Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I will give a brief update as I did not see one. This is purely out of memory - So please bear with me:

Starts with Krishna and Tom coming to where rukmini is. Rukmini's father does aarthi and welcomes the family. Rukmi also does arthi, but he does not seem too pleased. Both Balarama and Krishna notice this.

As they are about to go in, Rukmi calls out to Krishna and everyone is stunned, balarama a little angry and  so also is Krishna as his smile fades away. Rukmi calls him krishna, dwarkadessh and the would be husband of his sister and comes in front of him, krishna looks at him and then rukmi tells its inapporpriate to have stain on your dress and brushes it off.everyone smile. Krishna tells him for a moment I thought you were about to stop my wedding. Rukmi tells him when I could nto stop you with a whole army why will I do it now.

Next they show the bride and the groom coming to the mandap and garlanding each other. Krishna indicates Rukmini to sit first and he sits. they show the kanyadaan, followed by Rukmi doing his duty and giving I guess poha or rice not sure (in ours its normally poha) to be put into fire, then comes Revathi to do the ghatbandanh, followed by the Sapatapadi. Beautifully explained. Krishna and Rukmini looked good while taking their vows together and walking on rice.

This was followed by the pheras and again well explained. Rukmini walks first followed by Krishna. Rukmini invokes the blessings of Vishnu - to whom she asks Krishna's long life for her to be a akhand sowbhagyavathi and takes him to be her swami, who comes, πŸ˜†then agni - she asks him to destroy any evil which even threatens to come near Krishna and then saraswathi - whom she asks for a good child with all righteous qualities. The fourth phera had Krishna walking first and he accepts everything.

Not sure of the saptapadi and the pheras. as the pheras were only four. Probably any north indian familiar with these rituals could enlighten me.

Screen shots of Balarama and Revathi exchanging glances are shown. But when ever Rukmi is focussed he does not seem happy. Even while putting flowers during the pheras he does not look very pleased. Is it an indication of things to come -- only the script writer can tell.

Finally when krishna and Rukmini sit, they see Shiva, Parvathi, Indra, Narada, et all in the wedding whom Krishna recognises. Vishnu and Lakshmi are watching this from Vaikunta. πŸ˜†

On the whole a good episode. But the ebst part was the disclaimer said the screen play has been adapted and modified. Wonder if they read our comments here.

In case I have missed anything, please feel free to add.
Edited by vinuchand - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Intrepida thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
In my family there are only 4 pheras- we are gujarati by ancestry, but there is a saptapadi also as you described :)

thanks for the update!
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Thanks for the update, the shlokas, the BG songs, the explanation created the right atmosphere, it was very blissful😊

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the update, Vinu.  I was w/o power for 2 days, so didn't get to see the episodes or read the updates.  Hopefully, I get to see it this weekend.

So they seem to be fixing the goof w/ Rukmi by showing him as being a bit caustic about it.  Pointing out a flaw in Krishna's outfit seems a pretty good way of dinging him.  I wonder whether they're going to show the ultimate Rukmi altercation w/ Balaram early, or delay it until after the Kurukshetra war, as must have happened.

From what I know, Rukmini had 7 brothers.  So one of them could have easily done the brotherly role @ the wedding, instead of Rukmi, w/o Rukmini feeling hurt about it.  As it is, Rukmi was sulking, and due to his vow, he was probably laying the foundations of Bhojakot, which later became his capital whenever he succeeded Bheeshmaka.

So Vishnu appears in the wedding to bless Rukmini πŸ˜†πŸ€£ Incidentally, I had a good laugh on the comment in the previous update about Rukmini's mom not equating her jewelry w/ Mahadev, Parvati, Indra, Narada, Nandi etc, since they were part of Krishna's baraat.  Why not bring Rama, Lakshman, Sita & Urmila over as well? πŸ˜†
kinny_ranvir thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanx for the update...
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Till now, the BSET Episode of DBSK ⭐️ β­οΈ β­οΈ β­οΈ β­οΈ β€¦. I was just mesmerized by the marriage rituals, very very nicely shown and explained! 😍 πŸ˜ πŸ˜ πŸ˜ πŸ˜

Just want to add some more details in the Update above-

# Krishna-Rukmi Interaction ended is a nice note ⭐️ β­οΈ  as Krishna told Rukmi that from now on they will be working together, while replying to the statement made by Rukmi that since they are the 'Kanyapaksh',  they will have be listen to every order of the grooom's side always. Krishna's dialogue brought relief to Rukmi and made him happy 😊.

# Now coming to the Saptapadi vachan' part, they took seven vows (actually asking seven blessings from the Lord) along with the seven steps, which covered the following aspects:-

- At first, asking the blessings of Shri Hari, to guide them in the right path, as they are going to enter the marital life,

- Then asking for the 'Energy' ('Oorja') from the Lord, so that they can carry on the activities of life,

- Asking for Money ('dhan'), as it is necessary for an established and happy life.

- Asking for Love and Respect with all the Friends and Relatives throughout the whole life.

- Asking for Togetherness between the husband and wife even in Happiness and Misery, as well as asking for the power to Triumpth over the fears (both external and Intenal),

- Asking for Togethereness while enjoying all the Seasons of life, all the Rituals of life, without any conflict between them.  May they always have mutual Respect and Love in their hearts.

- After all these promises, they truly became Lifetime Companion of each other- announced the priest/ Brahmin.

Along wih these points, the Priest/ Brahmin also prayed to the Lord that may there be plenty of grains in their house ('kabhi dhaan ki kami na hone dena') and may there always be Purity ('Pavitrata') in their house.  These points were mentioned during the 'Gatbandhan' part of the marriage rituals.

Regarding the 'Phera', they mentioned four pheras in refernce to Arth, Kaam, Karm and Moksha, th' I'm not sure how they are applicable to the 'Actual' pheras taken by Krishna-Rukmini, as they invoked Lord Vishnu, Agnidev, Mata Saraswati- may be some other member will be able to explain that 😊.

Overall, a Wonderful Episode! ⭐️ β­οΈ  ⭐️  β­οΈβ­οΈ  Blissful and Divine! (acc to me). 😍   πŸ˜  ...   Beginning from the first song of the episode- 'Dheere' dheere laado chali' (when the bride was coming to lagan mandap) till the end of the episode- the Music Section (Songs, Lyrics and Singer- all the Dept.s) have done really great work for this sequence)! ⭐️⭐️⭐️  πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘  These are for them!!  All the shlokas created wonderful effect!! ⭐️  β­οΈ β­οΈ  The male singer who sang during the 'Kanyadaan' and 'Saptaapadi' was awesome!! ⭐️  So Divine!!  β­οΈ β­οΈ  β­οΈ The music reflected the actual ambience of a serene marriage!  β­οΈ  The 'kanyadaan' part- 'Yam mama suta sahadharmachari taba'- was directly takem from the SiyaRam marriage sequence of Ramanand Sagar's 'Ramayan', they have just omitted the word 'Sita' from it.  But the way they mixed it in the flow of music, I loved it and enjoyed it. β­οΈ β­οΈ β­οΈ β­οΈ

@Vinu, 'Lajaahom vidhi' (changing the 'gotra' of the bride) had a kind of puffed rice (we call it 'khoi' in Bengali) thrown into fire, three times.

And regarding Rukmi's expression- I guess that nutral expression is the feature of that particular actor. His acting style is a bit weird πŸ˜•. I have also mentioned many times that his expressions does not suit the demand of the situation many times πŸ˜”. Probably he belives in low key acting.