+* DBSK: Articles Archive *+ (NO COMMENTS)

Posted: 12 years ago
*||*Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna*||*
 *||*Articles Archive*||*

Sagar Pictures to make a mytho for Imagine TV

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 | 4:11:42 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    25 Comments Sagar Pictures to make a mytho for Imagine TV

After Jai Shri Krishna its Dwarkadhish by Sagar Pictures on imagine...

After making Jai Shri Krishna for Colors, Sagar Pictures is planning to bring in another Mytho which will depict the life of Lord Krishna.

A source from the industry says, "Sagar Pictures is making a mytho show for Imagine tentatively titled as Dwarkadhish. The show will focus not only on Lord Krishna, but also on the life and relation of Krishna with Radha and Rukamani which is less narrated onscreen."

"The audition for the show is on and the show will go on floor once the cast gets finalized. The production house is mainly roping those actors who have already worked with them in their previous projects, "adds source.

We tried to get in contact with Amrit Moti and even sent him a text but did not get any revert.

After the great response got for Chandragupta Maurya. guess this has to be a big launch for Imagine...

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/9509-sagar-pictures-to-make-a-mytho-for-imagine-tv.htm

Vishal to play Lord Krishna

Neha Maheshwri May 22, 2011, 12.00am IST

Vishal Karwal seems to be a hot favourite with all the channels.

The channel that launched him in his debut soap — Bhagyavidhaata, repeated him in Pratha. Vishal had quit the former once the leap was planned, as he didn't want to age. There was a leap planned for Pratha too and the actor apparently was on his way out again. However, the show itself is ending.

But this hasn't worried the actor as he is loaded with offers and the one that has caught his fancy is a mythological show, Dwarikadheesh on Imagine TV. The actor who has played the boy-next-door characters till now, will now essay a mythological character in this show. He will see as Lord Krishna. A source tells us, "The show featuring Vishal will focus on Lord Krishna's love life with Rukmini and his death. All these chapters of Krishna's life haven't been touched in all the previous serials based on his life." Vishal remained unavailable for comment.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-05-22/tv/29568942_1_lord-krishna-vishal-karwal-pratha

"When I imagine Krishna I remember Nitish Bharadwaj"- Vishal

Vishal Karwal talks about his new avatar in Imagine TV'sDwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna...

The lucky period of Vishal Karwal began the moment he stepped into the television industry with MTV Roadies. One after the other he did shows without a break.

After being a play boy in Splitzvilla, he was seen as the helpless Vinay in Colors' Bhagyavidhata and the loving and caring Abhay in Rishton Se Badi Pratha.

Today the dimple cheeked boy is back in the most unexpected avtar of Lord Krishna with Imagine'sDwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna. He could be called as the first Krishna with the most charming smile.

In a conversation, Vishal speaks about his previous works and his new role as Lord Krishna…

How did acting happen to you?
Actually I was training to become a pilot before I ventured myself into acting and I am certified with BE in Computer Science. Though not a pilot now I have trained myself in that and I do have a license as well. It's when I completed my course and the show Splitzvilla that I got the offer from Colors. Acting has always been there in my mind and when the opportunity knocked on the doors, I grabbed it as I like to try different things. And it really turned out to be well.

What according to you is the point which made you to take up the role of Krishna?
As I said earlier, I always like to try different things and the positive aura around me makes everything well when I try things. I feel that I have a peaceful face because I do everything with honesty and I think these are the reasons for which I took the role. Also I think my smile is an additional factor which makes me the perfect fit for the role.

Swapnil Joshi and Nitish Bharadwaj have already created their identity as Lord Krishna. How far you will try to make up your own identity of Krishna?
I don't think I can even compare or even touch the character of Krishna which they have created, but I will definitely try to create my own one. Another important thing is that in those days, there was no media interference with their personal life which made their characters more alive. But today people know how those characters are seen off-screen; therefore they don't feel that much connected to the role now.

Are there any other projects keeping you busy other than Dwarkadheesh?
Yes, there are a few Punjabi films in the pipeline for which I have to go to Canada for its next schedule. The film which I am doing is Appa Phir Milanga. But I won't speak about it much as I am right now concentrating on Dwarkadhish.

Who is your idol as an actor?
The actor that I consider my idol is Aamir Khan who has all the qualities in him. I too adore Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan for being in the industry for so long.

How much homework did you do for the role and the show?
I have seen a few CD's and films of Lord Krishna to understand the gestures and postures and dialogues. But frankly, no deep study has been done because right now I am concentrating on my look, my body language and the diction. But I will definitely read books on Lord Krishna once I get set with the routine. And I am sure not to have any problem as I have brilliant directors and writers who always guide me.

Who is your favorite on screen Krishna?
Nitish Bharadwaj, any time; because whenever I imagine Krishna, I remember him.

How do you choose the roles that come your way?
I personally feel that whenever you select a role, you should always remember that you represent and family and come from a circle of friends. A bad behavior always affects the family and the impression of people. Coming from a small town, my neighbours ask my dad about the work I do here. I still remember when I was doing Roadies, my dad used to always worry about the people around me and used to ask me what kind of girls I am along with. But when I said I am offered Dwarkadheesh he more than happy and satisfied.

What are the reactions coming from your family and friends after taking up Dwarkadheesh?
As I said my father is really very happy and my friends, as always, are very much content with my growth. I don't have many friends from this industry but have a lot out of this industry with whom I am in touch with regularly.

Earlier people used to consider the actors as the real lord and used to touch their feet. Are you expecting the same reaction from your fans?
No never. I would never like anybody to touch my feet just because I essay the role of Lord Krishna. In fact I would love if someone appreciates me for my work. But I don't think it will happen at this point of time when media is so powerful. Today people know how actors are off-screen and for that one reason I do not think people will behave like that.

Who is your offscreen Rukamini?
I am very much single but yes on the other hand I am very romantic as I am Scorpion by nature.

You have not done any reality shows after Roadies and Splitzvilla.
Today, none of the reality shows attract me. I have had offers from Bigg Boss 5, Comedy Circus and few others, but I do not want to be a part of the routine shows. But if show like Fear Factor approaches me, I would definitely like to take that up. The intensity to do something different made me so choosy about my projects. And by god's grace I have received such good projects to stage my talent.

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

Puneet Issar to play Jarasandh in Dwarkadheesh

Friday, July 01, 2011 | 6:34:45 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    11 Comments Puneet Issar to play Jarasandh in Dwarkadheesh

Puneet Issar, Duryodhan of Mahabharat will essay the role of King Jarasandh in Imagine's Dwarakdheesh..

Imagine's Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna, produced by Sagar Pictures is all set to launch on 4th July at the 8 pm slot. Veteran actor Puneet Issar, who is even today remembered as Duryodhan of Mahabharat will play a vital role in the show.

Our source says, "Puneet Issar will essay the able and powerful role of King Jarasandh, the ruler of Magadh. He will be seen from the third episode onwards. Jarasandh's two daughters get widowed when Krishna slays their husband, Kans. This angers Jarasandh and he determines himself to attack Mathura. The repeated attacks on Mathura by Jarasandh in fact forces Krishna to relocate his capital city to Dwaraka".

Puneet Issar is presently seen in Sahara One's Kahani Chandrakanta Ki...

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

http://india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/9880-puneet-issar-to-play-jarasandh-in-dwarkadheesh.htm

Gauri Harmit Kaur to play Revathy in Dwarkadheesh

Sunday, July 03, 2011 | 1:10:43 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     Gauri Harmit Kaur to play Revathy in Dwarkadheesh

Gauri Harmit Kaur to play Balram's wife, Revathy in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

Gauri Harmit Kaur who was last seen in Imagine's Meera as Meera's mother will now essay Revathy in Imagine's new show Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna produced by Sagar Pictures.

A source says, "Gauri has been finalized to play Balram's wife Revathy in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna. Since Gauri had worked with Sagar Pictures earlier in Meera, the Production House was keen on taking her for the role of Revathy."

We contacted Gauri and she said, "Yes, I am plying Revathy in Dwarkasheesh and I am really excited about the character."

Balram will be eaasyed by Hemant Chadha...

Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna is set to launch on 4th July  at 8 pm on Imagine TV.

Reporter and Author: Ranjini Nair

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/9888-gauri-harmit-kaur-to-play-revathy-in-dwarkadheesh.htm

Saurabh Tewary on Dwarkadheesh and Preeto

Monday, June 27, 2011 | 6:15:16 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     Saurabh Tewary on Dwarkadheesh and Preeto

TellyBuzz in conversation with Saurabh Tewary , Head of Programing ' Fiction, Imagine TV, on the two upcoming shows on Imagine Dwarkadheesh and Preeto...

Imagine TV is going for a dual launch in Sagar Arts' Dwarkadheesh: Bhagwan Shri Krishn and Creative Eye's Sawaare Sabke Sapne - Preeto from the 4th of July at the 8 - 9 PM slot.
At the outset, Saurabh Tewary, Head of Programing ' Fiction, Imagine TV, talks about these two shows.

About the decision of having a mythological like Dwarkadheesh in the daily band, he said...
"Actually all began with the experiment of a different type of story telling with Chandragupta Maurya. It was a big fiction property for us and was put at a tough and competitive slot. And today the experiment has paid off well. We never wanted to treat Chandragupta Maurya as a typical historical, and kept the story telling and execution pacey. Now that Chandragupta Maurya has worked, we have decided to go one step further with Dwarkadheesh. We are very confident of the show doing well, as again its not been treated as a historical. We have kept the divine feeling intact and have not altered the image of Krishn, but the class and style with which we are shooting is different. Also we are touching upon the unexplored arenas like the story post Mahabharat, the Ruler in Krishn, why and what brought about the fall of Dwaraka etc. We have seen the childhood of Krishna being shown fabulously thro' Jai Shri Krishna on Colors. You will never get to see Krishna's childhood or for the matter of fact, the Krishn-Radha chemistry, the Kans Wadh on our show. Dwarkadheesh starts on a premise where all of these incidents have already happened in the life of Krishna".

On the casting of Vishal Karwal to essay the all important role of Lord Krishn, Saurabh Tewary avers...
"We found Vishal to be the right guy to portray the role. He is very good looking and has the dimple smile, with naughtiness in his eyes. When we saw him in the audition, we immediately knew he fits the role perfectly".

Talking about the other principal cast he states...
"Priya Bhatija plays Rukmini; the new face Nikitin Dheer essays the important cameo of Kalyavan who gets killed by Krishn in the very first episode. We will be casting known faces from both TV and films for special guest appearances as the story goes on".

Moving on to the other show Sawaare Sabke Sapne - Preeto, he states...
"Preeto is the story of a girl who takes care of her entire family and provides them with financial support like the son of the house. The uniqueness of this show lies in the manner in which the day to day situations in the life of the girl are dealt with. Preeto is not a girl who will sulk and cry at the end of the day; she knows to tackle her problems. She is a very relatable girl of today. She is full of life and energy and goes on to fall in love with an airforce guy".

When asked about such concepts seen earlier wherein the girl gets to be the bread winner of the family, he says...
"The beauty and disadvantage of the TV medium is that there are overall five concepts to deal with. If you look for a sixth concept, you might not get it. So all depends on showing the same thing in a different and better manner. If we try to show something drastically difficult, it usually falls flat. In Preeto too, the novelty and uniqueness is in the day to day execution".

Adding further, he states...
"Preeto is not a crusader who believes in fighting for justice wherever she goes. Her world is her family and handles problems in her way. She is independent, confident and aggressive, that way is extremely relatable".

On Ankita Sharma playing the title role, he comments...
"Ankita has that real element of life and spark, along with freshness. Preeto had to be a girl who you would fall in love with in just five minutes. The girl had to be good looking, and Ankita had all the characteristics. In fact both our lead couple had to be good looking. And we went thro' about 35 - 40 girls, both known and semi known before we zeroed in on Ankita. Also, Aditya
Redij who plays the lead is a cool dude in real life, similar to his character in the show".

On the existing shows on Imagine, Saurabh opined...
"It's an extremely competitive market, and there is no clear run for any GEC at themoment. As for Imagine, Beendh Banunga Ghodi Chadhunga which was launched during IPL has bettered in numbers and is doing consistently well. And Ratan Ka Rishta has given it a good lead in. Chandragupta Maurya of course is the leader. Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo is slowly recovering in numbers after the time slot change. We are heading towards an interesting story line as far as Baba is concerned. We are looking forward to Dwarkadheesh and Preeto to take us forward. There are nearly three more fiction shows in the pipeline".

Last but not the least, talking about the mediocre run of Ratan Ka Rishta in terms of ratings, he said...
"The overall response has been good. Having said this, we have always seen that reality shows do not fare as well in the later seasons when compared to the initial ones. But we believe Ratan Ka Rishta will gear up in numbers in the final stages".

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/9848-saurabh-tewary-on-dwarkadheesh-and-preeto.htm
Edited by lakshmin42 - 12 years ago

"It is easy to make me happy"- Vishal Karwal

"It is easy to make me happy"- Vishal Karwal

Vishal Karwal aka the dimpled Krishn of Imagine's Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna takes up the impromptu Quik Grills this week...

Who are you most grateful to: My father

At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? I feel rejuvenated and alive whenever I do my present show Dwarkadheesh.

If you just win a million dollars, would you quit your job? Never

A mistake from which you have learnt a lot: I have learnt a lot from my past relationships.

If you had a chance to go back for 24 hours to your past, where would you go and why?
  I can't think of anything at the moment.

If you could give an expansion to O.K what would that be?
 I am sorry I do not have that much presence of mind to come up with a witty answer.

When was the last time you lied to the media? And what was it?
 It was back in January, but I will not tell you what I lied.

What was the most romantic thing that a person has done for you? 
Frankly speaking, if any one does even a very small thing, like receiving me at the airport or cooking something for me, I love it. It is easy to make me happy.  

An embarrassing moment: 
I cannot call this an embarrassing, but I did not like when my initial co-star of my previous show said that I was involved in her replacement.

Your 3am friend: 
My friends from my boarding school. There are two of them where one friend  has even named his garment shop after me.

What is your daily diet? 
Earlier I was not really particular about my diet. But nowadays I am really careful about it. I eat light food with a gap of two hours and nowadays I survive mostly on liquid food.

The phone that you use?
 Blackberry from the past two years.

Your current obsession? Gym, I cannot miss my workout.

If given a choice which language would you like to learn? 
Spanish

Who was the first girl who came to you and said I love you?
 There was a girl who was a year junior to me in my boarding school. That was a sweet love story...

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan

https://india-forums.com/tellybuzz/quick-grills/10067-it-is-easy-to-make-me-happy-vishal-karwal.htm

Vishal Karwal 
Lord Krishna in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan 
Shree Krishn 
I don't work out just because I am an actor. I have been visiting the gym for the last four years. Though I have a hectic shoot schedule, I exercise every day. In fact, I've been to the gym even at 2 am on some occasions. I stay fit to be happy physically and mentally. I am passionate about working out - it is not a stressbuster but something I enjoy doing. Irrespective of my profession, I'd have always maintained my six abs. Currently, I have stopped working on my abs as it wouldn't go too well with my current character. 

(Source:  http://dipoletech.com/b-town/2011/07/i-dictate-that-doesn%E2%80%99t-go-down-well-vishal-karwal/

Original Article posted by Chemestry.and Armu4eva)

I dictate & that doesn't go down well: Vishal Karwal

TV actor Vishal Karwal talks about his life's mantra and the things that give him a high:-

Has preparation for your role in "Dwarkadheesh Bhagwan Shri Krishn" been a phase wherein you had to learn to unlearn your approach towards acting? 

To an extent, yes. "Dwarkadheesh" on Imagine TV is not a typical Hindi daily soap. Be it usage of pure Hindi, pauses while delivering the dialogues and body language (especially movement of hands), each aspect has been dealt with differently.

Will you be speaking in Sanskrit as well? 

I haven't recited any shloka in Sanskrit till now, but it is expected to happen in future. I remember when I watched "Mahabharat" as a kid, I never understood a few things because of the language. However, in "Dwarkadheesh'" our attempt has been to keep the language comprehensible. We all know how difficult Sankrit is.

With TV shows being pulled off air for no reason, do you ever feel cheated, especially when you know you are not responsible for it? 

I think of my current show as my last assignment. I have always been a positive person. So I don't let such things bother me. Only if we open our minds to positive behaviour, can we expect positive outcomes. Same applies to personal lives. If a relationship doesn't work, it is best to learn from it and move on in life. Fortunately, I have never cried myself to sleep. I'm not that emotional a guy! Maybe, this attitude has got more to do with one's gender rather than an individual's choice.

You said you have mood swings, would it be difficult to handle an equally moody partner? 

I'm very moody. There are moments when I don't feel like answering my phone. My friends often say I do things the way I want and I don't listen to what other people have to say. But that's how I am. I have always been an independent person. I dictate things and that doesn't go down too well with others. In a nutshell, I'm a typical Scorpion. I don't see any issues in getting a moody partner. I don't nag anyone. It is great if you don't interfere in people's lives. Live and let live is the mantra for a happy life. But what's equally important are the rest of the plans I want to focus on.

What are those plans?

There's a lot I would like to work on. I'm planning to set up a boarding school soon in an attempt to contribute to the society. And I would never want the kids to cram concepts. Besides that, I'm a certified pilot and I still have a decade left to take up the profession. No drug or alcohol can give me the high which landing a plane can. It is the same feeling I get when I act.

Edited by Debipriya - 12 years ago