Ram Kapoor directed to loose weight - Article

Posted: 12 years ago
Seems the makers of Bade Achhe Lagte Hain have woken up from a deep slumber.

The producers of the daily soap on Sony TV have hit the panic button after learning about the flak the show has been receiving from audience on social networks and blogs.

A source revealed, "Bade Achhe Lagte Hain has been enjoying a decent TRP ever since it went on air. However, recently someone from the team came across the audiences' reaction about the show on the web. Most of the comments were negative and were directed towards Ram Kapoor and his weight issue. That's when the producers and director decided to ask Ram to go under a fitness routine and lose some weight."

Ram Kapoor, who plays the lead on the show, is at the receiving end due to his weight. One of the numerous jokes doing the rounds about the show is how the big and hefty Ram Kapoor is the best option to play the protagonist in a serial named 'Bade Achhe Lagte Hain'. No wonder then, the producers decided to discipline their hero's diet. Ram, who loves to binge on fried chicken on the sets, have been strictly prohibited from eating his favourite food.

The actor has been asked to consult a fitness trainer and dietician and get started with his new routine. Meanwhile, his cast and crew have been directed to keep a check on what he is eating on the sets.

Now only time will tell, if being under his producer- director's scanner proves beneficial for Ram Kapoor.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Ram-Kapoor-directed-to-loose-weight/articleshow/9149388.cms
even I was wondering how a person who is such a perfectionist could be so unfit... but you know what.. Ram plays the character astonishingly and thus his size shouldn't matter... in fact it doesn't matter...
Yes its high time Ram Kapoor thinks about his weight and health in general. Good for him . Go for  it Ram!  We all will root for your new fitness routine.
I'm glad that he started a healthy routine seriously but to me it's sounds like fat people discrimination.

He is an astonishing actor, doing an awesome job and people are commenting on his weight, this is bad.

What is it? People are uncomfortable watching their romance serial if the leads are not model looking like persons? Shame on this part of the audience.
well the makers should have thought about it before casting RK, But he being a terrific actor they over shadowed this matter and now have woken from slumber!!!

On the bright side, it will help RK personally as well as make him look great on screen!!

on a side note, if makers really pay attention to audience comments, please tone down Nuts!! Her character is the most irritating one. It's like watching commercials in b/w the serial (Ram - Priya)

All the best to RAM KAPOOR, it will be tough but the end rest will be awesome! 
yes ram.. u can reduce some weight...

dont be slim.. just be fit!!

we love you!!
It is pretty discriminatory for them to do that...Ram is probably the most well known tv actors in the industry and more so for his acting capabilites than anything else... i think people need to realize that an actor can be any size but thus far i've been convinced of his character ...size ka kya hai? anyways, if its him to becoming healthy then all for it but i feel bad that people gave rude comments about his weight
I was actually thinking.. that after he gets married and Priya persuades him to loose weight.. wouldn't it be great...

I lost 38 pounds after I met my husband.
watch this video to see how ram kapoorlooked like skinny.. he's in the blue shirt..you can see more of him during the dance sequence:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMZp9adcuHk[/YOUTUBE]
well he is playing the role very well: D But I guess being fit wont hurt and would do good for him