Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Ok so only Shani Dev & CGM are in the charts. BBCG has gone but DBSK...looks like the Sagars need to make the story telling a bit more gripping with the mytho facts. Fiction is allowed but there's a limit😵 I'm not saying all they're showing is fiction, it's just that fiction is increasing with a dramatic filmi touch...& that's disappointing

And BAVD...do I need to say anything😈

Vrish

Durvasa had gone to Gokul to test Krishna whether he was God or not. It was shown during Krishna's childhood. In fact, Sagars went to the extent of showing the kid Krishna & Radha as God & Goddess to Durvasa. JSK created a lot of confusion regarding Radha as an incarnation of Lakshmi...that's why I got confused😕 Btw what's that Ambrisha incident...I'm really bad in memorizing names😳 Maybe if you explain a bit I'll remember it😳

Btw in BBCG is Shikha the sister of Jai or the wife of Ankit's character?(forgot Ankit's name...starts with the letter D...I guess😕) Well the wife of Ankit's character is not actually jealous in my POV...it's just that Sarika had scolded the servant during the ring ceremony saying which bewakoof told him to bring hot water...that bewakoof word striked her & she's taking revenge on Sarika. Since then she's not only against Sarika but suddenly she doesn't like doing the household chores... a big loophole by the CVs coz it's not convincing at all the way she turned negative just hearing the word bewakoof👎🏼 It's natural for Jai's sis to get jealous as Santosh never understood her own daughter & now is letting her DIL studyAmazingly except Jai's sis, nobody had problems with that parampara thing😵 who later readily got married & that too happily😲

It's only if I get the remote in my hand, I keep DBSK otherwise it's BV. If my parents miss BV at 8 then they'll stay back to catch the repeat at 11 so I hardly get to peek into DBSK in the first day itself, mostly I catch it on the next day repeat so most of the time I don't comment anything in the update thread. And when it comes to mytho or histo...I prefer to watch it myself rather than relying on updates. It's only in fiction, I get satisfied only with an update & can stay without watching it. That's why I'm not active in the DBSK forum... I mostly love to comment when I watch the episode😉

Ashish will be entering maybe in August. The track going on is most probably the last track before the leap. Once this track is done, the show will take a leap & I'll miss Rushi a lot...he's too good!👍🏼

Today I saw only the last scene of Preeto where finally Aditya has entered... a very filmi heroic entry😆

If RBO is ending then why not watch SBS😆 Btw why is everybody in serials losing their memory power? & that too not the full memory just partial in which the lead actor/actress forgets his/her spouseI'm seriously bored of watching this track in almost every serial in all the channels👎🏼 Btw I wouldn't mind if such a track is shown in BAVD...just imagine Murli losing his memory & forgetting about Bharti & once again starts hating her just like Man is torturing Geet all over again😆

Jas

I'm bored of SSK. You were right, about the female lead being irritating. I'm wondering why do almost all the serial female leads do their Ph.D. in lying & hiding the truth from her husband all the time & also disappear from home when an important function is going on at home ensuring that her image gets ruined in front of her in-laws🤢 so that later on when she tells the truth it holds no value & her in-laws plus hubby don't believe her & finally she has to leave her sasural🥱 or in other words, say that she's thrown out of her sasural😈 Surely almost all the female leads love to dig the grave for themselves, don't they?😡🤢
Edited by vik rocks - 12 years ago
ridhithakur thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
its nt the fact that mytho cant have gud trps...prithviraj chauhan topped trp charts many timea...channel does matter prc was on starplus whereas dbsk is on stupid imagine...
chemestry thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
there is much different betn historical show and mythological show

people like historical show like Prithvi raj chauhan , chandra gupt maurya, shobha somnath ki where is not artificial scene but some secret and mystery

but in mytho there r lots of jaadu, artificial scene,and most imp its show of god but not some grt historical personality.

people bored of seeing show on god but people love  to know about indian historical personality.
RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
mthos can be hit too...people are not bored of watching mythos ..just remember jay sri krisna and ramayana also got high trp...but if cv's won't follow the original story show would lose trp...its d fact...dwarkadhish is not following the original story and making it melodramatic...i think its inspired of ekta's mahabharata..lol..and moreover acting of most of the leads are not that good...even vishal in spite of being so handsome is making me bored..with his cute smile..bcoz alltime smiling can become irritating...though its too beautiful... its only my opinion...sorry if i hurt anyone
chemestry thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
vishal in spite of being so handsome is making me bored..with his cute smile..bcoz alltime smiling can become irritating...though its too beautiful...

i know its bored watch same expression
but this is wht the quality of krishna who fight his battle with his smile but not in angry side

we can't see vishal as angry young krishna who can shout or show his angry side.

😊
RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
i also don't want to watch im shouting..but why altime same expression??...he is not the first actor who became krisna...great nitish bharadwaj who created a myth never shouted or became angry...but he never gave altime same expression...even meghan yadav who always smiled didn't repeat his same expression much...but vishal's expression is repeatating..of course its not his fault ..its the lacking of script and creativity of cv's...i hope they would be improved soon
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: chemestry

there is much different betn historical show and mythological show

people like historical show like Prithvi raj chauhan , chandra gupt maurya, shobha somnath ki where is not artificial scene but some secret and mystery

but in mytho there r lots of jaadu, artificial scene,and most imp its show of god but not some grt historical personality.

people bored of seeing show on god but people love  to know about indian historical personality.

The advantage of mytho shows is that since many people know the stories and are fascinated by them, they are never boring.  Hence, re-enacting things like Ramayan, Mahabharat, Krishna, or even stories of Vishnu or Shiva are interesting.  Just see how popular Shani Dev is.

One thing that mythos bring to the table is a ready, assured viewership (assuming of course that the channel in question is widely available). If a channel wants instant TRPs, it's difficult to get it from a fictional show (unless a top rated actor/actress is there, and it's heavily publicized in advance).  That's not the case w/ a mytho - there is a viewership that guaranteed, and if the leads are good, that makes it a blockbuster, like the AS Ramayan was.

Are you sure about the TRP numbers - they were pretty delayed, and we just got the one from 3 weeks ago.  However, as Jhum_86 noted, the story does have to be somewhat authentic, even if it takes some liberties w/ the original story, particularly by claiming to use other sources.  In this serial, Krishna's character is badly distorted, and that won't go down well w/ people who know the story.

As it is, this is not as well known a part of his life as the butter-stealing and seranading Radha, so they would have done well to have covered this comprehensively.  As some noted, either they should have started where JSK ended, or they should have started w/ Jarasandha's wars, instead of skipping them altogether, and had a detailed description of reasons like why Jarasandha went to war w/ Krishna, why Sishupala & Rukmi were his allies, vaghara vaghara.  Instead, what they showed was so abbreviated that the only ones who can appreciate them are those who already know the story, but if they distort major things like Krishna's character, that won't go unnoticed by the above viewership who is not hindered by the gaps in the story.

You are a fan of Vishal, but that can only go so far.  This is the greatest role he could possibly play (unless he ever plays Rama in a Ramayan), so that should really have landed him @ the top, the way it had Gurmeet.  If he fails to, it would be not so much b'cos of him (I think he's as good, if not better than Nitish Bharadwaj) but b'cos the scripwriters have so badly butchered his character, as well as his role.  As noted earlier, his flute scenes are annoying, since he's not in an open field of cows and gopis, and his constant mocking Dau doesn't reflect well on him either.

If the show is really languishing in TRPs, Sagar Pictures needs to get its act together and get scriptwriters who more authentically follow the original storyline and characterizations of the major players.
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I agree, the fact that it's a mytho show has nothing to do with low TRPs...like Vrish said, mytho shows are very popular not only amongst Hindus, but also many non-Hindus because the stories are interesting and the characters are multi-dimensional. Even those people who don't believe these puranas really happened still enjoy them because there is something to learn from every story in it.

However, the way DSK started was not very impressive and that could be the reason TRPs are a bit low right now. Taking other new mythos like AS Ramayan and MS Jai Shri Krishna into account, they had soaring TRPs throughout most of the show because though they did take liberties here and there with the storyline, the overall story was accurate and what people expected. On the other hand, Mahavir Hanuman became a huge flop because the CVs took too much liberty and showed Baal Hanuman's leelas like he was Bal Krishna or something. People are very well acquainted with the character of Hanuman from his childhood to adulthood, so that did not go down too well with the audience.

What I believe could have improved DSK's viewership is the settings (which are too dark and gloomy), the costumes (which are not bad but could be grander), and the storyline. The first week, the story moved way too fast and assumed that most people know the stories of Kalyavan and Jarasandh (which they don't). Also, that's kind of a random place to begin so they could have started at a point of Krishna's life everyone is familiar with.

Vishal and Priya's chemistry is sweet and they are good in their roles, but their characterization is highly faulted, especially Rukmini's, and Krishna does not seem like he respects Balram as much as Lakshman respected Ram. Lakshman would never have talked to Ram like Krishna sometimes jokes around with Balram. Though he was Vishnu's avatar, as a human he would have given Balram all due respect as a younger brother.

As for Rukmini, she seems too impulsive and a bit disrespectful for being the mother of the world. I always pictured the character as being more respectful, sweet, and patient, like Sita actually.

That being said, I do believe the serial can improve and gain TRPs very fast. Overall, it's quite interesting and the lead actors are well chosen. If the settings are shown brighter and grander like Ramayan's, and Krishna and Rukmini's characters are written more accurately, if the storyline is improved and the CVs stay true to the script, I am sure TRPs can increase because even Ramayan became famous amongst viewers despite being shown on Imagine TV, which really is the worst channel to air a mytho.

There's still a lot of time since Krishna's latter life is long and filled with many stories, so I hope the Sagars read our suggestions and improve the show to gain more viewers.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Imagine TV's Toppers
Serial No. Rank Date Day Start Time Programme TVR
1 36 16/07/2011 Sat 21:00:00 CHANDRAGUPTA MAURYA 1.33
2 68 16/07/2011 Sat 20:00:00 SHANI SHINGANAPUR KATHAYEN 0.83

Target Group : CS 4 + Yrs ; 

For the week from 10/07/2011 to 16/07/2011

Source: TAM peoplemeter system