Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
I dont really understand what a 12-13 year old does with a mobile phone.. 🤔

Anyways, it depends on the kid  ðŸ˜ƒ They have every right to possess one if they want to, and if their parents are willing to buy them one, but, obviously, phones shouldnt be allowed into the classrooms :/ 
gujunpyo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i got a cell after  10th std!..Anyways,depends..if its absolutely necessary,then fine!..Now a days i see 10-11 yr olds going around with cell phones,and the most disturbing part is that its mostly used as a status symbol.
mittijalebi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
finally a topic that i have very strong feelings about!

i really dont see any reason whatsoever why kids in school need cell phones.  i have a few friends who are teachers and they've told me that cell phones are nothing but a nuisance and a distraction for everyone.

they've told me of countless times when they've had to confiscate phones during a lesson and then they have no choice but to give the phone back at the end of the class only to repeat the same old scenario in the next class.

if there is an emergency during the school, the school is responsible for calling the parents and letting them know.  if the child feels like they need to inform their parents of something during school hours, well there is always the office phone or even pay phones in schools that they can use.

hey kids my age all grew up without cell phones...some of us even went half way through uni without cell phones, and there was never a time when we felt that not having a phone was an inconvenience. 

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Hello Jalebi ji ?
Waheguru, hope u doing good.

Yes they can be a nuisance.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: mittijalebi

finally a topic that i have very strong feelings about!

i really dont see any reason whatsoever why kids in school need cell phones.  i have a few friends who are teachers and they've told me that cell phones are nothing but a nuisance and a distraction for everyone.

they've told me of countless times when they've had to confiscate phones during a lesson and then they have no choice but to give the phone back at the end of the class only to repeat the same old scenario in the next class.

if there is an emergency during the school, the school is responsible for calling the parents and letting them know.  if the child feels like they need to inform their parents of something during school hours, well there is always the office phone or even pay phones in schools that they can use.

hey kids my age all grew up without cell phones...some of us even went half way through uni without cell phones, and there was never a time when we felt that not having a phone was an inconvenience. 

@ bolded...I have a real problem with this line of reasoning ..that oh..since I did not have such and such as a child and I was not inconvinienced ...so my kids also can do without it...I am not talking about cellphone here because everyone has their own idea about when the kids should be given cellphones...but just to say that since I was not incovinienced by the absence of something my kids should do the same...

Are we inconvinienced by the absence of something that will be invented 20 years from now...no...because we don't know about it...we have not used it...
We did not have internet growing up...but look today...my kids get their homework online...as the technology changes ..lifestyle changes...and things become necessary in that life style...so this argument is not fair to our kids...😛
mittijalebi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

hey i'm not that old that cell phones weren't even invented yet! 😆  in fact people did have cell phones back then...in uni...however, these days cell phones are used as someone said earlier as a status symbol or just a fad.

i'm not using that arguement for anything else...just cell phones in school.  i know technology overall has changed...like the internet...but those things are all used as learning tools in school.  a cell phones serves no such purpose in school.