should mobile be given too school going children?

Posted: 12 years ago
GuyZzz should this happen???
Well it depends. What age are you talking about? Pre-school kids or secondary school/college kids or somewhere in between?

I think it's perfectly understandable if a 11 year old kid who has parents that both work full time keeps a mobile on them at school. It's natural for parents to call them, especially if they need picking up after school or just in general to check up on them. (obviously not during school hours) Although naturally there are other issues as well like if a parent is worried what sort of texts their child is sending out. In fact I know someone who checks their daughters phone and goes through her texts every day. :| and if they're on pay as you go, at least they'll have a rough idea on what their limit is.

Ah memories of my nokia brick phone and playing snake on it all day long!

I thought mobile phones cause brain damage ?πŸ˜†

yeah coz they  r born to text !!!!! πŸ˜†

Keep-------------Smiling !!!! 😊
Originally posted by Summer3

I thought mobile phones cause brain damage ?πŸ˜†
Speaking of brain damage, Sir, mobile phones are carcinogenic.
On discussing it with my aunt, I figured out that the smart phone exclusively contributes in most of the radiation with respect to the cellphone. 

A basic Nokia mobile with torchlight is everybody's necessity today.
But the cellphones we teenagers ask for only contribute in our lazed out business, furthermore.
The whole text issue is something I heartily loathe, and gluing my ear with the phone doesn't seem to be the thing yet. 
I wouldn't refuse that I won't mind a phone, but I do know that I currently dun need it, not even the torchlight one. 

So to answer the questions in hand, I would say that a school student should be provided a phone under valid circumstances and must not be denied the thing if they are too much in exposure of kids whose dad's have multiple bank accounts, that'd stimulate a further sense of requirement in em. 
In my personal opinion children in Primary school (Elementary school) shouldn't be allowed to have mobiles/cellphones unless there is an absolute need for it. A proper age would be around 11 when they start Secondary school.

My 10 year old has been nagging for a mobile for the past couple of months. Well I have promised her she will get one as soon as she starts Secondary school. The reason is her school will be further away and she will be coming and going on her own. Beside I'm a single parent and to keep a worried parent like me calm; a mobile could be of great help. At least I would know about her whereabouts and how she is. Although she will only get a pay as you go phone and I will be going through her phone on a regular base.

Nowadays the Mobile phone has become a part of the anatomy of the individual...But here is no need for students to use mobile phones while in school, it should certainly be restricted in the classroom..!

Originally posted by Pashupati1231

GuyZzz should this happen???
It depends on how comfortable the parents are...how responsible the child is and what is the purpose of giving the child a cellphone...
School going children range from the age of 5 to 18 yrs so u cannot put all of them in one bracket...
I would say its OK to give cellphones fro middle school onwards...both my kids got one when they entered sixth grade...but it was more for me than for them...it was me who wanted to be in touch with them ont vice versaπŸ˜†...today I cannot imagine sending my kids somewhere without their cell phones so that I am unable to contact them...my son is going to college in August and I guess the cellphone is going be my life line..πŸ€”

Of course when they are given phones..limits have to be set and they have to be responsible enough...in my kids' school , they are supposed to leave their phones in the locker so its to be used if they want to inform their parents of any extra class or that kind of stuff...during the school hours if they have to contact the parents they are allowed to use the school phone..
Think there is no need for cell phones for students at school, just another distraction

Of course it also depends on how responsible the kid is, their age etc.

Anyways, in any case, in case of emergency during school timings the parents can call the school and the children are also allowed to use the phone at school to call parents, so don't see the need for a cell phone

If they can buy mobile phones, good for them, by all means they have earned the right to carry the phones. If they can afford the voice, text and data plans, even better for them, by all means they have earned the right to carry and use their phones.  

If not there are many tragic accidents that take place in schools like water damage, theft, etc. If parents insist on kids having phones, then I sure hope they can keep up with these tragedies.πŸ˜‰