Ashwin as Hanuman in "Bajrangbali"

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Ashwin as Hanuman in 'Bajrangbali'

Thursday, June 02, 2011
By Sandeep Hattangadi

Ashwin Verma aka Ashwin Krishna is one of the Delhi actors who swarmed to tinsel-ville everyday with stars in their eyes and today he is doing a role of a lifetime in the prestigious Sagar Art's banner magnum opus mythological show 'Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali'. Hanuman is one of the most popular characters in Indian mythology and is revered universally as the monkey-god and so we spoke to Ashwin about his thoughts on the portrayal of this popular character. Some excerpts.

• Hanuman has been an integral part of the Ramayan. So how different will this show be?
    The daily soap produced by Anand Sagar and Jyoti Sagar and directed by Prem Sagar tells the story of Hanuman and the purpose of his coming to the mortal world as the eleventh Rudra avtar of Shiva.
    Hanuman's life and service to mankind in delivering the world from the atrocities of invincible demons like Ravan and all such mortal agonies as disease and evil influences as an avtar of Shiva forms the central idea of the script of 'Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali', the lavishly mounted serial from the family of Sagars known for such outstanding works as Ramayan, listed as the world's most viewed mythological soap in the Limca Book of World Records.
  • Why is Hanuman so worshipped?
    Hanuman is believed to be living even today, responding to the call of his unconditional believers. Perhaps that is why.
  • How is it like working with the first family of mythologicals, the Sagars?
    It has been a most satisfying experience. I have known them over the years especially the director Shiv Sagar, grandson of Ramanand Sagar, who will unfurl the flag of Sagars honorably with his storytelling and technical expertise. Prem Sagar too is an accomplished technician. Our cameramen have captured the rugged and majestic beauty of the places including Kishkinda (Hammipur, Belur), Anganwadi, Varanasi etc., which are described in Tulsidas Ramayan. We have lavish settings and beautiful outdoors in the serial.
  • Veteran star Dara Singh and his son Vindoo Dara Singh have played Hanuman successfully.
    Yes. I can't match upto them especially Darasinghji who immortalised Hanuman in the first version of Ramayana made by the Sagars for DD.
  • Have you had any acting experience?
    I have been active on the theater circuit in Delhi for 15 years and have done theatre in Prithvi too and have worked in serials on Color and Star Plus.
  • How about co-stars in 'Bajrangbali'?
    We have a great bunch of actors who live like a family and create good content.
  • Any inspirations in acting?
    Yes. I try to be like my acting idols Dilip Kumar and Amitabh Bachchan. And SRK, who,  like me came from Delhi stage and made it big, is my inspiration.
http://www.afternoondc.in/television/ashwin-as-hanuman-in-bajrangbali/article_26313
Edited by Sidda8 - 12 years ago
Posted: 12 years ago
Hye sid,
thanks for sharing dear.