•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Since there is no regular updater for Monday I will give the highlights of the show

• The show begins with the voice over which says about Jarasandh's attacks on Madura and how Jarasandh seeks help from Kalyavan
  • We get to see the atrocities of Kalyavan's army; such as burning down houses, killing innocent people, obstructing yagas etc.
  • There is the introduction to Kalyavan. He is making the saints to do "abhishek" for him. He proclaims that he is God after obtaining boon from the Gods and ask the people to worship him.
  • An old saint comes and tells that the God is Dwarakadeesh. Kalyavan tortures the saint and the saint is imprisoned.
  • Kalyavan sends a message to Dwaraka
  • Introduction to Balram who is practicing. The soldier brings the message which says that either Krishna or Balram must accept Kalyavan as his God or must get ready to die
  • Balram is angry and asks the soldier to tell Krishna to meet him. The soldier replies that Krishna had already left for the war
  • Kalyavan's huge army is shown and Kalyavan yells Krishna to come out instead of being a coward
  • Suddenly the climate changes and it grows dark. Krishna comes in his chariot all alone. Kalyavan makes fun of Krishna. After a small conversation Krishna suddenly turns his chariot and goes back. Kalyavan follows him
  • Krishna enters a cave. Kalyavan sees a person who is sleeping and sees Krishna's cloth over him. Kalyavan stamps that person many times. He wakes up and looks at Kalyavan. Kalyavan is burned in to ashes.
  • Krishna comes in front of Muchhkand. Muchhkand tells that he was told by the Devtas that when he burns the person who wakes him in to ashes he would get to see the God. But he could not see God; which means that the word of the Gods was futile.
  • Krishna tells that the word of the Gods cannot be futile and show His "virad-roop"
Please press the Chaskameter. Sorry for the errors and please do comment on the update.
Lakshmin

Thanks for the great update!!!

First things first - some people had expressed their concerns about the actor playing Krishna, but I thought that Vishal did even a better role exuding Krishna than Nitish Bharadwaj did (yeah, yeah, I know, I'm making those sacreligious comparisons that will start a Kurukshetra type war here in the new forum itself and risk making me a sorta Puranadara Vasudeva, but know what? I'm willing to risk it 😆).  The way he confronted Kalyavan was just too good!

I thought the confrontation b/w the 2 wasn't totally on - in the ACK Krishna & Jarasandha, Kalyavan's troops fought Balaram and his army, while Krishna lured Kalyavan into the cave.  But I like the way Muchkund incinerated him - the special effects here were awesome!! 👍🏼  Specially his eyes 😆

Another thing about Kalyavan - where did it come that he had a boon from Brahma?  He and his people were Yavanas i.e. Shastric laws and practices didn't apply to them, which describes why they behaved like savages (this is different from Asuras and Rakshashas, who did follow shastric laws, albeit their own.)  Yavana was a term used at the time for foreigners who did not know or did not follow the codes of behavior laid down in the scriptures.  So if that was the case, how could he have received a boon from Brahma?

The precap showed the entry of Rukmini tonight.  I hope they don't do this serial in leaps & bounds, but have a consistent flow to it.  Next event would be Krishna returning to Dwarka, and Rukmi telling his father that he wants to win Jarasandha's favor by having Rukmini marry Shishupala.

I'll comment on the rest on the first impressions thread, since it's more about the serial than just this episode!
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
Thanks for the update.

I liked the show it was different,

@vrish
Nitish Bharadwaj had set a image of Krishna but i think Vishal had fab job with his expressions.,acting etc.
It was a nice show
it was good episode...loved vishal as krishna...especially the running from kalyavan all way into the cave...

but would have been great if storyline started from kans death, releasing his parents and grandfather from prison  and then relocating to  dwarka...
Thanks for the highlights dear
Vishal was looking like Krishna but Balram was,nt
the show was shown very fast... They dint show clearly which vardan kalyavan got and who that old man? they would hv shown for the ppl who dont know , i know coz i hd seen in SK but my fam dint knew so i hv to tell them in detail
n Y they were i hurry to kill kalyavan today only?

Vish:  i agree with u ... but i still think Swapil Nitish Dhriti and Meghan had the softness in there voice where Vishal is lacking ...

kinny_ranvir:  completely agree , JSK was ended after Kans vath (some epsodes were soon but but in hurry ) and its Minakshi Sagars Production only who made JSK
Edited by ...PARiNA... - 12 years ago
@ lakshmin: thanx 4 d update dear, it's so nice to c u here !!😃
I just saw the first episode, and I really like Vishal's expressions as he is confronting Kalyavan. They reminded me of Swapnil Joshi during the same scene.😆 

I liked the technology used in this episode, but why is everything so dark and forboding? Even Krishna and Balram's palace looks miserable.😔 Out of the new mythos, I much prefer the Ramayan and JSK Gokul settings because they looked really colorful and bright.

Also, Krishna was not supposed to appear with weapons. He came to fight Kalyavan on foot, with nothing on him, and then challenged him to a one-on-one fight, luring Kalyavan away to the Muchkund cave while Jarasandh and Kalyavan's troops fought Dwaraka's. Here in this serial they show Kalyavan chasing Krishna on a chariot, and Krishan is on a chariot too.

I don't like the actor they chose as Balram, he looks more of a Duryodhan type and has none of Balram's humor in him.
Vrish - I too don't remember any boon from Brahma. If I remember correctly, it's the Vishnu Puran that gives some details on Kalyavan's history, and in that there is mention of a boon from Shivji that he would be invulnerable to any arms or weapons - but this boon was bestowed on his father, not him. He himself did not even know about the boon that he'd have been priding himself on it, because he was raised a malech.

In other blunders - this one, I think, is kinda significant - Kalyavan attacked Mathura, not Dwarika. He was the last ally Jarasandh sent out before Krishna moved everyone to Dwarika and Mathura was ravaged by Magadh's army. I agree with most of you here, that the storytelling needs to slow down a notch and be a bit more expository, and that would've worked well even if Kalyavan showed up in the first epi - as long as they had shown it correctly. Then we could've had the move to Dwarika as the focus of the first week and eased into this image of 'Dwarikadheesh'. I personally didn't love the dialogue with Muchkund at the end either, IMO it didn't sound like something Krishna would say - especially the "yeah, you guys do the crime and ask me to suffer for it" bit.

On the bright side, Vishal far exceeded my expectations from when I saw that launch video. He was smooth and confident in his dialogue delivery, his pronunciations and inflections were great for a first try. I also actually liked Balram, especially after today's scene but will discuss that in another thread, he is doing the angry act subtly enough to be taken seriously. Music... it's Ravindra Jain! Yayyy And the chaupaai tune hasn't resurfaced yet... double yayyy 😆 Glad to see they've gone in a devotional direction with that rather than giving us modern melodies that don't fit a mytho. I especially loved the dhun that was in the launch video on IF's main page a week ago, that "murli manohar jai giridhaari jai ho, jai jagdish" one... I sooo hope they play it again, or even again and again... if anyone finds that vid with clearer sound in the beginning, please do send me the link! Onto today's epi...