TOI: I never diet--- Sanjeeda

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

BODY B A S I C S 
I never diet! 

... says actress Sanjeeda Sheikh as she shares her fitness secrets 

MY EXERCISE REGIME 

Dance is a good way to lose weight it tones the body and keeps me in shape.I dance daily for almost an hour.Its a stress buster for me.I dont like cardio since I get bored but dancing is another form of cardio that works well for me.I dislike going to gyms and just go for a kick boxing class on weekends.I disagree with people who say that gymming is the only way to stay fit.There are several other natural forms of exercises to be in shape.

MY DIET 

Im an early riser.As soon as I wake up,I have coconut water,aloe vera pulp or wheat grass.My breakfast usually comprises cornflakes with milk or an egg white omelette with multigrain bread and a handful of dry fruits,which are soaked overnight.Lunch consists of dal,roti,sabzi and rice.Dinner is usually nonvegetarian.In between if I feel hungry,especially in the evenings,I munch on health bars.I also have at least two cups of green tea.

MY PROBLEM AREAS 

Thankfully I have good genes and a fast metabolism,which doesnt make me put on weight easily.Dancing and kick boxing help me lose weight if I ever pile on the pounds.I dont believe in starving myself to be slim,I believe in the concept of being fit.I eat right and work out regularly.I dont deny myself anything;I eat everything that my heart desires but in proper proportions.Ive never followed a diet in my life,as denying your body of certain nutrients does more harm than good.Thankfully,I dont have any problem areas as such,but like most women I have to work harder on my lower body to ensure that it stays toned.

MY STRENGTHS 

I never go on diets and eat whatever I feel like.My ability to eat to my hearts content and still be lean is a big bonus.I just make sure I dont skip my dance even for a day.

As told to Zeenia F Baria 

MY IDOLS 

Celeb Male 

Hrithik Roshan.I feel he has an amazing physique.His six pack abs and perfect lean body are to die for.

Celeb Female 

Kareena Kapoor has the perfect figure shes a great inspiration.

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]

Copyright 2011 Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd. All rights 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angel_smilz thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I agree with the health mantra by her