•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
The first impression is the best impression, is what normally said; As far as the first episode of Preeto was considered, it was a decent one, having all elements of a good storyline ,able cast and a gripping end. Not bad a start!

An yet be published and recognised author/novel writer father, who struggles to meet ends but living in huge ancestral home, a loving and occasionally nagging mother (but with a wonderful sense of humor), four lovely sisters-An elder one  on the heavier side of physical build who yearns to get married and settled, the next one helping around the house; but a quiet and shy type of person, the fourth one a college goer and wanting to have a mast life of a typical teenager and the last one a studious one all form the back bone of Preeto's family.

Preeto as a dress designer helping to make ends meet in the family was indeed heart warming to watch. BTW Ankita knows how to ride a mopet and does a wonderful job at it.For a dress designed by her and valued at 1500, it was nice to see her getting the promised sum, after the client tried to under pay her. Her parting shot of "auntiji, agar aap ek famous designer se salwar order kiya toh aap ko 1500 rupiah mein sirf ek scarf hi mile ga" was indeed hilarious and cheeky.

Like a whiff of fresh breath a rishta for the erlder one  comes into the household , courtesy an aunt, a man who is somewhere in the middle years of his life (older to the elder sis by 11 yrs). The snces where the all time old Kubsoorat movie song (sun sun didi tere liye ek rishta ) is played in the background and all the sisters dancing and pulklying the elder ones legs was very natural and enjoyable. the unexpected surprise was the mom joining them in the fun. Something of a surprise package!!

The episode ends with a bespectaled man, probabaly a friend, entering the house and seeing the prospective groom's photo comments that "yeh shaadhi nahi ho sak tha!"

Well in a nutshell it was a nice and decent episode(I won't put it as one with a bang start, or a bulls eye epis). Nevertheless, it was worth watching and the wait to see Ankita back on the small screen was all the more valuble.

Yes this show promises to grab our eyeballs and hope to keep us glued like this.

Edited by maris08 - 12 years ago
not watched fst eps today , i will try to catch  it tomo in a day  , hope that i get succeed in that...
Wow Maris!! Now I MUST see the first episode! Can't wait to see Ankita Sharma and will be back as soon as I saw the episode πŸ˜‰
True, this is a very decent start. Ankita Sharma introduces this new role effortless πŸ˜› I like her style, there's no Saachi there 😊 (I miss Barun near her though 😭)

Already I saw 2 very good scenes in this first episode, the scene where/how she argues with the aunty about  her price (the look on her face awesome!) and the way she looks when she finds her wallet empty πŸ˜•

All in all, a very good start indeed πŸ˜‰

Dint see the epi yet. will comment after watching.
I saw the first episode of Preeto.It is very good.it is so refreshing to see Ankita after four months😊.Ankita's looks her acting is  quite different and livelyπŸ‘πŸΌ.I wants to see one more time πŸ˜‰
Saw the epi.I would say it a   decent start for a first epi.It was a typical five sisters story in the first epi,Would like to see how cv's show it differently in future.

Ankita was good!! 
Edited by ktms - 12 years ago
orginial posted by Sheila on 4th July

True, this is a very decent start. Ankita Sharma introduces this new role effortless πŸ˜› I like her style, there's no Saachi there 😊 (I miss Barun near her though 😭)

Even I also feel same to sameπŸ˜‰

I also think that Preeto is off to a good start - it was good seeing Ankita back on the screen. I really like her role - she is not the old traditional Saachi which we saw in BHPH - I like the Punjabi flavor in this show...!! 
Good first episode, introduction of the characters and a little bit of peek at their life.  The casting is good and I love the punjabi music in the background.  The episode ended good too...because now we want to watch to see what is wrong with the munda?