Posted: 12 years ago
I think we give Kat too much credit. I like Kat and unlike many people here, she doesn't bother me when I watch her on screen. Yes, her acting is cringe worthy, but then again, she has 15 minutes of screen time so it's no big deal.

But sometimes I am dumbfounded when people say Kat is the only reason of the box office success of her movies. Barring TMK, I don't think she was the only reason. Other actors were with her too and the story appealed to the audience. Saying that she is the only reason is a little farfetched. 

She has reached to the position where she is today because of her success, but I wouldn't say she was the only reason behind it. I can bet if she ever came in a movie where she was the lead and was on screen for the movie's entire running time, the movie won't be a success.

Btw, speaking of TMK, Sheila Ki Jawani was already a rage before the movie hit the theaters, so it is only natural that the audience will come to the theaters to watch it on the big screen. If it wasn't for Sheila and Kat didn't have any item number I am sure the movie won't do well.

Again, not trying to say she isn't the Queen Bee when it comes to box office but I don't think she was the reason for the movies to become a success.

Am I repeating myself? I think I am. Will stop here. πŸ˜†
Originally posted by mysticgoryfilms

But sometimes I am dumbfounded when people say Kat is the only reason of the box office success of her movies. Barring TMK, I don't think she was the only reason. Other actors were with her too and the story appealed to the audience. Saying that she is the only reason is a little farfetched. 

She has reached to the position where she is today because of her success, but I wouldn't say she was the only reason behind it. I can bet if she ever came in a movie where she was the lead and was on screen for the movie's entire running time, the movie won't be a success.

^this... i also like to see how well she'd fare as a solo lead, my guess is that her luck won't come to the rescue.

I think we give Kat too much credit. I like Kat and unlike many people here, she doesn't bother me when I watch her on screen. Yes, her acting is cringe worthy, but then again, she has 15 minutes of screen time so it's no big deal.

Btw, speaking of TMK, Sheila Ki Jawani was already a rage before the movie hit the theaters, so it is only natural that the audience will come to the theaters to watch it on the big screen. If it wasn't for Sheila and Kat didn't have any item number I am sure the movie won't do well.

Again, not trying to say she isn't the Queen Bee when it comes to box office but I don't think she was the reason for the movies to become a success.

uve got a point there mysticgoryfilms..

most of the times, kat films are marketed keeping her in mind...even when she did multistarrers(rajneeti, race,yuvvraj, even znmd to an extent) or cameos (Blue), she was always the focus of all the marketing and publicity...
The makers know shes a crowd puller and so they put her in all the promos,trailers,posters etc...and that makes ppl think that its a "katrina film"...which is why i guess she is given more than due credit...
Edited by smartie_pants - 12 years ago
Katrina has 2 Solo lead in past

1. Namastey London = Hit

2. Ajab Prem ki Ghazab Kahani = Super Hit

Both fared well... 

her next Solo is Ek Tha Tiger... Sallu+YRF+Katy+Solo Leads+Thriller = ATBB πŸ˜›
Originally posted by Da_BagarhBilla

1. Namastey London = Hit

Both fared well... 

neither of them are solo lead.

1. Namastey London = Hit

Both fared well... 

New York and Singh is King solo aswell rite? and they were also hits naa??? 

1. Namastey London = Hit

Both fared well... 

First one had Akshay Kumar and the second one had Ranbir,

And before NM, I don't think the Akki-Kat jodi  (or even Kat) worked so it wasn't like the audience went in for them.

You nalied itπŸ‘πŸΌ
Originally posted by CunningLinguist

neither of them are solo lead.

SOLO Lead = if u mean Heroine ORIENTED MOVIE, where only HEROINE is main LEAD... like Sridevi did in ARMY???

i meant HERO-HEROINE... no MultiStar, No Love-Triangles...
Originally posted by smartie_pants

New York and Singh is King solo aswell rite? and they were also hits naa??? 

o leh i forgot... NewYork was not solo Hero-Heroine... as 2 heroes n 1 heroine...

SINGH IS KINGG Was a BLOCKBUSTER...πŸ‘