Frequent Posters

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago

Thanks yaar !

i need some of those well saids to keep me going..😆

sowmyaa thumbnail
Well I am not sure about this, but if NRI is Indian Citizen he/she can always vote right! 😕 Only NRI who have taken citizenship of other country cannot vote, which to me is right. However, as someone here already mentioned it is hard to expect NRI to come to vote as we all know resident Indians don't go to vote 😕
Satlaj thumbnail
People who are living there, when they cannot judge correctly those politicians then how can we do? It's really hard to understand the basic problems in india if you are living in US.... and the worst part of it every part of india has different problem... so please don't vote.. at least you'll not be responsible to ruin your parent's country.
Kay Kay thumbnail
While NRI, as citizens of India whether dual or otherwise, have every right to demand and get voting rights, the mute question to consider is their awareness levels to the ground realities in their respective counstituencies, state and the country. There is no doubt that some states economies are to a great extent dependent on NRI remitances, eg. Kerala and NRI should get voting rights. I must add though that if one group that should have preferential right to this should be the workforce in the Middle East, as they not only make up the highest group as far as the inflow of % of inward remitances goes but are also closer to country's development realities and needs.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
O.K i was always in favour of voting right for the NRI's as i too believe if we are staking our money in our Country , and our Country uses that for money for the infrastructure and other good programmes, then why not give NRI's a say through votes . I was too emotional !

BUT .............BUT ........BUT i realised after the "Operation Blue Star debate " on this forum , that there are NRI's who have never stepped foot in India except for those occasional visits once in a year or once in 5 years , they have many misconceptions about the stark realities of India( in a negative way !!!!!)There are people who even fund movements like the Khalistan ones sitting in Canada and U.K on the basis of what happened 25 years ago in India with OBS , and they feel that the Sikhs in India are better off without India . They believe that the Sikhs are discriminated against !!!!!!

This is one example of being far removed from the real issue that India faces!!!!! Also since the policies will not be directly affecting the NRI's and so they can look at issues with out being too interested !

Since i don't want such NRI's to have say in the issue of India !! I am willing to as a NRI give up my voting right in India so as not to give such India dividers a say in my home back home !!Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago