Sawaare Sabke Sapne Preeto

TOI:Wheres the time for love-Aditya

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Where's the time for love: Aditya Redij

Shruti Jambhekar, TNN | Jul 8, 2011, 12.00am IST

The good-looking hunky Aditya Redij aka Raghav ofNaa Aana Iss Des Laado who's been the heartthrob of young girls ever since he debuted on television is now back with a brand new show as the lead. 

Kolhapur lad Aditya has played character roles in Telugu and Marathi films before doing ramp modelling and then moving on to the small screen. After a brief sabbatical, Aditya's playing the male lead in Sawaare Sabke Sapne... Preeto. 

Considering he was almost jobless for eight long months, what made him quit a show like Na Aana Iss Des Laado when it was a TRP-puller? Aditya shrugs nonchalantly and says that he didn't want to be part of the 20-year old leap that was taking place in the show. He says, "The producer did not give me any choice. He asked me to either accept the 'leap' or exit the show. I chose to quit as I didn't want to play the role of a father. Otherwise, there were no hassles between the producer and me." Aditya's been enjoying his break reading scripts. His character in Preeto, has made Aditya upbeat. He says, "I play the role of Ranveer Singh who is an Airforce pilot. It feels good to play a modern character in the soap after having worked in a show with a rural backdrop." 

We ask him if he is happy doing something completely different from what he did earlier and pat comes the reply. He says, "I don't relate to the characters I play. I simply get into the skin of the character and act as per the role demands. Once the camera switches off, I am a different person. 

Incidentally Aditya found his place in the telly world through a close friend associated with Marathi television. He says, "Mahesh Kothari is a big name in Marathi television and films. He is a close family friend. I did a Marathi film and later got noticed by people from the television world. They asked me to come over for auditions and that's how I landed Na Aana..." Aditya who has done a Telugu film as well, says it was, "a good learning experience. The Telugu film industry is very organized and more professional. I look forward to doing more films down south." Since every telly star gets Bollywood dreams in their eyes sooner or later, where does Aditya see himself? Aditya confesses that he's game for "Hindi films," but is raring to "doing a reality TV show. I won't mind doing a Khatron Ke Khiladi, but I would never feature in a dance-based reality show because I can't dance well." 

After gruelling schedules, Aditya loves to de-stress with his workouts and lazing at home on holidays. And the one good news to gladden your hearts ladies is —the hottie man is very much single and not taken. He rubbishes any rumours of datings co-star Natasha Sharma and says, "I'm single and have no time for relationships." Pity we heard that before too!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Jahnvi- thumbnail
thank you for sharing. 
sehar mehrotra thumbnail
Thnx fr sharing...can't wait fr his entry!!!!
Also bcoz I luv men in uniforms...lolzzz
chammak_challo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for posting...!!
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
t4s...gr8 2 c him bk... he was a gd actor in NAIDL