Mercy Killing-Suicide or Dignifed End!!

pj04 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Discussion of the week

We are going to post one very controversial topic every week and invite your opinion on it. However I request you to follow a few basic rules

1) these are just opinions and do not reflect a person's moral/social/ idealogical values so please refrain from name calling and personal attacks

2) keep the post decent (some topics might be infuriating). rest assured they are from what we encounter in our daily life and we expect a honest , healthy and intellectual debate.

3)if you have any ideas for the topics...please forward them to the moderators.

I hope you will take this opportunity to participate in this debate without being judgemental. Open mindedness and tolerance have been the greatest asset of this forum. Also please feel free to send us feedbacks if you would like to continue with these discussions or not.

Ok let's start: Our topic for this week is

MERCY KILLING.......SUICIDE OR DIGNIFIED END TO LIFE??

Mercy killings has been an issue for discussion ever since medicine made great leaps in ensuring a long life.when a person is suffering with a terminal disease, in coma or simply headed for a painful existance  , is it sensible to let the person die with dignity and save him and his family a lot of grief , not mention immense resources that can be used elsewhere or should one keep hanging from that thin thread of hope and keep him alive .                   

LET THE DISCUSSION BEGIN.....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

|Persephone| thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i think that mercy killing is actually beneficial...
would u wanna be alive in gr8 pain n when u can do nothing...n u know u are gonna die very soon in this very same state n u can't do any thing to change that...then i think dieing is better than living this horrible life...
If I was in such a condition I would prefer to die...but if there is still some chance that I may recover then I would prolly wanna live...I think the patient should be given the choice cuz he/she is the one who is actually feeling the pain...its just a matter of ur perception...
kripawgr thumbnail

it is beneficial .

it helps the person to die in peace rather than counting painfull days till they end up their journey

Princess thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Engager 5 Thumbnail + 5

I believe that if someone wants to end his/her life he/she should not be forced to life. I can make a personal connection to it as well and if this was legal in Canada i would go for it. I do not want to life because of the all stress and being depended on people. I hate that part. But it's not legal to kill someone in Canada not matter who sick the person was, not matter what pain that person is. He/she can't be killed.

Also those people who makes law, does not know what it's like to live with a disease or disability. So how can they do that and make laws? They don't have the right to make people suffer like this.😡

*~puja~* thumbnail
i agree with all of u... even though life is the most precious gift, living in pain and suffering is not something anyone should live through. If someone is terminally ill, in a state that there really isn't any hope of a full recovery, or doesn't have a chance to live a normal life... then if they choose to die then its their choice. Goverments have no right over a person's choice on how they want to live or die... i believe its better to die with dignity
rouble thumbnail

i agree with all of u.....i believe that if a person has a disease and there is no hope left for the person then he should have the right to decide if  he/she wants to live in pain for rest of the days or wants to be killed.

one of my friends mother passed away recently.....she was very sick...doctors said that she can't live a normal life and will have to live on life support in a nursing home......under life support she can't do anything, can't eat, talk, walk...just nothing. her mother used to say that i never want a live a life where i am dependent on someone. the family decided that they won't put her on life support for rest of her life.. and will let her live the way she is for as many days as she can. but she died soon 😭 

pyaraladki thumbnail

i dont kno what to say. it is a very painful and heartbreaking thing to do. 😭but i guess at the same time u cant c sum1 suffering n knowing u cant do sumthing bout it n just let them live in pain.

it would be hard but when i think about it i guess it is beneficial to the person 2 take them out of their misery.

hey rouble im sorry bout ur friend😭 i dont kno how i would cope if ne of my friends died but it is a part of life.

Edited by pyaraladki - 19 years ago
ruta thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

well, mercy killing to a certain extent is agreeable especially if the patient himself/herself expresses the desire to do so................

even though i am all for mercy killing it is very difficult when it is the life of a loved one in question...when the time comes you just can't pull the plug as you are emotionally attached with the person.

so even though i am in favour of mercy killing i don't know if i will ahve the guts to do so f the time comes...................

ME_T thumbnail
i agree with  u crazyboutpurab. even though i no it's best 4 them i could neva see them go. but u would rather c sum1 u love die peacefully than die a horrible death
samir_soni thumbnail

I have two different versions.

According to my brain : It's much better than bearing all the pain.

What my heart says : We don't know what's waiting for us after death. It could be worse than life. So, we better wait and hope for the best. Nothing is impossible.