TOI: I dictate and that doesnt go down well-Vishal

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I dictate & that doesn't go down well: Vishal Karwal
Divya Pal, TNN | Jul 13, 2011, 12.59am IST

TV actor Vishal Karwal talks about his life's mantra and the things that give him a high

Has preparation for your role in "Dwarkadheesh Bhagwan Shri Krishn" been a phase wherein you had to learn to unlearn your approach towards acting?
 To an extent, yes. "Dwarkadheesh" on Imagine TV is not a typical Hindi daily soap. Be it usage of pure Hindi, pauses while delivering the dialogues and body language (especially movement of hands), each aspect has been dealt with differently.

Will you be speaking in Sanskrit as well?
 I haven't recited any shloka in Sanskrit till now, but it is expected to happen in future. I remember when I watched "Mahabharat" as a kid, I never understood a few things because of the language. However, in "Dwarkadheesh..." our attempt has been to keep the language comprehensible. We all know how difficult Sankrit is.

With TV shows being pulled off air for no reason, do you ever feel cheated, especially when you know you are not responsible for it?
 I think of my current show as my last assignment. I have always been a positive person. So I don't let such things bother me. Only if we open our minds to positive behaviour, can we expect positive outcomes. Same applies to personal lives. If a relationship doesn't work, it is best to learn from it and move on in life. Fortunately, I have never cried myself to sleep. I'm not that emotional a guy! Maybe, this attitude has got more to do with one's gender rather than an individual's choice.

You said you have mood swings, would it be difficult to handle an equally moody partner?
 I'm very moody. There are moments when I don't feel like answering my phone. My friends often say I do things the way I want and I don't listen to what other people have to say. But that's how I am. I have always been an independent person. I dictate things and that doesn't go down too well with others. In a nutshell, I'm a typical Scorpion. I don't see any issues in getting a moody partner. I don't nag anyone. It is great if you don't interfere in people's lives. Live and let live is the mantra for a happy life. But what's equally important are the rest of the plans I want to focus on.

What are those plans?
 There's a lot I would like to work on. I'm planning to set up a boarding school soon in an attempt to contribute to the society. And I would never want the kids to cram concepts. Besides that, I'm a certified pilot and I still have a decade left to take up the profession. No drug or alcohol can give me the high which landing a plane can. It is the same feeling I get when I act.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
He is Krishna, so he should dictate!!! 😈😆
lakshmi42 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail