Kahani Chandrakanta Ki

TOI: Ahmedabad is very special to me-Shikha

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Ahmedabad is very special to me 

Actor Shikha Swaroop on why she took a sabbatical from TV,her future plan of action and her Gujarat connect 

Soumitra Das 

It has been a while since Shikha Swaroop won the Miss India title in 1988.But even after so many years,she manages to look beautiful.Quiz her about it and she smiles,I eat right,sleep well and exercise regularly.Its important to enjoy,but you should know where to draw the line. 
Swaroop,who was in Rajpipla to shoot for Kahani Chandrakanta Ki,says,Chandrakanta has been a landmark character in my career,and the impact it had on television viewers in India was huge.So,when they decided to take the story forward after all these years,there is no way that I would have refused this role. Asked about the experience of shooting in Rajpipla,Swaroop shares,Overall,it has been great fun.There were a few unit members who would pull my leg and say,Yahan pe bhoot hai! But shooting here has been a pleasant experience. 
Her fans have often wondered what made Swaroop,who has also done films like Police Public,Pyar Hua Chori Chori,Tahalka and Kayda Kanoon,do the vanishing act for more than a decade.I was one of the first actresses to do serials as well as A-grade films at the same time.In fact,people had advised me not to do serials but I went ahead.After a while,I needed a break for personal reasons,so,I took time out for myself.I am back now,and I am open to interesting roles, she says.
Interestingly,apart from being crowned Miss India,she won a gold medal in the All India Pistol Shooting Championship during the same year.I have also played badminton at the national level.Ahmedabad has got a very special place in my heart I got the number one position for winning the gold medal.But I was also doing pretty well as a model,which was a big thing in those days.So,I never thought of taking up sports as a career., she says as she signs off.

Shikha Swaroop 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters