^*' #6 Saathi Of The Week '*^ - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by trinket

Hey, Aviva!!! Yayyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!! 

My question : When it comes to marriage, will you compromise for the sake of your family? why? why not? 
My Trinket Babes( I like to call u that)
๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜ƒLove u my sweet sister! Thanks! those emoticons make my heart to soar...As I mentioned earlier in one of the posts mine was a typical arranged marriage where  I saw my hubby three times  before marriage...I  could have chosen  my own life partner but I trusted my parents wisdom and knowledge of the world better than mine ...I don't think I could have mustered enough courage to go against my parents wishes๐Ÿ˜ณ Sounds old fashioned right!Hope I've answered your question.๐Ÿ˜†
Love to hear romantic stories and also love to encourage true love  marriages!
Originally posted by Anamika163

congratz Aviva๐Ÿค— enjoy the hot seat๐Ÿฅณ
Thanks Anamika๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Originally posted by maris08

Wooohoooh !! Avi very well deserved status of Saathi. Enjoy your time here. Will be back with questions for you. 

Shoot Maris! Thanks for all the wishes!๐Ÿค—
@avivakirk
Awww...love it ! "My Trinket Babes"

Love you too,Sis ๐Ÿค—
Wow! yes, you have answered the question... and No, it doesn't sound old fashioned, it's what works for the individual and circumstances... I'd probably agree if my parents suggested someone too...only hitch, I might want to see the person more than three times ๐Ÿ˜ณ
My brother had an arranged marriage and now has the most amazing relationship, but he always says ' No relationship will takeoff unless you invest time and honesty' that's my SuperBhai ๐Ÿ˜†
More on him later...๐Ÿ˜‰

Ah! a fellow romantic... good to know๐Ÿ˜‰

@avivakirk
Awww...love it ! "My Trinket Babes"

Love you too,Sis ๐Ÿค—
Wow! yes, you have answered the question... and No, it doesn't sound old fashioned, it's what works for the individual and circumstances... I'd probably agree if my parents suggested someone too...only hitch, I might want to see the person more than three times ๐Ÿ˜ณ
My brother had an arranged marriage and now has the most amazing relationship, but he always says ' No relationship will takeoff unless you invest time and honesty' that's my SuperBhai ๐Ÿ˜†
More on him later...๐Ÿ˜‰

Ah! a fellow romantic... good to know๐Ÿ˜‰
Trinks babe,
Your bro sounds like an awesome guy!(like sis)  He's right! relationships cannot  function alone   on the basis of familiarity...needs building on...Trust is also an important ingredient!๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by avivakirk - 12 years ago
Originally posted by avivakirk

Trinks babe,
Your bro sounds like an awesome guy!(like sis)  He's right! relationships cannot be function  on the basis of familiarity...needs building on...Trust is also an important ingredient!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thanks๐Ÿ˜Š you have been my awesome saathi here not just this week, but from day 1๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Now that you mention trust ... should someone trust his/her partner blindly, 100% or leave a percent or 2 and keep eyes and ears open?

Thanks๐Ÿ˜Š you have been my awesome saathi here not just this week, but from day 1๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Now that you mention trust ... should someone trust his/her partner blindly, 100% or leave a percent or 2 and keep eyes and ears open?
No one cant trust 100% because after all we are humans...There should be enough fortitude to weather storms so that u don't shatter...also cannot blindly trust...2% should be ears and eyes open

User name:  Aviva Kirk

Profession/info about Education: Teacher/ Masters,Bachelor of Education, TESL

Date of birth: November 6

How did you get started with India-forums? Started watching SNS and then started browsing for more information on SNS. Saw" IF forum'' was a long time silent reader then decided to take the plunge on October 23, 2010 and I loved it so much that I'm addicted  to it

Why the username avivakirk? Name'.. Aviva is the granddaughter's name of the main protagonist Doris from one of my favourite books PORTRAITS by Cynthia Freeman. Aviva means " ETERNAL SPRING" 

Hobbies: Reading, Listening to soulful romantic  melodious music of Rafi, Lata, Mukesh from the yester years ,doing cross stitch

Your Favourite:

Colour : Pink and Aqua

Food : Indian and Chinese food

Sport : Cricket, Badminton

Outfit: Used to dress like a tomboy growing up but now like to dress feminine in sarees and salwars '..though don't get an opportunity to wear those a lot  these days  

Serial : BALH, SNS

Movies:Too many.to..name''Aajaurkal,Gumrah,Anand,Guddi,Anamicka, Kaalabazaar,Anupama,Aaina, Vivah, Gol maal (old one),Khoobsurat,Taal, Hum dil de chuke Sanam...

Edited by avivakirk - 12 years ago
Aviva or shld I call you Elizabeth,nice to know you a little bit more.
 Loving some of your answers too.
Well heres my set.

1. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right thingsWhich is worse,
  2. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
  3. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
  4. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special?
  5. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
  6. What was the best movie you saw this last year and why?
  7. Has reading a book ever changed your life? Which one and why, if yes?
  8. Do you prefer to read fiction or nonfiction? Explain your choice
  9. Has a song ever made you cry?
  10. If you were granted three wishes from an angel or genie what would you want?

Happy answering time Avi.

@ Zuby

Priya of my heart would be someone who's proud of her single status...much as I love romance ...the woman I admire would be someone  who holds her head high in spite of her single status... there's nothing to be ashamed of ... she's has not committed any crime in remaining solo...u don't require a man to make u complete
The essence of womanhood is so mysterious and unique that it's difficult for a guy to unravel (b'coz they are so practical) her completely

Priya needed  to have  put her foot down when all these horrible matchmaking schemes came  up with a firm voice...She should enjoy the freedom of following up on  her dreams and never compromising  on them...There should be a lilt in her voice ; gait should be like a deer and fly with wings of a dove ...Also she needn't be a sacrificial lamb for her brother and family...When she finds her soul mate then only she should settle down

Also want  Priya to have a makeover not a glam doll look but a simple  elegant look .

I would have also liked Priya to open up her own TOEFL classes and make her Dad Principal and Kartik the Marketing Manager...she could then concentrate on her teaching...and make lots of money to make her financially independant. Financial independence could give her wings of an eagle

For PRIAM my take on this is once they are married ...come clean on the past  so that no hidden skeletons  surface from the closet  down the lane   and start life on a clean plate...Priya should be like a whiff of fresh air in Ram's stale surroundings...bringing in love and laughter...  Ram's goodness should touch a chord in Priya's heart...Each one should make up for the shortcomings of the other ...

Mercenary family should be sent packing to America and all the companies there should be given to them..Priya should also help in the running of his companies and both of them should  realise they are made for each other ; their love though started with samjota went on to be a strong rope which cannot be broken

Romance btwn them ...planning to write an OS on it if I can get down to it.