Producer told me there would be catfights: Ankita

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Ankita Sharma

Ankita Sharma made her foray into the world of television with the parallel lead in Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo. The talented actress then bagged the lead role in Baat Hamari Pakki Hai. Ankita is now making a comeback on the small screen in Creative Eye Productions' Sawaare Sabke Sapne – Preeto.

In an exclusive interview with TellyChakkar she throws light on her character Preeto and how much she wanted to play it.

How is the character Preeto?
Biji told Preeto right at the beginning that she has five daughters and is finding it difficult to get them married. She feels bad for not having a son. So Preeto basically wants to fill up the void in Biji's life and like a son she will take up all the responsibilities of the house. She is a dependable girl who does not want to see anybody unhappy. She is a girl who'd never cry but fight for her rights.

Are you like Preeto?
I am just like Preeto. I am not at all different from her.

How much does this show interest you?
This show does interest me a lot as when I played Sanchi in Baat Hamari Pakki Hai the character was nothing like me. Sanchi was very simple and silent but Preeto is very outgoing and sharp. For example if an aunty has asked her to stitch a dress in exchange of Rs 1500, she will see to it that she receives the exact amount. In case that aunty pays her half the amount she will give her only the lehenga and not the kurta. She is very lively and knows how to tackle people.

Are you a Punjabi too?
No, I am a pahadi girl. I am from Nainital.

How did you bag this role?
After Baat Hamari Pakki Hai got over I went to Delhi and stayed there for sometime. On returning back to Mumbai I auditioned for the show and got selected. In fact, initially I was asked to audition for another role but I insisted on auditioning for the role of Preeto. They allowed me to audition but I had lost all hope as they informed me that I was too short to play the character. But finally I was chosen to play Preeto.

How challenging is this role for you?
I had to work on my Punjabi accent. Other than that I have already mentioned that Preeto and Ankita are a lot like each other. To get my Punjabi tone right, I would ask my friends to talk to me in Punjabi as I did not want to randomly add tussi and assi in my conversation. Initially my friends used to joke with me but later they really helped me get my accent right. Furthermore, it always takes some time to adjust with a new team. But it is part and parcel of an actor's life.

Any plans to enter films?
Well, there are no plans to do films as of now. In fact I don't plan anything in life; it's just that everything keeps happening on its own. But I have done one film with Sagar Pictures which is still unreleased. After the movie I decided to come to Mumbai and try my luck in acting. By nature I am a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of a person and as long as I am doing good work, it doesn't really matter if the medium is TV or films.

How is the chemistry between you and your onscreen sisters?
When my producer had called me for the first time he told me that there would be lot of catfights with many girls in the show, but thankfully my bonding with my onscreen sisters is really good, especially with Mita and Ishmit. We share the same room. We treat Sonu and Bani like kids.

A lot of shows have been made on girls taking up responsibilities of their families. How different will this be?
It really doesn't mater if people make comparisons. The real competition lies in discerning how to entertain and convince the audiences through our show. In today's scenario so many shows are getting launched that viewers get confused what to watch and what not to. Keeping this in mind we are working on the show. Our show represents a family and it is important how we connect with all the other families out there. Furthermore, our show will also address concerns faced in day to day life.

In Ankita's interview she express her views frankly.As Saanchi she did  very well She will do  definetely well as  preeto In yesterday's episode both Ankita and her mother role  played (I do not know her name ) acted very well
I like her answers...
U totally rock gal!!!!👍🏼
Nice answers Ankita. She seems to have done her homework well in what to talk now.
TC articles are not allowed on IF. its against the rules.
topic to be closed
gud answers by ankita...thanku for the article...😃
lovveed her as saaancchii!!!..would like to see her here too!!!..thanks for posting this articlle!!..^^