•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Mahaswami Sri Vadiraja Tirtha 

Saint Sri Vadiraja Tirtha was one of the foremost saints in the Madhava Sampradaya (A kind of Vaisnavite sect popular in South India) .He was born in 1480 and lived for 120 years, and consciously chose the time of departure from this world. He was a Sanskrit scholar of great merit and has left behind several outstanding works.

SO why am I talking about him??? 

Because traditionally it has been believed that Sri Vadiraja in his previous birth was the same messenger who took Rukmini's message to Lord Krishna. When after the marraige, the brahman was enjoying the yugal darshan, the happy couple  blessed him by saying that in Kali yuga, he would be revered as one foremost Vaishnavite saints.

Incidentally, his magnum opus is entitled "Rukminisha Vijayam... (The Greatness of the Lord of Rukmini)."

Thanks for the info., I thought when he told Rukmani, he's got everything, after meeting Krishna, he would get Nirwana, as after realising god a soul is liberated from cycle of birth & death. But a true devotee also wants to realise the supreme power in each birth, may be that is why he was a saint in his next birth, spreading awareness about Krishna.😊

mnx12,

Mere Darshan need not guarantee Moksha. Even Sage Narada, in his previous janam beheld the spendid form of Vishnu, but that could not prevent him from taking another birth. He had to be born as Narada , the only consolation being, it was not a human birth but a celestial one.
Varali
Sudev brahman when narated his discussion with Krishna to Rukmani, didn't seem like he only had Krishna's darshan, but he was also able to realise his supreme power, seeing & connecting are two different things. But he should also have karmas to get liberated, which I guess Sudev had not accumulated. That is why he was born again. ðŸ˜Š
thanks for the info
really great forum ,,,so good to know about history
Thanks. This is news to me.

Bring it on. I would like to know more.
thanx for such good useful information