August 4th Complete Written Update

nidhi2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Pheras are done and Krishna put sindoor on Rukmini's forehead. Marriage procedure is completed. Rukmini take blessing of Krishna by touching his feet. 

Next dwarka is seen. Rukmini is in room. She sees kanhas' flute and kanha enters room. he is in his natkhat mood and tells rukmini that he has one ques which is troubling himπŸ˜† and if she permits him then he wanna ask 😳. Rukmini says now i m urs so he needs to ask permission? he can ask her 😊. he says there many brave and rich kings who wanted to marry her and also her brother Rukmi also wanted her to marry to wealthy shishupal, her parents are really rich and has wide kingdom. in compare to these all i am really small and live away from others states, in small city near surrounded by sea , i m not brace as people call me "Ranchhod" , neither he is handsome like every girl wants husband like chandra  as he is black in color. he thinks that coz of all these things injustice has happened to her. she got cheated by listening to his talks by other peoples mouth and married him. in fact, its not late if she wants then she can marry sum1 brave, rich and wealthy king who can fulfill her all dreams.  Rukmini started crying πŸ˜”
( krishna is testing her...poor her...aur koi nahi mila mazaak karne ke liye ) he further says that what he has said that she hstarted crying?  she touch krishna's feet and says for her he is everything. she says she is soul of him and soul cant be separated from body. whe n she will die she will b separated from him. she requests him that never says like this and separate from him.  he says that to listen this talk , he joked with her. he further says that no1 has strength or power to separate krishna-rukmini in the world. he then says that for now everything is fine but he wants to say something about future. he explains her about marriage and how it works. what qualities helps to maintain marriage. rukmini says that she will remember all his words and will follow them.

its morning time and krishna is playing flute. kritavarma enters the room and krishna welcomes him . krishna congratulates him for son's birth, but he is worried so ask him what happen? Kritavarma says nothing is like that , he came to invite all to come to his place to bless child. Krishna says that all are happy for this good news and everything is ready to come to his place for gifting as devaki maa is excited. Also they dont require invitation to come as it their own family. then Kritavarma says that he wants to tell something to Krishna. he adds that if he promise after listening to his talk he will not do anything then only he will tell. Krishna promises him. Kritavarma then says that Devaki ma is not good as she lost her all 6 sons and if she will come to bless his child then it might cause some problem so he doesnt want her to come. he has fear if his son dies too !. Balaram listens and shouts that abusing devaki ma he is welcoming his own death. Kritavarma says forgive me. Balaram adds that he has abuse devaki ma who considered him as her own son and when she listened news about his son birth she prepared so many things just coz of excitement.  he never thought that his own commander will do such thing. Krishna is crying and then he says that devaki ma is a woman who is also mother. like every other woman she creates new living being...how can she cause problem for her own child?  why one believes in such superstition? after listening to it Kritavarma says that he knows devaki ma well ...she loves him like krishna and will love his son like his mother loves her grandchildren but this is not thoguht of him while its thought of his wife. he can understand his wife but cant able to convince his own mother as she thinks that if devaki maa will touch baby then baby will dieπŸ˜• he tried to convince her so much but eveything is in vain. Balaram says him to shut up but Krishna stops him . just then vasudev comes and says to Balaram that control his anger and states that new born baby is the son of kritavarma and his wife ...its their wish and can decide who can come to bless their  child or who cant. no1 else can interefere , even though king. he says that he has to stop devaki to go there. Krishna is really upset of what has happened .

next is seen that devaki maa is praying to God about child and to give him blessing. vasudev comes and ask for devaki to maid. then get to know that she went to Kritavarma place.  Vasudev then go to krishna and says that whatever has happened it wasnt her fault . some1 killed her six sons but people are blaming her and abusing her. Krishna says that whoever takes birth in the world has already written in their destiny how long they are going to live. they cant live 1 sec more or die 1 sec earlier. whoever is blaming devaki ma is knowledgeable. Vasudev affirms and says that world needs sum1 to blame for anything has happened. he is afraid that if devaki went to Kritavarma place and no1 insult her there. 
Edited by nidhi2013 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

camella thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
LOL...the part where krishna teases rukmini was cute...but juss wish priya hadnt been passive in that scene...she lacked depth thereπŸ˜’..vishal had done a fab job in that part..😊
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you Nidhi for a wonderful update.

The scene where Krishna teases Rukmini has been (for once , correctly) lifted from Bhagavatham, though in the original text, this scene occurs much later- well into their married life, after their sons are born. But no problem , it kinda looked cute here (on their wedding night).

Kritavarma and his apprehensions didn't make sense. 

Incidentally, Kris-Ruk's daughter Charumati eventually gets married to Kritvarma's son Bali. 
Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update.

Vaarali said just what I wanted to. So nothing more to add
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Oh, dear, that scene of Krishna teasing Rukmini just got me.  Krishna was very lucky being Krishna - if you are a guy who tells your girlfriend, much less spouse, that another guy would have been better for her, she'd take it as meaning that you are yourself not interested in her.  When Rukmini started crying, I honestly thought that was going to be her reaction πŸ˜­πŸ˜†

The Kritavarma scene was bizzare.  As vaarali noted, his son Bali was later married to Krishna-Rukmini's daughter Charumati, and when Arjun evacuated the Yadavas out of Dwaraka, he settled them as the rulers of the Andhakas somewhere near Kurukshetra (source: KM Ganguly Mahabharata, Mausala parva: I need to recall the place they were made the rulers).  I've commented more on Kritavarma in the EDT, but will note that given how he behaved more like one of Krishna's enemies, I didn't exactly like his character being the one who's given prominence here.  Wonder whether it's b'cos the child is Bali, and that Rukmini's daughter later marries him?

Last thing - the way Krishna did the sindoor dan w/ just a pinch looked too modern - I've seen saas-bahu serials doing it in ways that women of that era would have done it (think Suman in PKCM, Sudha in Jyoti and Sandhya in RSπŸ˜†).
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Thanks for the update, Krishna teasing Rukmini was good, her reply was perfect, but what he told her about nurturing the tree of their married life form planting the seed to nurturing the tree was so perfect, just getting married is not suffient,the real test starts after that.

People living in Dwarka were really lucky to say something against their maharani & get away with it, Kritverma's inviting everyone to their house but not wanting Devaki to come & bless the child shows thought pattern of the people of that time period, only Krishna is wise ti make them see the truth behindthis, if Ram was like that Ramayan would have been different. That is why what Ram being Maryada-purushottama was not able to do, is accomplished well by Krishna being a Purna-purushottama. Waiting to see what happens tomorrow😊
kinny_ranvir thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanx for the update...

loved the Rukmini-Krishna conersation...
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The opening scene was Really Sweet and Touching!! 😍 πŸ˜ πŸ˜  I Loved the interaction between Krishna-Rukmini! The way Krishna explained that to carry on a marriage successfully each of the partners have to devote time and energy (I forgot 😳 the other points He mentioned) in it, was Just Great!! ⭐️ β­οΈ β­οΈ  ⭐️  I really Enjoyed this part as I was carrying on the mood of the prev day's Marrigae sequences in my mind πŸ˜β€¦

Kritvarma Storyline is probably introduced from a social POV, as they want to convey some message of the Lord, thr' a 'real-life situation', (it is only my guess 😊, as Minakshi Sagar's 'Meera' also covered many social issues of that time), in tha same way we had Aamod's story and also the story of the poor farmers (the leader of village came to meet Krishna-Balram), etc. So I am kind of Ok  πŸ˜Š with it as long as it shows us the Merciful/ Deen Dayal/ Kripasindhu/ Kalyaankaari side of the Lord and impart some 'True Knowledge' in us. Let's see how they tackle this storyline in the coming episodes. 😊 
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Debi

I'm all for the CVs trying to convey messages of the Lord, and to that extent, I'm fine w/ events like the farmers being helped by Balarama and Krishna.  But there are a few things I expect while they're doing this:
    The messages that they are conveying should be consistent w/ Krishna's actual philosophy.  Most of the things Krishna is portrayed as saying to Balarama during their war w/ Jarasandha just flies in the face of what he taught Arjun in the Gita, and moreover, the context in which he distracted Jarasandha into chasing him was totally distorted. If they do want to show Krishna delivering certain messages that are consistent w/ his own philosophy, do it w/ fictional characters, like Aamod.  Don't create relationships w/ real contemporaries  of his, such as Kritavarma, Udhav, Arjun, et al.  B'cos that raises all sorts of question in the contexts of what really happened.  Although Rukmini's daughter was married to Kritavarma's son, Krishna wasn't on the best of terms w/ him.
  • The relationships that Krishna has w/ his family or others should not be distorted in the process of trying to convey such messages.  For instance, they way Krishna seemingly mocked Balarama all the time was pretty distasteful, and the message that was being conveyed was lost in the process.  Of course, part of the reason for the latter was that the message itself was so badly @ odds w/ Krishna's philosophy.

As long as they are true to the original storyline, poetic licences like they took w/ the farmers, or w/ Aamod are somewhat okay.  But the messages have to be Krishna's, not Sagar Pictures'!

Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Vrish, I can completely understand your POV. In fact, I am also against any step which does not go with the teachings of Shri Krishna. And yes, while we are having these 'message giving tracks' πŸ˜ƒ, they should use unknown characters, as those characters can be 'moulded' to suit the 'purpose' of the story line. 

But somehow, I also give weightage to the Feel of a scene, I personally think that if we become more 'fact oriented', we tend to miss the 'feeling' of the story or a particular scene. So some time, I just love to forget the 'actual facts' and enjoy the story along with the message it gives. As the sources are various like- SB, Harivansh, Vishnu Puran and all, so there will always be variations in the storyline. I feel, too muchh 'rigidity' to follow a Particular story ( rather 'Text') makes our vision 'limited' and we fail to appreciate the 'positive essence' from other sources. So I follow this rule that- when my heart enjoys the scene, I go with it, not worrying over the 'actual source' or the 'authenticity' of the storyline. But yes, upto that point till it goes with the image of the Lord I have in my mind, it should never go against His principles, as you also have pointed out.