22 July Written Update -He answers Her Call

Posted: 12 years ago
 Hare Krishna

Rukmini is thrilled to receive the leaf. She says to herself that today she would deck up like no one had ever in the past or no one will ever in future. (oh yes , please do get rid of the strange head ornament.) 

Shots of Rukmini being decked up are shown... necklaces, hand bands, and oh no... the head gear...but this one looks much better. Rukmini asks her maids to make arrangements for her to worship at the Girija Mata temple. The maid replies that Rukmi had forbidden her to leave the Palace. Rukmi (still in his black costume - is he still in mourning for Kala Yavana? ) comes shouting. Their mother tries to plead with him saying that as a king it was his duty to ensure that family practices are honoured and if Rukmini does not perform the required puja, maybe the Goddess will get angry and it will affect Rukmini's married life or maybe Rukmi himself.

Daruka is driving Krishna's chariot. Krishna sees a small statue of Jagadamba benath a tree. Krishna asks Daruka to stop the chariot . Daruka informs him the the Girija devi temple is still at a distance. Krishna informs him that this was the spot where Gouri had manifested with Her son Ganesha, so it would be appropriate to seek blessings at this spot.

Krishna fold His hands in front of the idol and seeks success in his venture. He says that two things  are requuired for worship- faith and flowers. Faith He has in his heart, but as for flowers... .He plucks a peacock feather from His crown and offers it at Her feet. 

Rukmini approaches her parents for their  blessing . Bhishmaka gets emotional and says that a bride looks like Lakshmi and he wishes that the Lakshmi of thei house is happy with her Narayan  i.e Krishna. Rukmini hugs her parents and gets into a palki.

DAruka informs Krishna that Rukmini had left her palace and was accompanied by a small army contingent. Krishna replies that even if the army of the three worlds were to face him, he would still complete the job on hand.

Rukmini reaches the Girija mandir. krishna is speeding there. A spy informs Shishupal that Krishna had reached Kundinapur and was heading towards the temple. Shishupal in turn informs Rukmi. Rukmi assures him that he will teach that 'gwala' a lesson

He answers Her Call

Rukmini prays that whenever Krishna is born on Earth, she should have the good fortune of Being his wife. A silent prayer ...  a desperate call ...rises form her heart "Come Lord Come...Come quickly..." Her head is still bowed down in front  of the goddess...But time is running out.  Hope begins to fade from her heart. Someone places her hand on Rukmini's shoulder and says that it was time to go back to the palace.. 

Rukmini gets up and unwillingly begins to walk back to the entrance Tears are pouring down her face. She cannot believe that her faith had been let down. 

She climbs down the stairs... Her Heart still refuses to give up hope...

.Just before getting into the palki she glances around for one last desperate time...

WILL HE COME??? WILL HE COME???? WILL HE COME???

AND HE DOES ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ   !!!!!

Not only does he come, but the haste with his horses ( Saibya, Sugriva, Meghapushpa and Balahaka) are galloping creates a dust storm. 

Everyone's vision is clouded and shut their eyes, but the one for who He has come has her eyes widened and the tears of desparation turn into tears of joy

Beautiful. I thank  Lord Krishna for giving me this oppurtunity to do this update. Hope you all enjoyed it and if possible read the original in Srimad Bhagavatham

Edited by varaali - 12 years ago
NICE episode ..
thnks for update๐Ÿ˜Š

waiting for monday

wish they could have telecast 1 hour special episode for this this track
thank u so much for such a nice update...it was a nice episode
Thank you so much for such beautiful update.  Really looking forward now to Monday epi.  Ajeeb, hai na that even though we all know outcomes of these stories it is still so tense each time it is presented...I still get breathless!  Thanks, too, so much for teaching the names of Sri Krishnas four horses...I did not ever know these names.  ๐Ÿ˜Š
vaarali

Thanks for an excellent update ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ  I had no idea what the names of Krishna's horses were - thanks for filling that in ๐Ÿ˜Š

The PH needs to multitask/thread these episodes more - they have too few of the characters, and show too few things happening concurrently.  In this episode, instead of wasting all the time on the pujas, they should have also shown Balarama taking his army and starting for Vidarbha.  And near the end, when they showed Krishna approaching Rukmini, they could have also shown Balaram arriving @ the borders of Kundinpur.

Incidentally, was Bheeshmaka the ruler of a city state?  I thought he was the ruler of entire Vidarbha, of which Kundinpur was the capital.  After Rukmi was defeated, to keep his vow, he never returned to Kundinpur, but founded a new city called Bhojakot.  After he succeeded his father after his death, that became the capital.

Krishna praying to Ganesh was really strange, given that towards the end, when he fought Banasura, he fought Shiva and Pradhyumna fought Kartikeya.  So I wonder why he'd possibly worship Ganesh?  Also, was that the spot where Parvati created Ganesh - that would be in the Himalayas, where Shiva lives.  Also, while Krishna is praying, why is the background music the title song - shouldn't it have been something about Jagdamba or Ganesh?

Some more anachronisms - Rukmini being referred to as Rukmini-ji ๐Ÿ˜† - should have been Rajkanya or Rajkumari.  In fact, Sudev addressing her as Rajkumari-JI in an earlier episode seemed strange as well.  Wish they do get more strict about the language.

I thought that Krishna arrived there in advance - when Rukmini stepped out of the mandir, Krishna tapped her on the shoulder, and lifted her on to his chariot and took her away.  But I'm okay w/ this dramatization as well.

Hopefully, Monday we see battles, and when they show Krishna fighting Rukmi, I hope they show him fight w/ his bow & arrow, rather than his discus

Thanks for the update, Krishna stops at Girijadevi & Ganeshji's idle.  He's showed in such a simple way one can do puja. What we offer at the feet of god is very small compared to the expectation for which offering is done, but faith at that moment can connect to the deity & do wonders in return. 

Faith of Rukmani in Krishna, is so strong that she is waiting desperately for him at the temple. Krishna arrives, keeping her faith intact, everyone else is sort of blined for that movement, only Rukmani & Krishna are looking at each other, they finally saw each other for the first time.
Key word of this episode was Faith, Even Rukmi, Shishupal's fear (their belief in him is so strong) that Krishna will come can not be ignored๐Ÿ˜†
Varaali, I was unaware of horses name, thanks for the info.๐Ÿ˜Š

Eagerly waiting for Monday's episode๐Ÿ˜Š 
Edited by mnx12 - 12 years ago
Thank you so much for the brilliant update. I am sorry to all once again because I couldn't give an update on Friday. Thank you so much Varaali for giving the written update.
@Vrish,

As usual there were bloopers galore.

1)Rukmi being addressesed as Maharaj. Maybe he had wrested control from his dad, but until Bhsihmaka was alive, he would have been Maharaj and Rukmi would have been Yuvraj

2) Krishna offering worship. I could not relate this incident to any mythological story... the Creatives are being too creative. Krishna offering the peacock feather which had worn on his crown was ...
sacrilegious. We DO NOT offer something that we have worn on our person to God. It is usually  the other way round. I simply could not digest this part.

Lakshmin42,

You are most welcome. In fact I was pleasantly surprised - because this adhyaya of SB is very close to my heart and I must have read it n number of times. 
Thanks for the update Varaali!!! And that too, such a well-written one... your description, especially the last two paragraphs, had more depth and poetry to it than the episode itself, and in fact made me appreciate the episode more than I did before reading it ๐Ÿ‘ This sentence was awesome:
Originally posted by varaali

Everyone's vision is clouded and shut their eyes, but the one for who He has come has her eyes widened and the tears of desparation turn into tears of joy.

Some observations:
 - when they left Dwarika, Krishna told Daruk to drive the chariot so fast that even the wind would be left behind... yet it seemed slow and leisurely enough during their prem yuddh discussion in the previous episode and the ability to stop at a shrine in this one!

- Rukmini's wedding dress looked wayyy too contemporary. Not that it wasn't pretty, but it was no different from something you'd find at Benzer today... wonder how it landed up in Dwaapar yug?!
- Like Vrish said, they spent long enough on both Krishna's prayers as well as Rukmini's to give us at least one new song. A nice new aarti or stuti to Gauri Maa in two parts, one for each scene. But instead we got the title song again. Yet, they had RJain write the "...and then he blew a leaf" moment yesterday a song of its own.

Apart from that, Priya's expressions during those last 4-5 minutes were good. She conveyed both the anxiety and the relief well enough. Let's hope more happens in the next epi! Thanks again Varaali!
Thanks for the update