Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

TOI: My role is a blessing <3

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

My role is a blessing: Priya Bathija

Tanya Datta, TNN | Jul 18, 2011, 12.00am IST

For someone who is just four shows old in the industry, opting to play a mythological character may not sound a very good option. But for Priya Bathija, who debuted with Khwaish, is brimming with optimism. 

She feels playing Rukmini in Dwarkad-heesh onImagine TV is the opportunity of a lifetime. The actress says, "A lot of people do not know about Lord Krishna's life after marriage. Everyone just goes talking about the love life of Radha and Krishna. In fact, his wife Rukmani, the character that I play in the serial, is an avatar of Goddess Laxmi. I feel blessed to play such a character since I was chosen amongst so many girls." 

So did she undergo some sort of preparation? "No. We incorporate a lot of Sanskrit words in our dialogues and we hardly know their meanings. I haven't really taken any diction classes for this serial even though the Hindi used is chaste. But the creative team has been a blessing. The entire unit and crew are very helpful and we have managed to deliver our lines with perfection," she adds. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhakti2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you so much for posting. She is sounding so nice and positive.  I am always thinking how lovely is the suddh hindi used in the mythos so i am glad she has mentioned!  Wish her best of luck!
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
They've done fine on the language, but could be better.

If Priya were to come here to I-F, she'd be surprised at the number of people who think that Radha was Lakshmi, Satyabhama was Lakshmi, all 8 principle wives were Lakshmi or all 16,108 wives were Lakshmi 🤪😆