Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

07/12/2011: Krishna, Balaram escape Jarasandha

Poll

Do you agree w/ the characterization of Krishna in the serial?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Jarasandha and his troops are in the battlefield, wondering when the enemy will arrive.  Krishna & Balaram arrive there alone in their chariors.  Krishna points out the size of Jarasandha's army & wonders to Balaram whether they did the right thing in just going themselves 🀣  Balaram is livid and tells him that that's what he had been arguing all along, but Krishna just ignored him.  Krishna tells him that they're better off following a new strategy, and points to a mountain.  He then gets down and starts running in that direction, and a furious Balaram chases him.  Jarasandha is pretty amused, but sets off in pursuit of them w/ his army.

Krishna & Balaram climb the mountain, and Balaram tells him that he's lost faith in his sudarshan chakra and Balaram's mace, or else he could have wiped out that entire army.  Krishna tells him that that's why he led him here πŸ˜• He tells him about the collateral damage that would happen if he wiped out the army πŸ€” and tells Balaram that Jarasandha's time would come, but not now.

Below, Jarasandha is pondering what to do, and one of his generals suggests setting fire to the mountain.  Jarasandha is pleased @ the idea, and the order is carried out.  Balaram tells Krishna that they can only destroy Jarasandha if they remain alive to do it.  Krishna points to the direction of the sea and both of them skydive.

In Vidarbha, Rukmi receives Jarasandha, who gives him the news of Krishna's & Balaram's death.  Jarasandha also gives him an urn containing what's supposedly their remains.  Rukmi goes to Rukmini's chamber and tries to get her to have sweets, but she refuses.  He then tells her that the reason for his elation is Krishna's & Balaram's death, but she refuses to believe him.  Rukmi then uncovers the urn and takes out some ashes, and shows it to her.  Rukmini collapses on seeing it. πŸ˜•

Precap: Krishna & Balaram arrive @ the home of the woman w/ the ailing son.  The woman says that Krishna was never born, and therefore, can never die.  Krishna & Balaram overhear her opinions in awe.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
The conversation b/w Krishna & Balaram seemed a continuation of the mockery of Krishna's philosophy on war.  In reality, Krishna did share his plans w/ Balaram, who completely bought into it.  In the original, Krishna & Balaram served as a decoy while the Yadavas managed to get a clear passage to move from Mathura to Dwaraka.

Krishna's philosophy about the collateral damage of war - where fathers, sons, uncles, et al die, didn't make sense, given that in Kurukshetra, he allowed a war to take place that saw only 11 survivors b/w the 2 sides, and let thousands of warriors die.  That's the problem w/ trying to project modern pacifist opinion onto him - it just flies in the face of events that took place during Krishna's lifetime - not just in Kurukshetra, but also elsewhere that Krishna fought battles.  Sagar Pictures has just not thought out the philosophy of Krishna's policies properly enough.

Also, in hindsight, it would have been nice had they shown the first 16 wars, so that the valor of Krishna & Balaram would have been on display.  Also, the serial seems pretty desolate @ the moment - on Krishna's side, missing Ugrasena, Vasudev, Devaki & Rohini, and on Jarasandha's side, missing Sishupala, Shalva, Dantavatra, Purandara and other allies.  Hope they introduce these characters soon.
chemestry thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
like the episode

i m loving the convo n relation  betwn balram n krishna

balram comments r so funny always taunting krishna but he always smilingπŸ˜†

Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks Vrish.

I so agree. Balarama knew each and every plan and they used this mountain trick so that the entire clan could proceed to Dwaraka without any hindrance.

Wonder what they are showing? I am a little disappointed.

And where the hell did Jarasandha get the ashes and give it to Rukmi. Come on man, you need not be authentic but this is actual blasphemy if I may say so.

And rukmi being a vassal or a subsordinate to Jarasandha would never merit this kind of a audience from Jarasandha, who goes staright to Rukmi's palace with ashes. And when you burn a mountain where do you find or seggrerate human ashes. Pray, tell me. I am confused as hell.

Jarasandha commanded and rukmi like others obeyed. Period. There was nothing more.

Absolute Bakwas.

when will this story proceed well.
Vr15h thumbnail
Vinu

That's what I was wondering as well - forgot to mention, thanks for reminding me - whose ashes did Jarasandha give Rukmi?πŸ˜†  And what was even more astounding was Rukmini so easily being tricked by it!

Also, after seemingly killing Krishna, shouldn't Jarasandha have taken those remains to his daughters and tried to cheer them up, instead of taking them to Rukmi?  How does this even begin to make sense?

Also, there was that report about Devaki being introduced soon.  Glad that she will be - I don't exactly like this old woman and her invalid son being the only people in Dwarka other than Krishna, Balaram, Revathy and their staff.  In fact, I'd also like to see Krishna's other kinsmen like Akrura, Kritavarma, Bhoorishrava, Satyaki, et al gradually being introduced, and getting frequent roles.
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Am I the only one to feel that the story is progressing at a break neck speed? 

The title says "Dwarakadheesh..." but they did not even show the construction of Dwaraka or the circumstances in which it was built.

I just want clear up some facts here. This should be Jarasandh's eighteenth battle. 17 times he attacked Mathura and was repulsed. Then came the Kala Yavana / Muchukunda episode. Almost immediately, Jarasandh attacked once again. Seeing that Mathura would not be able to stand another seige, Krishna advises the Yadavas to emmigrate to Dwaraka.

The Srimad Bhagavatham does not describe this mass exodus in detail; claiming merely that Krishna transporded the entire Yadu clan with his Yoga Maya powers- which we can dismiss as literary hyperbole that Vyasa so often fell a prey to.

But  let us look into this with whatever little facts we do know. Transporting an entire population across the breadth of the country could have been no mean task.

Dwaraka was most certainly where we think it was- in Saurashtra on the sea shore. Mathura was certainly in its present location (in UP), Magadh in Bihar and the northern portion of Madhya Pradesh could have been the Panchala Kingdom- ruled by Dhrupad. Further North were the Kurus. Vidharbh - ruled by the Bhojas was the eastern portion of Maharshtra. The region around Ujjain was the Avantika kingdom- ruled by the twin princes Vinda and Anuvinda- who though having studied with Krishna under Guru Sandipani were- at the moment -allied with Jarasandh.

The point I am trying to make is that the enitire Central belt was under the sway of Jarasandha - none of the kings could have offerred assistance or refuge to the Yadavas. The Kurus and the Panchalas were embroiled in their own family problems.  This could have been the reason which necessiated a mass movement  of an entire kindom, an entire clan, a distinct cultural entity to trudge thousands of kilometers to an alien land.

This, I thought would have been lovely story for the Sagars to explore, dramatise and present. Krishna discussing the political implications with  vasudeva, Akrura and Ugrasens, Krishna motivating the youngsters-  Satyaki, Brihadbala, etc . I am disappointed that the Sagars conveniently skipped this part. 

Also Krishna's philosophical discussions could have been with Uddhava.  Balrama was of the work hard- party harder school πŸ˜›

Vr15h thumbnail
vaarali

I responded to your post here, since it covers more than just this episode.
lakshmi42 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update Vrish.
Well I agree to all that the war philosophy is being depicted in a wrong way here. The purpose of the incarnation of Krishna was to kill the Kshathriya's and lessen the burden of earth. Then how come He is been so concerned about the death of the soldiers and the about their relatives. This is exactly against what he said to Arjun during the Kurukshetra war. Hope the script writers show something authentic that suits the character of Krishna.