchy view. For, my cousins still had to buy books, and I secretively wished it struck them, they'd forgotten some belonging in the store, so that I could pout and follow them back miserably, we'd already come halfway toward the next.

But I am not dramatic, I instantly got over it. My regard of him, platonic now and my face, feeling sensations of a new way of having its muscle pulled aimed at the heir of the bookstore one last time. Lastly, I sighed in a bundle of relief that he did not hear the byproducts of the gurgling-Pepsi-procedure in my mouth on the counter, apparently.

________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by -Kanky- - 12 years ago
mayur_eternal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Luved it KankyπŸ˜›
The last sentence cracked me up badlyπŸ˜†..u r a wonderful writer
safeplacetoland thumbnail

Edited :P

Very well written Kanky πŸ‘ I am happy to see a happy piece from you! πŸ˜ƒ My fave part is how you describe the protagonists love for books...reminds me of my ownself. I go so gaga over going to the bookstore and buying fresh books which smell so amazing. 😍

Do write more :)

Nidheya
Edited by -Untamed- - 12 years ago
EdgeOfCredence thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Firstly, nice to see some lighthearted piece of writing again.
The title had seriously held me on an edge of confusion at once. =P

The explanation of each n every thing, emotion n reaction is as always at its best place. You just own any way of writing that you adopt, always so kankshita-types! =]]

There's nothing much I could say, only, the OS has been written wonderfully. <)

Love,
Chandana
Fantasia. thumbnail
Wonderfully written , u have such excellent command over the language and ur expression is EXTRA ORDINARY!! .. it was nice and sweet, really liked it and the last line was amazing!! .. .

would love if u continue with this style .. πŸ˜ƒ
dmgmjht4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Oh Platonic love, I for one find "it" cliche, mainly because of the way most present it.

The light-heartedness in this was sweet. After multiple one-shots done by you, this one showed the humorous side of you, I feel. You perfectly placed the word "platonic" in between sections of your one-shot. After much elaboration done by me about your use of figurative language, I think I'll just settle with saying that I was in awe of the humor put into your personification and idioms. This one struck me that I am able to write the same phrase word for word: I smiled at him again on Mercury, now that Earth refuses to register my rare and unlike-me actions. 

In other words, I am very pleased with this piece, and I wish to see more of this.
ScatteredCastle thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
-edit-

Hahaha. That broke me into a huge grin after an unwanted-third-bath in a single day due to a reckless brother pouring things on my dear very dear hairs. :| Right, you want things about the part, k- I get it.

So - did you find him handsome? πŸ˜† 

Anyways, it was well written - unlike-you, but yes, I really really appreciate your efforts of coming out of that 'you' shell and writing something like this. To pile on - I really liked it. It's seriously so nice that I would have killed myself for not reading something like this. But then - I had to read it, a - because it's you and b - well, because it's you! (:

Honestly, I expected something of your shade - but I seriously like your new avatar. It's great, refreshing and likable. Puhlease - keep a high profile writing such stuffs. They make me (:

Anyways, I loved it, Kankz! 
Thank you for a wonderful read! (:

Edited by Angel-Pebby - 12 years ago
DulceAmor thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the PM, Kanky. Will post my thoughts later when I've the time to read the piece thoroughly. 
You-Know-Who thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
So, I found time to read this, uh! Sorry for the delay.

I'd tell you its a descriptive and distinct piece of writing. Your attention to detail is remarkable, the use of language is extra ordinary.

And the mere thought put behind penning this down, overwhelming. Wonderfully written, as always.

Love,
A!