Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago

SOLO Lead = if u mean Heroine ORIENTED MOVIE, where only HEROINE is main LEAD... like Sridevi did in ARMY???

i meant HERO-HEROINE... no MultiStar, No Love-Triangles...
[/QUOTE]

solo means unaccompanied... let's see her giving a hit without any male actors... both films had Akshay Kumar and Ranbir Kapoor, both big stars... let's see her coming with a complete new comer, or performing alone without any male actor.. and then we'll talk.

Aamir, SRK and Salman, all can give hits without any female stars and with new comers, can Katrina do that?, it waits to be seen.
Edited by CunningLinguist - 12 years ago
mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Da_BagarhBilla

SOLO Lead = if u mean Heroine ORIENTED MOVIE, where only HEROINE is main LEAD... like Sridevi did in ARMY???

i meant HERO-HEROINE... no MultiStar, No Love-Triangles...

ðŸ˜† By solo lead, I mean where she is in the movie only, or she comes in a movie with no big stars and only newcomers.
how many heroines have given hits without male actors anyway?? ðŸ˜•
after sridevi and madz...

i can only think of PC's fashion which was a semi hit...

there are more?? just asking...
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Ya, now i got it... i think there is no Female Star who has given BIG HITS with this kind of SOLO thing...

ARMY, Shakti - the power, Anjali all failed... Recently NO ONE KILLED JESSICA was hit... but not solo stars, 2 heroines...
Edited by Da_BagarhBilla - 12 years ago
mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Ya, now i got it... i think there is no Female Star who has give BIG HITS with this kind of SOLO thing...

ARMY, Shakti - the power, Anjali all failed... Recently NO ONE KILLED JESSICA was hit... but not solo stars, 2 heroines...

Exactly. Which is why I am saying, let Kat come in a movie where she is a solo lead and lets see how that fares at the BO. If it does well, I will acknowledge her star power but the chances are it wouldn't. 

At the moment, I give the credit of the success of her movies to the other stars, but not her only.
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ha! This article nailed it.
She can't act but no one can deny how far this girl has gone. Even though its not all because of her. So what if she has 15 minutes of screen time..lmao. Girl's got luck...that's what it is. Good for her.
:)
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
i GOT 1 movie... RAJA = 1995

coz of MADHURI DIXIT... movie was a hit... as before Raja, PREM - Sanjay Kapoor's Debut was a DISASTER... 

This movie can be termed as Movie HIT coz of HEROINE only...
Edited by Da_BagarhBilla - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

how many heroines have given hits without male actors anyway?? ðŸ˜•

after sridevi and madz...

i can only think of PC's fashion which was a semi hit...

there are more?? just asking...

exactly.. i've always maintained that bollywood films run on male star power, not on womens.. i don't understand all this undue credit accorded to her for hits, when the fact is.. her roles are insignificant, she's lucky to work with big banner productions, A-list stars, big directors, films which they hype the crap out of before the release.. so why ignore all of these factors?

i GOT 1 movie... RAJA = 1995

coz of MADHURI DIXIT... movie was a hit... as before Raja, PREM - Sanjay Kapoor's Debut was a DISASTER... 

This movie can be termed as Movie HIT coz of HEROINE only...

exceptions do not make the rule, you found one film in the history of bollywood cinema?, i'm sure such films are no more than a handful... here's the thing, Salman can take a crap nonsensical trash like Dabangg, with a complete newcomer, and turned it into the second highest gross in history... no female actress will be able to do this, including Katrina.
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
If one is a top star..kareena has shown how easy it is to get super hit tags..she has 2  hundred crores films already..now she will have another 2 century-hits..she has or had hardly any role in all of them..so what?She will be declared NO1by the year end because for a long time Kat wont have a release after MBKD(which is not expected to do 100 crores)

We talk of PC's flops..she hasn't had too many hits because of her fight with two prolific actors..Salman and Akshay..If Twinkle had not caught her red haded and banned her..who knows some of Kat's hit may have been hers.

PC worked in Don with Srk..and Krissh with Hrithik..her only claim to hits.she is working with them more this year..she too will have the super hits..

You work with superstars.you will get superhits..NO BIG DEAL!!!

Sonakshi's Dabangg &Asin's ready made 100+ crore..Sonam's IHLS 45 crores and Anushka's BBB made only 23 crores...So  who gained most?who is getting more and better work???...Only the ones who made a difference to the film..who has the quality to attract audience..

Till the actress continues to sign top films..hits and flops don't matter...Then the offer stops coming..like Amisha,Rani,Preity etc

Kat will rule till the audience is willing to pay to see her whether it is for 10 minutes or half hour..
Edited by you2 - 12 years ago