Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

|Dear Girl| An OS :-) Do read :))

safeplacetoland thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I just had to write this. It's an outpour of emotions from my side, pardon me if it's too shitty or messed up. The inspiration for this OS comes from the song Perfect by P!nk. Do listen to the song, it's lovely & inspiring. Link- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LLyuVb0hFk

Pretty, pretty please
Don't you ever, ever feel
Like your less than
Less than perfect
Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like your nothing
You are perfect to me

-P!nk; F***ing Perfect (Clean Version)

Dear Girl

Dear Girl,

You don't need make-up to look beautiful. You don't need to be size zero to have a good figure. You don't need to wear mini-skirts to be attractive. You just need to be yourself. That's what's most important. Do what you like to do. Never change yourself for anyone, it's absolutely not worth it.

If God made you like this, he definitely has a reason for it. He didn't make you like this for you to change who you are. You might feel unaccepted by almost everyone around you. But, trust me, there will be someone who will accept you for who you are. There will be somewhere you will be accepted just the way you are.

Just because there are nicer and sweeter girls around doesn't mean that you are bad. You are perfect just the way you are. You might be misunderstood, judged unfairly and compared to your goody-two-shoes cousins, but that doesn't mean you are bad. It just means that they can't see you from your point of view.

You might feel like the whole world is against you, like the universe is conspiring against you. You might feel lost and lonely, cut off from the world even when you are surrounded by people around you. You might feel mistreated and ignored and mostly just unwanted, but you are special. You are special in your own way.

There will come a time when you feel tired of trying to make people understand. You'll feel like giving up. You'll feel fed up. You'll feel like nothing is worth it anymore. Just then, think of the one person or one thing that means the most to you. Think of them/it and remember, they/it are always worth it.

If others try to put you down, don't let them. If someone plays dirty, you ignore them. Not because you are weak, but because you are ten times the person that person will ever be. Let hater's be. They are only jealous 'coz they are not you.

Be proud of yourself. Embrace your individuality. Don't spend your life trying to become someone else's shadow, 'coz you lose a lifetime of being beautiful, being you. You are amazing, you are beautiful, you are perfect just the way you are.

There will be people who always find faults with you, who criticise you as if it's their birth right. Ignore them and move on. Don't give them the satisfaction of having gotten to you. You might feel like you don't belong where you are. You might not belong there, but you do belong in the world. Somewhere in this world there is a planet where you belong, wholly and fully. Remember that.

There maybe times when people don't get your feelings. They'll term it as "infatuation" and/or "crush" and just make your heart and feelings seem like shit. You might cry out to them and try to let them know that you are not too young for love and all, but it's actually better to let it be. Why? Because no one knows what goes inside your heart, except you yourself. Trust your heart, trust yourself and you will be absolutely fine.

Never give up on life. Never lose hope, no matter how bad things. Vent your feelings out. Talk to your best friends, write in a diary, listen to your favourite song or dance to your favourite tune. Or, just read this letter, again and again till you feel better. Never change yourself for someone else. Absolutely no one is worth that change. Never give up. Never harm yourself. Because the sun will rise tomorrow, bringing sunshine and warmth into your life once again.

Sincerely,

Another girl who has seen it all :-)

Edited by -Untamed- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mystique thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
nice one...reminds me of the L'oreal ad saying...cuz ur worth it! Pretty true really!
And did u fall of the chair seeing my post?! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

EDIT-rest comes tomorrow after the exam :)
Edited by Mystique - 12 years ago
safeplacetoland thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mystique

nice one...reminds me of the L'oreal ad saying...cuz ur worth it! Pretty true really!
And did u fall of the chair seeing my post?! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ SONAL 😲😲😲😲😲😲 I didn't fall off the chair, but meri poori neend ud gayi πŸ˜†πŸ˜† thanks :))

EDIT-rest comes tomorrow after the exam :) GO SLEEP WOMAN. You have an exam tomorrow! πŸ˜²πŸ˜†

--sunshine-- thumbnail
REs will comment after u knw what
Akankshaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
resss lalala.

-edited-

you know i think i deserve some credit for this awesome piece. πŸ˜† as modest as it sounds, i kindof contributed to you listening the song. πŸ˜†

anyway, coming to the letter, one word : perfection. you know, i've been having a lot of bad days lately & this really cheered me up. i actually mean it when i say that this song AND this letter makes me feel more self-confident than before, all thanks to you. <3

love you for writing this, & i apologise for the awfully late replyyy. πŸ˜†
Edited by _Akanksha_ - 12 years ago
Angelic_J thumbnail
Well this is certainly different from what I usually readπŸ˜† You don't come across too many self help readings that too on I-F but I am glad you wrote this because it fits the girls of today to the T. I don't know about others but it certainly does fit meπŸ˜† This could just translate to Jot's shortest life story possible🀣
Faria. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Very nice
just wonderful OS Nidz.. i loved  d following lines...

Trust your heart, trust yourself and you will be absolutely fine.
Never give up on life. Never lose hope, no matter how bad things. Vent your feelings out. Talk to your best friends, write in a diary, listen to your favourite song or dance to your favourite tune...

beautifully written

Wings-of-Fire thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
expressed my life style actually. i live your words.still, my life is much more than those words. everyones just perfect in their own way.
Edited by -roshnee- - 12 years ago
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Cheesecake,  * πŸ€—*

I thought I could reserve, at the best but then I dun like reserves so I thought I could be a tad bit concise and shoot, anyway.

The word 'misplaced' in the song strikes me the same number of times as it did while reading your OS. It is finely written, Nidheya. It is crisp, and simple and most of all it is that bit of the author's baggage that she decided to share with the creatures up here.

This is an inspiring labyrinth for almost the whole, entire of this website for well, obvious reasons. 

Hoping you receive your bit of inspiration,
Kankshita   

Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
absolutely beautiful !! ..

especially the last lines brought tears to my eyes.

Dear Girl,
changing for someone's happiness is acceptable, but do not crush yourself for someone, bcz no one out there is more precious than your own self.

Sincerely,
Another girl who tried to change ..