Poll

NRI demand Voting Rights ?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago

What you think NRI should give the rights to vote?😳

In my opinion YES Becouse the non-residents Indians who were contributing their hard-earned money to the country's exchequer and the economy as well as to the success of Millennium and India 😊

Edited by Believe - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
i oppose...since they dont live there, they rnt effected by da govt so dey shudnt b given a chance 2 choose the country's officials
Willows thumbnail
Originally posted by: Believe

What you think NRI should give the rights to vote?😳

In my opinion YES Becouse the non-residents Indians who were contributing their hard-earned money to the country's exchequer and the economy as well as to the success of Millennium and India 😊

giving voting rights to NRIs is a good idea by Indian government, but i really do not think most of the NRIs would be interested in voting and electing the kind of politicians we have, very honestly i believe most of we Indians do not even go to the election booth to vote for we have lost the hope in the kind of parties and people representing them.

I believe Indians are prosperous and it is because of their sheer hard and the reason why they are NRIs is that they never got an opportunity to show and use their potential to the fullest. ( though there could be exceptions to the above reason of leaving the country)

I believe the giving of voting rights to NRIs is more to do with a statement than any real fundamental rights, even today India is considered as less friendly to establish business into, as compared to china.

Hence i would say the government should address the real issues rather than sitting pretty and allowing the good countrymen to leave and then appease them with innocuous gifts like voting rights which are really not worth anything. 

Edited by Willows - 18 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~PaKi*PrInCeZ~

i oppose...since they dont live there, they rnt effected by da govt so dey shudnt b given a chance 2 choose the country's officials

The Govt can take NRI money then why they not allow to vote???  and one way ya another way it effect eg: the forgin policy and other dual citizenship model things😳

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
idk abt india's policies but willow put it very nicely..voted rnt as valuable nemore so it wudnt matter...n wud u build voting booths in foreign countries? or wud u make thm travel 2 india? if u make dem go 2 india 2 vote 4 a leader dey dun care abt den dey not gonna do it neway
Willows thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~PaKi*PrInCeZ~

idk abt india's policies but willow put it very nicely..voted rnt as valuable nemore so it wudnt matter...n wud u build voting booths in foreign countries? or wud u make thm travel 2 india? if u make dem go 2 india 2 vote 4 a leader dey dun care abt den dey not gonna do it neway

thanks for the understanding, i appreciate, i like your views πŸ‘as well.

Regards. 

-Believe- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Willows

thanks for the understanding, i appreciate, i like your views πŸ‘as well.

Regards. 

If indian Govt want, or give instruction , Each country's Indian Embassy can provide each NRI to vote and now the new technology they can provide electronic voting system from any country.😳 

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
NRI's are very much part of India and like Believe puts it, they contribute hard earned money for the betterment of out nation.

Ummm i think they should be given a right to vote.WEll, if they vote or not is really upto them.Atleast teh Govt. is making an effort to make them an active part of Indian political system and not just financial structure(cuz because of them we have lot of forex inflow).

Also like Willows said..Govt. shoudl address real issues alright...But if we all keep blaming the Govt. for everything that is NOT right...and we don't go and vote...even the NRI's I am sure would be ashamed of many current politicians..(i dont think i need to name them )and now that if NRI's also get voting righst maybe they could help us brign a good concerned Govt. at teh top. Morepover many a times Nri's have better knowledge of internatinal affrairs..because tehy are exposed to two nations..India and where they reside...

so they shoudl be given voting rights...hmm..votign can be ofcourse via electronic mediums...and if they excercise this rigth or not..is not our main concern...it's rather being able to let NRI's enjoy basic fundamentl right of being able to vote and thus have their say in teh Government. 😊
sweet freedom thumbnail
we get to vote, pupils do it at school, and adults go to a school, after school time, and vote πŸ˜ƒ
-Believe- thumbnail

Originally posted by: datspreets

NRI's are very much part of India and like Believe puts it, they contribute hard earned money for the betterment of out nation.

Ummm i think they should be given a right to vote.WEll, if they vote or not is really upto them.Atleast teh Govt. is making an effort to make them an active part of Indian political system and not just financial structure(cuz because of them we have lot of forex inflow).

Also like Willows said..Govt. shoudl address real issues alright...But if we all keep blaming the Govt. for everything that is NOT right...and we don't go and vote...even the NRI's I am sure would be ashamed of many current politicians..(i dont think i need to name them )and now that if NRI's also get voting righst maybe they could help us brign a good concerned Govt. at teh top. Morepover many a times Nri's have better knowledge of internatinal affrairs..because tehy are exposed to two nations..India and where they reside...

so they shoudl be given voting rights...hmm..votign can be ofcourse via electronic mediums...and if they excercise this rigth or not..is not our main concern...it's rather being able to let NRI's enjoy basic fundamentl right of being able to vote and thus have their say in teh Government. 😊

well saidπŸ‘