13 July written update~Return of Krishna & Balram

lakshmi42 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

This is the detailed written update for the 13 July epispode. If you are looking for a short update read the next post.

DWARAKA IN DEEP SORROW     

The messengers give the news of Balram's Krishna's "death" and the entire Dwaraka breaks down into tears. Revathi could not believe the news of "death". She goes to the ministers and tells them that it is impossible that Krishna and Balram are dead. She keeps on, mourning and faints at last.

MOTHER-SON CONVERSATION

The mother comes with woods and the son is now suspicious how his pain is relieved. He tells his mother that the pain might have been relieved by its own; it might not be a miracle of Krishna. But the mother has full confidence that it is the blessing of 'bhagavan'. The son asks if He is God; why He couldn't save Himself from burning in fire. The mother is ignorant about the news and the son tells her that her Krishna and Balram are "dead". Mother corrects the son and asks him not to say your Krishna; He does not belong to a particular person; He belongs to all. She firmly believes that nothing can happen to Krishna. She narrates a story that happened in Krishna's childhood. After the incident of Kalyanaag, he slept in the forest and fire broke out. He escaped that fire. Fire cannot burn him because He is Narayan. If He could save Prahlad from fire; then why not Himself. He is fire; He is water; He is life and He is death. She affirms that where ever Krishna is; He is safe.

THE FIGHT WITH SEA-DEMON

Krishna and Balram are walking through sea and whirlpool arises and takes them away. Some force throws away the gadha of Balram asks if it is some 'maya' from Jarasandh. Krishna says that it is 'maya' but not of Jarasandh. Balram asks the person to come before them. A sea monster appears and asks them to remember their dear ones and ask for their last wish. Krishna asks him to tell only those which he can handle latter. Lest he should be ashamed afterwards. He introduces himself as Mastrasur and tells he is the brother of Panchachany; who was killed by Krishna. Balram goes to fight with him. Initially the demon was winning. Then Krishna gives the gadha to Balram. But it was impossible for Balram to kill him and he becomes unconscious in the battle. Krishna takes out the "sudharashan" and kills him.

ANGRY BALRAM

Krishna tells Balram that He thought Balram would embrace Him with love because he didn't make an opportunity for the death of so many innocent people. Krishna says there is no value for goodness in this world. Balram is still angry; Krishna says they will get many more chances for war. But they will get very few chances to stop war after reaching the middle of the battlefield. Balram yells that no one knows what is in His mind. The world will think that both were afraid of Jarasandh and ran away. Krishna replies that He is used to it now. The world looks at his every deed with an eye of suspicion. But later they will begin to praise His deeds. There will be death for Jarasandh when the apt time comes and then the same world will sing songs of their victory.

KRIAHNA-BALRAM BACK IN DWARAKA

Krishna and Balram are shocked to see that the entire Dwarka is dark and no lights have been lit so far. They see light in a house and goes there. It is the house of the same old lady. The woman is praying and she says that the entire Dwaraka is sad thinking that Krishna is dead. But He who hasn't born cannot die; He who didn't come from anywhere cannot leave this world. No one have the power to give death to the one who gives life to all. She requests to Krishna in her prayer to come back to Dwaraka. Balram has tears in his eyes hearing the prayer and he tells this much darkness doesn't suit Dwaraka and they will have to go back. Two soldiers see Krishna and Balram in the dark and they ask them to stop. They are happy to see that Krishna and Balram are alive and they inform all about it.

PRECAP: Krishna visits the old woman. Rukmini is still sorrowful and chanting the name of Krishna and Rukmi yells Rukmini.

Edited by lakshmin42 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lakshmi42 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Here is a short update for the episode.
  • Dwaraka in deep sorrow mourning the death of Krishna
  • Revathi breaks down hearing the news
  • The old woman is confident that nothing will happen to Krishna
  • Krishan and Balram fights with a sea monster and kills him
  • Krishna and Balram comes back to Dwaraka and sees it is full of darkness.
  • They overhear the prayer and the confidence of the old woman and are pleased
  • The people of Dwaraka knows Krishna is alive and are happy.

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the update!!!

So we saw our first demon, and dude, was he awesome!!!  Reminded me of Merman, in the comic serial 'He-man & the masters of the Universe' - he looked like one of those monsters in Norse legends or World of Warcraft. πŸ˜†  Really awesome special effects.  So far, I've been disappointed w/ Krishna's philosophy being badly mangled, but these sort of inventions are enjoyable.  I liked how this new demon came from nowhere, is related to another non-existant demon that Krishna had killed, and gives quite a battle.

I was however disappointed that they didn't let Balaram kill him, since most of the villains in the Dwapar Yuga who didn't die in Kurukshetra were killed by Krishna.  I was therefore hoping that Balaram would be the one to kill him here, and make him into canned tuna. πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†  The way Matsyasura (Matsya=fish, asura=demon) kept hurling crystal balls @ Balaram and first knocking off his mace, and then him, was funny, although I didn't like it that Balaram kept losing to those attempts.  I put a question in the Doubts & Discussions thread, but if Balaram had Vishnu's mace, he should have been able to shatter those things - the discus isn't the only weapon of Vishnu that is effective.

So the Sudarshan chakra made its debut, and my, was it beautiful!!!  Looked like one of those designer Sudarshan Chakras πŸ˜† - much more awesome than any I've seen in any other serial. πŸ‘ It chased the demon into the conch shell (not Krishna's) and beheaded him there.

Since the invalid kid is a doubting Thomas, I'm going to, for simplicity, call him Thomas, and his mom Mrs Thomas.  So Mrs Thomas gave Thomas a bhashan on Krishna, and towards the end, managed to move the great Balaram to tears 😭  That was touching, indeed.  Incidentally, Krishna's crown is done right, but Balaram seems to be wearing a helmet like those worn by Trojan warriors - just not suited.  Hope he gets a silver crown, which befits him more.  Oh, and hope he gets to kill a few demons of his own πŸ˜†

Since Prija Bhatija is down w/ food poisoning, they should maybe use the next few episodes to introduce Krishna's other kinsmen - right now, w/ just Balaram & Revathy, looks pretty dreary.  Although I must say Revathy looked like a very unlikely female lead for the serial.
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
WRT Vrish's post and in general, just adding my opinion about the episode-  I am slightly critical about introducing such demons in the show. What I feel is that the prevalence of negative aspects in a 'Being' can make it termed as a 'demon'. So why that particular being is called a demon should be explained to the audience. Rather than stressing too  much on the physical appearance like a ferocious demon, I would have been very happy if they narrated about his qualities and why he can be considered as an evil for the society, why it was necessary for Krishna to kill him.

Balram getting defeated by Rakshas is weird! πŸ˜•  And his helmet is really ill fitted πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ, they SHOULD change it. πŸ˜†

Vishal is doing Really good job!! πŸ‘πŸΌ  Very very nice work!! β­οΈ β­οΈ 

Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for the great update. My two takes on the episode today is absent beacuse I am yet to watch the epi. But having read you update, I dont thibnk I am going to watch it.

So I am going to pick some good comments from the above posts:

So we saw our first demon, and dude, was he awesome!!!  Reminded me of Merman, in the comic serial 'He-man & the masters of the Universe' - he looked like one of those monsters in Norse legends or World of Warcraft. πŸ˜†

So the Sudarshan chakra made its debut, and my, was it beautiful!!!  Looked like one of those designer Sudarshan Chakras πŸ˜† - much more awesome than any I've seen in any other serial. πŸ‘ It chased the demon into the conch shell (not Krishna's) and beheaded him thereπŸ˜ƒ

Since the invalid kid is a doubting Thomas, I'm going to, for simplicity, call him Thomas, and his mom Mrs Thomas.  So Mrs Thomas gave Thomas - Vrish one question for you if the Kid is Thomas how come the mother is Mrs. Thomas. It should be mother Thomas na!!!!!! - well Vrish no offence, i had to comment on atleast something today and I was feeling left out.

Balaram seems to be wearing a helmet like those worn by Trojan warriors - just not suited - in absolute agreement. I just saw Troy some days back and figured out the same thing. Balaram is being made to look like a man with all brawns and no brains.

Well, considering there is a Vishnu Lakshmi promo, lets see what else do we get. I prefered BR Chopra's mahabharat where we had Hariosh Bhimani's awesome voice doing the filling up or giving a background or narrating incidents. Thats format is the best wish they use the same here too.

Welll - wishes wishes and wishes thats all we have been left with and a hope it may come true some time sooner.
Vr15h thumbnail
Vinu

Ma Thomas is fine.  As for Balaram, fully agree w/ you - in addition to twisting Krishna's philosophy beyond recognition, they're making Balaram look like a total moron. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ I am just appalled @ their trying to magnify Krishna by defaming Balaram, when in reality, he complemented Krishna similar to Lakshman complementing Rama, or Bhima complementing Arjun.  His only weakness/fault was Duryodhan, otherwise he too was a great personality in the scriptures.

The fight scene was awesome - even if you skip the first and third parts, watch the second!!!  Yeah, I was disappointed @ Balaram losing, but the demon was just awesome!!!
Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I shall watch it Vrish.

True Balarama's only known weakness was his love for Duryodhana over Bheema. Infact many places they say Balarama actually gave Krishna good advice. He is credited to have killing many asuras and warriors including the one sent by Kamsa before krishna killed Kamsa.

If I am not mistaken, in Puri, both Krishna and Balarama are worshipped.
Vr15h thumbnail
In Puri, Krishna, Balaram & Subhadra are worshipped!!!

After Krishna's battle w/ Rukmi, after Krishna shaved half of Rukmi's head, Balaram arrived, and was aghast @ this treatment of Rukmi, given that he was about to become their in-law, and strongly berated Krishna for this.  B4 the Mahabharat war, he advised both sides against war, which contradicts this serial's image of him as a bloodthirsty warrior.  He went to Hastinapur to persuade Duryodhan to release Samba after the latter had disrupted his daughter's swayamvar, and only turned violent when Duryodhan scorned his plea.
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago