Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: angie.4u

Let me put it like this, the customer or the boss is not always right yet we should find ways to bring them round.

Yes 😆 At times it is just a war of egoes in an open controntation. Matter at hand could be something very small.

They often also say "Win an argument and lose a friend"
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Summer3

Yes 😆 At times it is just a war of egoes in an open controntation. Matter at hand could be something very small.

They often also say "Win an argument and lose a friend"

Absolutely!
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: angie.4u

Absolutely!

Actually in real life we all have enough problems to worry about.
One of my cats is still sick and has kidney problems. These vets charge a bomb and I have to drip it everyday. Poor fella, he is only 8 yrs old and was a stray which we tried to save.

Edited by Summer3 - 12 years ago
*dewdrop~pearl* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice

There is no right and wrong except in Math and Science...everything else is just our perception...if it matches our perception its right..if not..its wrong...

Very true, at the end of the day most things are just perception, and many people have the tendency to call the opposite person "wrong" just because of a difference of opinion/perception. But apart from Maths and Science too, there are certain "rights" and "wrongs" which are generally established, which has got to do with ethics and morality (like certain sins and crimes). Apart from these, yes, most of the opinions and "rights and wrongs" are just a matter of perception and belief systems.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
^^ Good to see u back..
Yes u r right ...there are some universal truths like...stealing is wrong...killing is wrong...etc..
cyrax thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

^^ Good to see u back..

Yes u r right ...there are some universal truths like...stealing is wrong...killing is wrong...etc..

actually there are ways to even make tealing and killing right, as twisted as the logic may be. and to some people the logic wont even be twisted.

stealing: "I  have not been born with equal material privelidges like some rich/ upper middle class people, so I will take what's mine. some idiotic law won't stop me"

killing : "such a scum bag doesn't deserve to die"

that is, the fat that people steal and kill shows that killing and stealing aren't universal wrongs. 
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: cyrax

actually there are ways to even make tealing and killing right, as twisted as the logic may be. and to some people the logic wont even be twisted.

stealing: "I  have not been born with equal material privelidges like some rich/ upper middle class people, so I will take what's mine. some idiotic law won't stop me"

that is, the fat that people steal and kill shows that killing and stealing aren't universal wrongs. 

True that 😆 ðŸ˜†
I see that you didnt enjoy your Osama Id for long. Couldnt live with it for a whole year hence the new reincarnation I guess!
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Thats why they need to explain their actions and justify why they did it...because they know its wrong...the act of killing and stealing will aways be wrong..whatever the justification may be...except may be killing for self defense or to save an innocent life...

When one tells the truth..no justification is required..

^^ Good to see u back..

@ blue - Thanks, same here 😳.

Definitely, people who do wrongs consider them right in their perception. But I believe, perception/difference of opinion is different from certain universal rights and wrongs. Its not whether the concerned people consider it right, as obviously they do. But again, we are talking about certain rights and wrongs which are universal, which cannot be called "right" under any circumstances. And as far as the acts of killing and stealing are concerned, these are broad terms consisting of various categories under them, and from a broad perspective, its not possible to say whether its right or wrong. There are circumstances where these can be seen as "not wrong", even if cannot be called totally "right". Like for eg., killing for reasons like jealousy, power, greed, etc. is universally WRONG, whereas there are situations where it can be considered to be the most righteous thing to do, or atleast cannot be called wrong - like killing terrorists who poses threat to the lives of many if left alive (reminds me of the movie, A Wednesday 😉), or killing for self-defense (situation where killing the opposite person is the ONLY way to save yourself), and again, killing by soldiers during wars. Similarly, regarding stealing, I personally feel Robinhood is not wrong inspite of being a thief 😉, as he steals from the rich and gives it to the poor. So I think under these individual sub-categories, universal rights and wrongs can be established.

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 12 years ago