Debate Mansion

underage smoking in schools, public place

sweet freedom thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

do u think its okay that ppl can smoke n school grounds, even though they're underage, and no staff stops them, i dont think this is right because then pupils who dont smoke cant go to certain places, because they might take in smoke, and i for one, hate that.

in my english, i have to sit near a boy who smokes, its horrible, and three days of the week, english is period five, so he's just been smoking before the lesson, at lunchtime, inside schoool grounds, and no one stops him or the others, do u think this is fair on those who dont smoke, because they dont like it, esspecially me.

wen i go to town, before i get inside a shop or the shopping centre, there is the smell, and feeling of smoke all around us, i hate that too...its also poluting the air. i mean like wen yr in like a street or something, with shops all around u, and yr walkin to a shop, the feeling of smoke, its horrible.

second-hand smoking, do u think its fair that ppl who dont smoke can get affected by other ppl who r smoking, in public places, schools etc.

i wish that smoking was banned altogether, but i know that cant happen, even though more and more ppl are trying to quit smoking, but they cant so fine, dont ban smoking, but atleast ban smoking in public places.

i think ppl should be allowed to smoke if theyu want to cos its their life, but they shouldnt be allowed in schools, and other public places...cos i just cant stand smoke, and i know that im not the only one😭

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aparna_BD thumbnail
I am appaled to even hear in UK schools you can smoke . Public smoking is banned in the U.S especially on school grounds !! Thats a pity . It ought to be 100 !!
In India its not allowed in schools and some public places.Even sale of cigs any where near school isn't allowed !!!!
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
yea like aparna di im also shocked...wow..it is permissable in UK schools or no1 catched him?

yea smoking shud b banned in public places everywhere!
it shud b banned in general but since v cant do tht at least in public places.

i also h8 the way it smells and its bad 4 us. 2nd hans smoke is worse than smokeing urself
lil miz thumbnail
hey dun tke it da wrong way or anything
but im 4rm uk and i dun no any schools that allow smokeing on school grounds 😕 not in birmingham anyway, where abouts are u 4rm in the uk?

yeh but agree with u about alot of youngsters are smoking and it should b band.... Edited by lil miz - 18 years ago
sweet freedom thumbnail
they r smoking in our school, and no matter how much u tell the teachers they dont do nothing about it, the school doesnt listen to kids, how unfair is that.
i wish the goverment would do something, but so many ppl smoke, the tend not to care, but like this more and more ppl are smokin, after seeing those ppl 😭
sweet freedom thumbnail

Originally posted by: lil miz

hey dun tke it da wrong way or anything
but im 4rm uk and i dun no any schools that allow smokeing on school grounds 😕 not in birmingham anyway, where abouts are u 4rm in the uk?

yeh but agree with u about alot of youngsters are smoking and it should b band....

i live in england, i cant tell u where exactly, because to me, that is too personal, sorry😳

Aparna_BD thumbnail
In the U.S kids aren't allowed to purchase cigs . You have to show an ID that you are over 18 !!
Thats strange , kids smoking ! 😕
sweet freedom thumbnail
there not allowed to buy them, they get older kids to...and pplz parents buy them for them, this is a fact, ive seen parent handing there children sigs, on my way home from school, its so shocking, that they dont even care 😭
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

In the U.S kids aren't allowed to purchase cigs . You have to show an ID that you are over 18 !!
Thats strange , kids smoking ! 😕

lol aparna di u were a kid 2 u long ago (im not sayin ur old )

in US its illegal 4 ne1 under 18 2 purchase cig and no1 under 21 can purchase drinks but its still done...i know of ppl frm skool hu smoke …its illegal but tht dun stop thm..obviously not in skool property but out of skool vicinity…and u can get it even tho its illegal by havi an over 18 frend use their ID 2 buy it 4 u or if sum1 @ home smokes u can get it frm thm…desper8 ppl even request random ppl on da street (like they will pay thm) to go and buy it 4 thm by showin der ID

so yea it is done but it shudnt b…gov't needs 2 focus on enforcing stricter laws abt it

sweet freedom thumbnail
u have to show yr ID here too, but, that hasnt stopped underage smoking, has it?
the goverment should do smething, i just hope they do it soon, because i hate sitting next to a smoker, its horrible...i have to keep my mouth closed all lesson, and breath only from my nose, even though i do take ocassional breaths in between the lesson, but its not easy...i dont want to breath in smoke, and this also makes it harder for me to concentrate in my work...i told mi teacher i dont want to sit near hm, but i have to, and its not fair 😭