Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

07/14/2011: Sishupal proposed for Rukmini

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Rukmi is in Rukmini's chamber, where the vaid gives her a potion, and tells Rukmi that she will be okay.  Rukmi is happy to hear that.  Then Rukmini recovers and starts muttering Krishna's name, infuriating Rukmi.  He tells her that he was feeling sympathetic towards her, but now he's ashamed to call her his sister.  He leaves, and Rukmini bursts into tears ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Rukmi is attending to Jarasandha, who asks him why he's worried.  Rukmi tells him about Rukmini's obsession w/ Krishna.  Jarasandha suggests that bringing a new man into her life is a solution, and recommends that Sishupal, the yuvraj of Chedi who he has been raising as an adopted son, would be a fine match for her.  Rukmi is overjoyed @ the idea of having a matrimonial alliance w/ Jarasandha.

In Dwarka, Revathy is still crying, when her maids burst in w/ the news that Krishna & Balaram are alive (fortunately, she didn't change into widow attire).  She is overjoyed, and goes to meet them, and welcomes them home.

In another palace, a ruler is drinking, and one of his dwarpals complain about how effete Sishupal is, while the other warns him to hold his tongue, or risk getting executed.  Just then, a messenger arrives, and insists on being allowed in.  Sishupal is furious @ being interrupted, but the messenger apologizes and tells him that Rukmi has come to see him.  Fortunately, Sishupal's anger subsides, and he goes to meet Rukmi.

Rukmi greets him and has a whole array of gifts for him.  Sishupal is pleased, and asks him what's the occasion?  Rukmi tells him how Jarasandha had suggested that he have Sishupal marry his unmatched sister Rukmini.  Sishupal is pleased to accept any proposal of Jarasandha, and accepts.

In Dwaraka, Krishna & Balaram are in court, and all the citizens are there to greet them, and give them gifts ๐Ÿ˜• Ma Thomas arrives, sees Krishna but does not give him the bundle in her hands, and walks out.  One of the courtiers makes a remark about how cheap she is coming there w/o anything for their ruler.  Krishna hears that and goes up to Ma Thomas, and insists that she give him the gift she's brought for him.  He opens it and finds some gur there (the thing they showed was white - maybe there is white gur somewhere, just that I've not heard of it) and eats it, and compliments her highly about it.  He then mischieviously tells Balaram that he took first dibs on it b4 Balaram could finish it. ๐Ÿ˜†  Balaram smiles.

Precap: Rukmi tells Rukmini that her marriage to Sishupala has been fixed.  Rukmini is shocked ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail

I understand that the serial is introducing characters w/ a drip effect, like Revathy one day, Rukmini another, Rukmi yet another and so on.  However, despite that, I'm not thrilled w/ some of the things they seem to be doing as a result, like showing Balaram as the king of Dwarka - the subjects addressing him as Maharaj & Krishna as Dwarkadheesh.  Neither of them were rulers - Ugrasena was.  Wish they'd have had him from the first episode itself, and introduced Vasudev & Devaki whenever they desired.

And if Balaram is the ruler, how come he doesn't wear a crown?  When in battle, he wears his Trojan helmet, but when he's in court, he just wears a headband? ๐Ÿ˜• He should be wearing a proper crown, like he normally did, even though he wasn't the ruler.

I thought Sishupal was okay, but despite the remarks of the guards, didn't find him that repulsive.  I hope that when Krishna hears about him and discusses him w/ Balaram, they go over the story of Sishupala's birth, so that the context is there as to why Krishna didn't kill Sishupala until Yudhisthir's Rajasuya yagna.  Right now, the only ones who can follow the serial are those who know Krishna's history in detail, and even they're not appreciating the way some of the things have been twisted.
dwarkadheesh thumbnail
i love this show..dwarkadheesh..!!!!โค๏ธ
kinny_ranvir thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i loved the episode...it was nice...
lakshmi42 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update Vrish.
Krishna or Balram was never the king of Dwaraka or Madhura. But in the mythos they are always referred to as "Maharaj". In AS Ramayan also they used to call Bharat, Lakshman, Shatrughna, Kumbakaran and Vibhishan "Maharaj". I think this is a specialty attributed to the Sagars๐Ÿ˜†
Vr15h thumbnail
Lakshmin

I understand that, but unlike in situations where Lakshman or Kumbhakarna are just addressed as Maharaj as a honorific, but where it was clear that Rama or Ravan were king, here, they showed Balaram & Krishna both @ the head of the courtroom, where the king usually sits.  No Ugrasena there.  I wouldn't have made the above observations had Ugrasena been seated on the throne, flanked by Balaram & Krishna, and then those 2 being addressed as king.

This serial is clearly depicting Balaram as the king of Dwaraka, which he wasn't, and Krishna as the 'godfather' of Dwarka, whatever that was.  Just makes it look rather empty!
lakshmi42 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Ugresena is not the only one who is missing. Where are others of Krishna's family. As per the show now they are discussing about Krishna's marriage. Isn't it necessary to involve Vasudev-Devaki-rohini in this discussions. The PH made a big fault by not introducing the complete family. Now we can only see the relation between brothers and also between SIL and BIL. The story of Krishna is incomplete without his parents and the PH must give the entry of his parents and grand parents at the earliest. These may be very small mistakes; but these make the  story deviate very much.
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Guyz...either Sagars have forgotten to show Ugrasena, Basudev, Devki & Rohini or they've still not finalized the actors to play the characters...๐Ÿ˜†sorry bad joke! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
That's why this show should have started from Kansa's death...I love this show but...something is missing๐Ÿค”

Thanks for the update!
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I also hope Balram gets a real mukut soon. The headband is not pretty... or, actually, a little too pretty ๐Ÿ˜†

The scene with the gur from Tom's mom was really sweet and meaningful, and the highlight for me was right after Revati greets Krishna and Balram, when they are finding out how pleasantly surprised the whole praja is upon learning that they are alive and well... Krishna turns to Balram and goes, "uh, guess they weren't exactly sure about us being ok because they doubted your strength, given that you kinda ran away from the battlefi..." and he's gets a sharp stink-eye staredown from his bro... tooo funny, Vishal's comic timing is really something ๐Ÿคฃ Though the validity of their individual characterizations might be debatable, methinks we can probably agree that when it comes to their interaction with one another, the writers are doing a really nice job of making it feel like authentic brotherly relationship ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks for the update!
Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update Vrish. What the hell is happening here? I mean Krishna and Balarama never ruled. Wonder what they are showing.

And why is Revati taking the decision. It should e Vasudeva and Devaki actually along with Rohini.

And they character assasinated Balarama, to an extent Jarasandha, Rukmi next is Shishupala. Wonder who is next๐Ÿ˜’