07/07/2011: Jarasandha plans 17th war

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
The scene starts with Rukmi arriving @ a venue where some sort of yagna is taking place.  He arrives @ the location and enters the temple, and Jarasandha is slowly unconcealed.  He is fuming w/ rage, and throws a prisoner to the ground.  He then takes his mace & shatters some of the pottery around him, before his eyes fall on his widowed daughters, and he lands the mace in the agnikund.  A portrait of the late Mr Kamsa is seen, garlanded (Was this the practice then?)  He then takes them in his arms and assures them that he'll avenge them by killing Krishna.

Rukmi then gives him the news of Kalyavan's death, and expresses his surprise that Krishna is still alive and that Jarasandha isn't completely outraged.  Jarasandha tells him that he did conduct 16 wars against Krishna, but to no avail.  However, this time, he plans to beseige Dwarka.  He assigns 2 of his spies to go there, and tells the messenger (was it a vassal prince?) that he'd this time crack open Dwarka's defenses.

Revathy and Balaram are having a conversation on who Krishna should marry.  Revathy is worried that they are surrounded by enemies, so none of them would be willing to give their princesses in marriage to Krishna.  Balaram tells her that once Krishna is astrologically matched w/ someone, they'd have him married to her, and welcomed.

Rukmini writes a letter to Krishna and has one of her maids deliver it.  Some of her other attendants arrive and tell her about Jarasandha's invasion of Dwaraka.  Rukmini is furious.

Revathy then goes to Krishna's chamber and tells him that her blessings are w/ both of them πŸ˜† Krishna is surprised, and tells her that he's alone, but Revathy tells him that her other blessing was for whoever he brought into the palace as a bahu.  Krishna mischievously asks her whether she wanted to discuss his love life, and she agrees πŸ˜†  She then shows him the portraits of a few princesses, but Krishna tells her that he doesn't see any love in any of those πŸ˜†

The scene shifts to Rukmini, and she gets the news of Jarasandha's latest attempt to destroy Krishna.  She goes to her temple and starts doing her arati for Krishna's safety, and prays to the devis that although she knows nothing can happen to Krishna, she still entrusts them w/ his safety.

Back @ Dwaraka, the old mother of yesterday w/ her injured son keeps crying, and one of her tears falls, and next shot is it being on Krishna's shoulder.  He sees it and then appears b4 them.  She is overjoyed to see him, and he assures her that he's always there for his devotees.  The episode ends there.

No precap!
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Today's episode didn't make too much sense - Kalyavan died after the 17th war, and that was also the one where Krishna & Balaram were surrounded on a hill set on fire by Jarasandha's forces, but jumped to what looked to Jarasandha like their deaths, but actually emerged unscathed.  Maybe they'll show it.

Revathy's conversation w/ Krishna was funny - she wanted to talk to him about a new bahu, and it was even funnier seeing him take her up on it. πŸ˜† Revathy-ji, wait until you get all your devranis - I can't wait to see her when Krishna returns after killing Narakasura and bringing back 16,100 more wives. πŸ˜†
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks Vrish. Yesterday I saw the epiode for the first time. But I was maha disappointed. Waiting to see how this proceeds.

I agree, Kalyavan actually dies after the 17h war. It was actually one freind of Jarasandha if I am not mistaken, Shalya who suggests Kalyavan's name to Jarasandha as Jarasandha had lost 16 times to Krishna. Its after this 16 times that krishna decides to got o dwaraka as it is an island and Jarasandha cannot make repeated attacks. So its now that the Actually dwaraka was created which was an island and kind of impregnable to attacks.

Revathy is damn good as an actress. But her interaction with krishna is so artifical. And what with all Raja Ravi Varma's photos being passed of brides's pics includuing damayanthi with the swan.

Rukmini sorry to say was a disappointment to me.

Krishna what little I saw of him was okay. He has cute dimples doesnt   mean he needs to have a perpetual grin. Oh, I am still not able to get over Nitish Bharadwaj. I think this Krishna has a tough act to follow. But he was pleasant. I must admit that though.

And Rukmi is such a joke. I am sorry if I am offending someone but just could not help making this statement.
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Vrish, Enjoying the Daily Updates ⭐️. Just adding a bit more info about the episode πŸ˜Š - 

-- That messenger was Price Rukmi himself πŸ˜Š, who shot the messenger with an arrow (WRT 6 July update written by Lola). He started his journey to King Jarasandh right after hearing about the death of Kaalyavan. 

-- And in yesterday's episode, there was also a scene where Rukmini wrote a letter to Krishna expressing her love and gave it to a messenger to deliver it right into the hands of Krishna. After that she got the news of Jarasandh's plan to attack Dwarika.

I was surprised the way Jarasandh smashed the Yagna vedi, what was the significance of that action? πŸ˜”  If he could not control his anger and has no faith in Religious rituals then what was the need to arrange for it?? I was Confused πŸ˜• 

Well, Puneet Essar has already done such roles, so I guess he will be performing well here too. Depends on the characterisation of Jarasandh drawn by the creatives here in DBSK. 

Was really surprised to find the sentence- "jodiya to upar se banke aate hai"-  from Krishna... It was really a cliche one, never expected from a person like Krishna... And the Tailchitra of all the princess of Aaryavart was also surprising... ( completely my personal opinion, don't want to offend anyone here).😊

Yes, the last sc was good, the way Krishna appeared and delivered the message to the Old Mother, was very nice ⭐️. The main problem there was the 'shortage of time'. It seened as if Vishal was in a hurry to complete the dialogue within a certain time, so the effect which was expected from that dialogue could not be experienced properly πŸ˜” ... I would like to see such scenes to be a bit longer in future so that they can have an impression on the devotees.

Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vinuchand

I agree, Kalyavan actually dies after the 17h war. It was actually one freind of Jarasandha if I am not mistaken, Shalya who suggests Kalyavan's name to Jarasandha as Jarasandha had lost 16 times to Krishna. Its after this 16 times that krishna decides to got o dwaraka as it is an island and Jarasandha cannot make repeated attacks. So its now that the Actually dwaraka was created which was an island and kind of impregnable to attacks.

And Rukmi is such a joke. I am sorry if I am offending someone but just could not help making this statement.

@ Vinu, 

Completely agree with the storyline you have given . The same was shown in RS SK, I think in DBSK, they have omitted that part also and made Kalayavan a friend of Rukmi (without mentioning any history about their friendship πŸ˜•, how it started etc), instead of Shalya ( as that character is not here in DBSK). 

To watch Vishal's performance as Krishna, go thr' this video (a part from 6 July ep.), by far his best sc β­οΈ  (acc to me):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ5beMuxfkQ

Rukmi was weird, I also felt that (again, my personal opinion 😊). While talking to King Jarasandh, he did not show any emotion, but the camera was repeating the close up shots of Rukmi... Don't know why πŸ˜•...
lakshmi42 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you so much for the brilliant update VrishπŸ‘.
It seems they are messing up facts that are given in Bhagavad. Jarasandh was not able to attack Dwaraka. It is a well known fact that after the final war Krishna moved from Madhura to Dwaraka. If at all the CV's wanted to show the attacks of Kalyavan and Jarasandh; they could have begun from the life of Krishna in Madura after the death of Kans. Messing up of things is really irritating.
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks a lot Vrish for update

tell me one thing at time ppl use to match kundali's ?? πŸ˜›πŸ˜†
in Sita ji's swayamwar there was no kundali match ...
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update Vrish...

Btw did the potraits actually look like the potraits of princessπŸ˜• Rest you all have said regarding the other things
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks a lot for the update, Vrish!

I only liked the Krishna-Revathi scene in this episode. It was cute, funny, and natural, but other than that all the Rukmi and Rukmini scenes are kind of disappointing.πŸ˜” I don't like the characterization of Rukmini so far, she doesn't seem like the mother of the world in her interaction with others, including her family.

Vishal and Gauri are really good actors, I love their interaction as Bhabhi-Devar.😍
thanx for the upd.

VISHAL is doing a fab. job as KRISHNA...