Posted: 18 years ago

Hi pplπŸ˜ƒ just wanna know wht u guys think abt the attack on Golden temple in 1984? Do guys think it was fair? Why or Why not😊 PLZ do give reasons for ur answers and for those who do not know abt Operation Blue Star I've provided a link so u can check that out😊 And PLZ i really wanna know wht u guys think abt this so plz do share ur opinions. I'll post mine later😊

http://www.sikh-history.com/sikhhist/events/attack841.html

Operation Blue Star was Indira Gandhi's biggest mistakes !!

As some of you may know that Millitant Sikhs- Bhindrawal & associate had occupied the Golden Temple and were using it as a base for their Khalistan Movement .Mediation had not worked for Indira Gandhi!!
Indira Gandhi before ordering the army to storm the Temple should have anticpated how much it will anger the Sikhs . And this would lead to possible riots . This is exactly what had happened . The whole operation should have been done so that the common man would not be hurt . But that did not happen .Loss of lives was too much.

Sadly these led to Indira Gandhi's assasination few months later and followd by Anti Sikh feelings and riots where innocent Sikhs were attacked .
I was at that time a kid , i remember the fear in every one's heart . My mother is Sikh , although married to a Hindu . The fear in the heart of common man and hatred in the eyes of non - Sikh is only too obvious to say that the whole Operation was the worst political mistake of Indira G's life .

JK - the website offered by you is a biased one . You could offer some other website that has a link to one of the Major Indian Newspapers .
Its making Bhindrawal sound like some great leader , while he was a mere Terrorist demanding a seperate State  called Khalistan !!( P.S -Not all Sikhs agreed with his philosphy )

Here's another link :http://www.rediff.com/news/2004/sep/14pca.htm
Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago

πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
Originally posted by singhnilima

πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Hi , if you are confused about what this topic is about , you may want to look at the links provided.
agree with aparna di...nothing more to say πŸ˜›
yes Aparna he was a terrorist but he was a saint too. he blvd in god and at the time of attack, he was in teh golden temple too. In order to proceed with this debate, it is important to note that When thr troops started firing on june 1, 1984, Those terrorists who were inside the temple did not attack. They had no sum artillery but that wasnt enough. ppl say they died of hunger in the temple coz the firing lasted for 5 days. i really cudnt analyse who was rite and who was rong..
Originally posted by heart girl

yes Aparna he was a terrorist but he was a saint too. he blvd in god and at the time of attack, he was in teh golden temple too. In order to proceed with this debate, it is important to note that When thr troops started firing on june 1, 1984, Those terrorists who were inside the temple did not attack. They had no sum artillery but that wasnt enough. ppl say they died of hunger in the temple coz the firing lasted for 5 days. i really cudnt analyse who was rite and who was rong..

You can't be a saint and a terrorsit in the same breath ! Its like saying those terrorist who flew the plane into twin towers were terrorist and Saints since they took gods name and in gods name blew up innocent people  .He was doing terrorist activity and hiding in gods shelter like a coward .Its a shame he was hiding with so many weapons inside a holy shrine . If they were unarmed , i would have said they were taking sanctuary . Since they were armed , what they did was shemefull !!

As per new resports of that time ,(some of you may be old enough to remember those reports...........i was 10 year old at that time) these terrorist were using sophisticated weapons of those times. Yes the army outside had cut of the food and water supply .
Originally posted by Aparna_BD

You can't be a saint and a terrorsit in the same breath ! Its like saying those terrorist who flew the plane into twin towers were terrorist and Saints since they took gods name and in gods name blew up innocent people  .He was doing terrorist activity and hiding in gods shelter like a coward .Its a shame he was hiding with so many weapons inside a holy shrine . If they were unarmed , i would have said they were taking sanctuary . Since they were armed , what they did was shemefull !!

As per new resports of that time ,(some of you may be old enough to remember those reports...........i was 10 year old at that time) these terrorist were using sophisticated weapons of those times. Yes the army outside had cut of the food and water supply .

Actually he was... a saint. in the websites... govt has jst said that ithe attack was necessary and govt was riet in attacking GT. they were hiding there coz ppl they had families nd ppl were letting them live in peace. so taz y they had to go there.

for teh weapons i m not sure.. i dono if they kept it in the main Akal takht but i ll find out coz i don think ppl r allowed to take arms in a Gurudwara

Originally posted by heart girl

Actually he was... a saint. in the websites... govt has jst said that ithe attack was necessary and govt was riet in attacking GT. they were hiding there coz ppl they had families nd ppl were letting them live in peace. so taz y they had to go there.

for teh weapons i m not sure.. i dono if they kept it in the main Akal takht but i ll find out coz i don think ppl r allowed to take arms in a Gurudwara

The website is biased . Today i can create a website gloryfying Osama Bin Ladens work . Thats why i asked JK to list more websites that well known websites by a News Company . Look at the one i offered too !

And you aren't allowed to take weapons but they had taken seige of the gurudwara and kept common people hostage too who had come to the gurudwara to matha teko( pray) so that that Army can't invade the gurudwara . They weren't just armed heartgirl but had sophisticated weapons with them . How else do you think they were able to stop the Army from storming the temple.If they were unarmed , wouldn't the army have easily stormed the temple and captured them ?
Originally posted by Aparna_BD

The website is biased . Today i can create a website gloryfying Osama Bin Ladens work . Thats why i asked JK to list more websites that well known websites by a News Company . Look at the one i offered too !

And you aren't allowed to take weapons but they had taken seige of the gurudwara and kept common people hostage too who had come to the gurudwara to matha teko( pray) so that that Army can't invade the gurudwara . They weren't just armed heartgirl but had sophisticated weapons with them . How else do you think they were able to stop the Army from storming the temple.If they were unarmed , wouldn't the army have easily stormed the temple and captured them ?

Aparna u r rong... there was curfew in punjab at taht time.. and Police dint go in coz u r not allowed to go into the main Akal takht if u r wearing the police uniform.