Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: -Nadii-

Now its time for some questions
-------------------------------------------

User name: psawyer

Profession/info about Education: Studied Eng Lit, now working 😭

Date of birth: 21 Sept

How did you get started with India-forums? I came searching for Saarthi videos and stayed...

Why the username Psawyer? Because at the time, Peyton Sawyer was my favourite character from One Tree Hill, the one I identified most with. 

Hobbies:  Reading, writing, watching 90s Hindi films and making fun of them 😆 (esp. the Akshay-Saif, Akshay-Ajay, Akshay-any ones 😆)

Your Favourite:

Colour : Blueee 

Food : Oooh, too much. I guess anything really SPICY 

Sport : Tennis & basketball to play, cricket to watch

Outfit : Most comfortable in jeans

Serial : Um, closest to my heart would I guess be KGGK and KZK during the PM phase. 

Movie :  Jab We Met, DDLJ, The Lion King

-------------------------------------------

Thanks Nadii! 😳
psawyer thumbnail
Originally posted by: maris08

Vasu here are some questions for you.

Please take time to answer them unlike Srushti who just melted away from answering my set of questions   .

1)  If you had the chance to go back in time for 24 hours, where and when would you go? 

Hmmm...interesting q. Probably ancient Egypt to the time of Cleopatra & Julius Caesar...ancient Egypt has always fascinated me and I think I would do well as one of Caesar's court 😆

Otherwise, to Jacobean England when Shakespeare was at his hey-day...it would be wonderful to see him at work and finally settle the argument of whether Shakespeare-of-Stratford is really THE Shakespeare, the writer...

2)  If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go first and why? 

Italy first, because I love everything Italian - food, culture, language etc. Otherwise, I would love to go to Rajasthan as I have never been there. 

3)  What are your favourite books- fiction and non fiction? 

Fiction - too many to count, but amongst the faves, in no particular order: 

1. Pride & Prejudice (as if you didn't know that 😆)
2. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
3. A Little Princess, Francis Hodgson Burnett 
4. Bergdorf Blondes, Plum Sykes
5. The Go-Between, L.P Hartley
6. The Hungry Tide, Amitav Ghosh
7. We Need To Talk About Kevin, Lionel Shriver
8. Harry Potter series (but especially Prisoner of Azkaban & Half-Blood Prince)
9. Northern Lights, Phillip Pullman
10. Private Scandals, Nora Roberts

Non-fiction - generally I like history books, esp. ancient Egypt/Rome/Greece, but also biographies. 

4) Due you believe in destiny? If so what was that turning point or moment which indicated your fate? 

I do and I don't. I believe that there are certain paths that a person can take...but that we have to make the choice between them. Sort of like those books you get where at the end of the page you have to make a choice, and go to the corresponding page. And that takes you all the way from the beginning to the middle to an abrupt end to the beginning again, all in a roundabout way, all based on YOUR choice which is informed by the knowledge you have at a particular time. Thus, you have turning points, but not A TURNING POINT. I have had a few in my time, but none have yet led to where I want to go. 

More than destiny itself, I believe in signs. I get a lot of signs - about things that are preying on my mind, things that I want to achieve. I believe this is a part of my gut instinct, and that the choice to follow it or not is mine alone. 

5) How do you tackle stress and still try to be cool in trying situations?

Lol, I tackle stress by 1. internalising it until I boil, 2. bursting at the nearest person, who tends to be my mum 😆

6) Whats your opinion of this forum? Its members, the story of BALH, the PH and the channel;in that order.

The members are fantastic and well-informed, the story could be good but gets bogged down in stupidities, my true opinion of BT would get me banned from IF, and Sony is the only channel I watch these days, so I have a good view of it 😆

Hope you will answer these questions and looking forward to your interesting replies.Thanz in advance. 

Thanks so much - these were great questions!

Edited by psawyer - 12 years ago
nimrah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Congrats Vasuuu! 🤗 From whatever I've gathered from my lurking, its very well deserved! 😃
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Vasu  thanz for taking time to answer my questions. Indeed it was heartening to know some of the books you have listed are also my favourite ones too. BTw pleased with your answers.👏😃 Edited by maris08 - 12 years ago
psawyer thumbnail
Thanks everyone! 

@maris - no worries, I enjoyed it!
*dewdrop~pearl* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey Vasu...congrats for being the Saathi of the Week 👏😃! Enjoy your hot seat 😎.

Btw one question, you said you like to watch Akki's movies for a laugh, so what kind of movies are you referring to...the ridiculous ones 😆, or genuinely funny ones?

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 12 years ago
psawyer thumbnail
Hey Aparna, thanks!

Lol, I like the genuine ones also, for genuine laughs. But the ridiculous ones provide an altogether different mazaa 😆 especially when you think that back in the day, we might have liked those films...but watching them now, dated and ridiculous, just makes us think "what the hell were they thinking?" 😆
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
congratulations :)) 
*dewdrop~pearl* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: psawyer

Hey Aparna, thanks!

Lol, I like the genuine ones also, for genuine laughs. But the ridiculous ones provide an altogether different mazaa 😆 especially when you think that back in the day, we might have liked those films...but watching them now, dated and ridiculous, just makes us think "what the hell were they thinking?" 😆

@ blue
- Talking of Akshay and ridiculousness, I bet you wouldnt have seen ANYTHING worse than this song, especially the lyrics...tell me if youve seen anything even worse 😆...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOtugemdMeQ

shamma92 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I know it's a bit late but congrats Vasu!!! 👏 👏