07/05/2011: Krishna assuages Revathy

Poll

Who do you like in the casting

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Narada asks Krishna(?) (who actually appears as Vishnu - all 4 arms - shankha, chakra, gada, padma) why he used this trick to kill Kalyavan when he could have killed him in a confrontation?  Krishna tells him that it was to teach mankind that one doesn't need to be a god to defeat evil.

The scene switches to Rukmini's palace, and she's in her puja room w/ a band of her dancers singing her hymns in praise of Vishnu (Surprisingly, she sang about Krishna & his influence amongst the gopis, which was quite strange)  Then a messenger comes to her w/ the news of Kalyavan's death.  Rukmini is happy.  She then discusses w/ her friends whether she's ever let Krishna know that she loves him.  She tells them that if he didn't reciprocate, she'd be defiled, since she could never provide anyone else a pure love that didn't have someone else precede it.

Krishna returns to Dwaraka and finds out that Balaram is not happy.  He goes into Balaram's chamber, but Balaram is busy taking body blows from the hanging beanbags (dunno what exactly they're called).  Balaram tells him that since he can't punish him, he's punishing himself πŸ˜• and leaves.

Krishna then goes to the garden where Revathy - Balaram's wife is - and falls @ her feet.  She however reprimands him for the same reason, and refuses to talk to him.  Krishna then leaves.  Revathy is later having a discussion w/ Balaram, and he asks her to swear to him that she won't forgive Krishna.  Just then, they hear Krishna on his flute, and like the Pied Piper, he lures Revathy away.  After a while, when she's lost in the music, he suddenly stops πŸ˜† She demands that he resume, and he puts in conditions that she has to forgive him herself, and get Balaram to do it as well 🀣

Precap: Jarasandha is furious @ Kalyavan's death, and assures his widowed daughters that he'll kill Krishna

Note: Poll above - multiple choices allowed!  Comments follow next post.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail

The explanation this serial adopted for Krishna's rationale on why he chose the way he did to get rid of Kalyavan was bizarre.  It just turns concepts like 'code of conduct' in warfare on its head, and makes it seem like people should be free to break any rules πŸ˜†  Whatever!!!

I wish they had introduced Rukmini properly by first showing Vidharbha, its ruler Bhishmaka who was a vassal of Jarasandha, his son Rukmi who was a friend of his, and his sister Rukmini, who despite these alliances, admired everything she had heard about Krishna.   Maybe even in the context of an argument over whether Krishna or Kamsa was right.  In the ACK Krishna & Rukmini, that's how it was started.  It would have made more sense than just showing some random palace, not even showing the kingdom, and then, most incredibly, Rukmini praising Krishna for enchanting the Gopis.

Krishna looked like he was trying to play Lakshman to Revathy's Sita, but the thing that struck me most about this was the statuses of both Krishna & Balaram.  The serial describes both of them as the rulers, when in fact, neither was.  So far, in the serial, they've not shown Ugrasena, Devaki, Vasudev or Rohini.  Aren't they planning to?  B'cos Ugrasena was the ruler of Dwaraka, and so he would have got to know of all this first.  But aside from that, if Krishna wanted to assuage Balaram, how come Devaki or Rohini weren't there to help him, and he had to go to Revathy?  But the interaction b/w them was cute.

The precap made no sense @ all.   Jarasandha would have done everything they show tomorrow before the 16 wars that he ran against Krishna, not after.

On the actors, I think Hemant would have been better casted as Bhima, and Praphulla Pandey, who played Indrajit in AS Ramayan, should have played Balaram.  After all, Balaram had a much hotter temper than what Hemant displayed.

Rukmini did look okay, as opposed to the trailers.  Having seen Priya in BAVD, I didn't doubt that she'd do fine - just that she looks too tall to be a Rukmini, but that's subjective.  Revathy was sweet as well.  Soon enough, she should have 16,108 devranis to keep her busy πŸ˜†
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update. Havent watched the scene yet. But hows Revathy? Revathy was supposed to be a tall woman who shrinks in size to be Balaram's wife. But Balarama himself was very huge.

So wondering how this will proceed. Dwarka was created much later due to repeated attackes by Jarasandha on Mathura. Krishna actually  abandoned Mathura as he did not want war. 
Vr15h thumbnail
Revathy wasn't very tall - Gauri is average height.  She was attractive, though.

Yeah, this is one major howler in what they've said so far - these events took place before Krishna moved his people to Dwaraka, not after, as shown here.  But at the start of the serial, 16 wars have already taken place, and the 17th was the one that involved Kalyavan.

But they're showing Krishna's kingdom as an island already. πŸ€”
superdil19 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i think puneet because he has already done duryodhan charector and this charector is match his previous serial but i disappointed with lead cast
anyway show is nice and director  doing  work hard
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
First of all thanks vrish ... for this thread , reminded me Raj (set_raj) who was with us in JSK forum , he too always had his inputs stories and facts about Krishna

This content was originally posted by: _Vrish_

Narada asks Krishna(?) (who actually appears as Vishnu - all 4 arms - shankha, chakra, gada, padma) why he used this trick to kill Kalyavan when he could have killed him in a confrontation?  Krishna tells him that it was to teach mankind that one doesn't need to be a god to defeat evil.
Love this ...
 question , i hv just seen some episodes from SK (not all) as i rem at the time of Kalyavan vadh , Balram was not married .. was he ??
and Krishna was in Dwarka at that time or in Mathura ?
opps i just read the comments above ... so got the answer πŸ˜†

The scene switches to Rukmini's palace, and she's in her puja room w/ a band of her dancers singing her hymns in praise of Vishnu (Surprisingly, she sang about Krishna & his influence amongst the gopis, which was quite strange)  Then a messenger comes to her w/ the news of Kalyavan's death.  Rukmini is happy.  She then discusses w/ her friends whether she's ever let Krishna know that she loves him.  She tells them that if he didn't reciprocate, she'd be defiled, since she could never provide anyone else a pure love that didn't have someone else precede it.
Was actually Rukmini was in Love with Krishna i mean this Love was before marriage or after ?

Krishna returns to Dwaraka and finds out that Balaram is not happy.  He goes into Balaram's chamber, but Balaram is busy taking body blows from the hanging beanbags (dunno what exactly they're called).  Balaram tells him that since he can't punish him, he's punishing himself πŸ˜• and leaves.

Krishna then goes to the garden where Revathy - Balaram's wife is - and falls @ her feet.  She however reprimands him for the same reason, and refuses to talk to him.  Krishna then leaves.  Revathy is later having a discussion w/ Balaram, and he asks her to swear to him that she won't forgive Krishna.  Just then, they hear Krishna on his flute, and like the Pied Piper, he lures Revathy away. Krishna Leela , He is smart enough πŸ˜‰ Balram rightly said woh aik chaliya hai πŸ˜† After a while, when she's lost in the music, he suddenly stops πŸ˜† She demands that he resume, and he puts in conditions that she has to forgive him herself, and get Balaram to do it as well 🀣
i wish they hd shown the marriage or Balram and Revathy .. how they met and get married
are Sagars assuming that ppl know everything about Krishna's and Balrama's life ... if so then what is the use of making

Precap: Jarasandha is furious @ Kalyavan's death, and assures his widowed daughters that he'll kill Krishna

Note: Poll above - multiple choices allowed!  Comments follow next post.

Edited by ...PARiNA... - 12 years ago
Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
i think puneet ji n gauri suiting thr roles the most n yes i dnt like rukmini's entry n the song  plz dnt mind guyz 
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: BhartiKhushi909

i think puneet ji n gauri suiting thr roles the most n yes i dnt like rukmini's entry n the song  plz dnt mind guyz 

y we'll mind yaar .. infact many ppl here dint liked Rukmini  .
but i liked her πŸ˜‰
Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: ...PARiNA...

y we'll mind yaar .. infact many ppl here dint liked Rukmini  .
but i liked her πŸ˜‰

are m saying i dnt like her entryπŸ˜† n d song, she's gud i dnt mind her as rukmini😳 , if she wrks gudπŸ˜‰
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@ Vrish, Nice Update! 😊 

Loved the dialogue of Rukmini where she said like- '...the wind will tell Krishna about me, the rain will tell Krishna about me'... Very nice dialogue.⭐️

Krishna's interaction with Revathy was also very very sweet. β­οΈ

Yes, don't know, why they are not showing Ugrasen, Devaki, Vasudev. They should bring these characters as we are moving towards the marriage of Shri Krishna. As well as to portray the true (political) picture of Dwarika.

Well, actually I liked the way Krishna explained about the work done in the way of a 'normal human being' (regarding Kaalyavan vadh). "That was to teach mankind that one does not need to be God to defeat evil"...   Very nicely written!! πŸ‘

Yes, Vidarbha should have been shown, this serial is showing very abrupt incidents and as Parina has written that they think as if the audience already know the story in details, so a hint will be enough to start a new storyline! πŸ˜Š

Really Loved Revathy, Loved her in Meera also, very natural acting!⭐️

@ Vinu, Nothing about Revathy's height has been shown so far. πŸ˜• RSji showed it in SK.

And yes, in SK Kaalyavan and Jarasandh battle - both took place during their Mathura stay. I think 'Dwarkadheesh' creatives are changing the story to bring it to some specific tracks. πŸ˜”

@ Pari, During Kaalyavan vadh, Balram was not married and they were living in Mathura only (acc to  RS- SK).

And yes, Rukmini was in love with Krishna before their marriage. She heard a lot about the miracles of Krishna and fell in love with the Him, wanted to marry Him and lastly send a message to him to save her from marrying Shishupal (acc. to the -plans of Jarasandh and her brother Rukmi).