08/05/2011: Krishna RETRIEVES soul of Kritavarma son

Posted: 12 years ago
Vasudev & Krishna are both informed that Devaki has left for Kritavarma's house.  Krishna gets concerned and sets off for Kritavarma's place.

Revathy and Rukmini are already there, and Devaki enters.  Kritavarma's wife is horrifed to see her, and asks her husband why's she here.  They invite Devaki to sit down, but Devaki refuses to do that until she's held the kid.  She goes and takes the kid in her lap, and then goes on to feed him something.  The kid swoons.

Kritavarma's wife has a meltdown, and accuses Devaki of being a curse on both her own first 6 kids, and now others.  Revathy protests @ her remarks, and Rukmini looks shocked, while Mrs Kritavarma's tirade continues.  Devaki is in tears @ her comments.  Kritavarma tries to stop her, but in vain.

Krishna arrives and upbraids Kritavarma for not controlling his wife, and the wife gives him a bhashan on how he'll never understand not being a mother πŸ₯±  Krishna vows to get that kid his life back, and sets off.

Krishna sets off in his chariot for Yamalok, and is confronted by Kaaldooth, the guard of that place.  Krishna explains to him how his mother lost her first 6 babies when they were not even born, and tells him that their souls haven't been liberated, and how Devaki is considered inauspicious wherever she goes.  The guard laughs @ him, and Krishna tells him that he understands that it's against the laws of nature, but @ the same time, he does have to fulfill his duties as a son. 

The guard threatens him and sends a fireball his way.  Krishna sends his sudarshan @ it, destroying it, and the sudarshan reaches the guard's neck, and starts rotating there πŸ˜† The guard panics, and releases the souls of the babies (wasn't sure whether it's just Devaki's sons, or Kritavarma's as well) and gives it to Krishna, and the discus is withdrawn.  The guard sulks that Yama will punish Krishna.  However, Krishna, having received those souls in the shape of a crystal ballπŸ˜†, is satisfied.
First things first - can somebody describe the story of Krishna giving Devaki 'back' her first 6 kids either here, or in the Doubts & Discussions thread?

Second thing - was all of Dwarka @ Kritavarma's house?  If not, and if Kritavarma didn't want Devaki there, wasn't it strange of her to go there uninvited?  I thought that the most dignified course of action here would have been of none of the womenfolk to go there - not Devaki, not Revathy, not Rukmini.

The script was terrible - Kritavarma's wife's behavior made this episode look like a typical saas-bahu script. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ And that tired & worn out rant to Krishna - you'll never become a mother! - give it a rest!  Krishna did right by telling them that he'd retrieve their son, but first, he should have gotten Devaki, Revathy & Rukmini out of there, and told them that for self respect reasons alone, they won't be visiting him again.  Also, the show really botched it by making it look like Devaki is indeed responsible for that kid's death - essentially, it just reinforces that superstition. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

The next scene - I thought that Krishna used Garuda anytime he wanted to fly, like he did in the war against Narakasura: the only time he used a flying chariot was against Shalva.  As far as the message went, again, something Krishna wouldn't normally do (which is why I doubt this story itself in the first place) - he was against upsetting the natural flow of events, and wasn't likely to use his filial duty as the reason to make an exception.  After all, nobody else can do what he did, and so the message he seemed to be sending was that while the events of nature have to run their course, it's okay for one to try and reverse it (and even better if successful)

The fireball scene was pretty funny, as was the sudarshan stopping just @ his neck.  Also, in Yamalok, the souls of everybody are w/ Yamadooth, as opposed to Yama himself?  And the depiction of the souls as in the shape of a crystal ball was just hilarious πŸ˜†πŸ€£

In the end, when he restores that son of Kritavarma his life, he should also make it clear that none of his family will be visiting him again.  That would be the proper way to react, if they have any self respect.  (It may also be ahistorical given that Krishna's daughter married Kritavarma's son later, but then, so was this episode, by the look of it)

So next week, next event will be Devaki getting back her first 6 sons b4 releasing them to heaven?
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
Here is the story of bringing back the first 6 babies of Devaki by Krishna, it is in chapter 85 of the 10th Skanda of SB:

Haven't watched the episode πŸ˜”, will comment here after I watch it on Monday perhaps πŸ˜ƒ
Thanks Vrish for posting the WU. I was just going to do it- seeing that there was no update - but you beat me to it. 
even i felt like m watching saas bahu drama

is this track is true

i don't know know about this devki story

Thanks for the update, Kritverma's wife's dialogues were written by some K-show's dialogue writer,how can someone insult their queen, why did Kritverma invited them to his house.

Krishna, promises, by sunset this child will be alive, he gets his chariot air lifted, locates the yamdoot, taking the soul. Actor playing Yamdoot's character was perfect, was able to deliver, what was expected. Krishna is going against the destiny, to get the soul back, yamdoot, when defeated warns Krishna, now Yamraaj will deal with him & releases the soul. Wasn't it written in that child's destiny, that he will get his life back, if no & Krishna, has altered the law of the universe to make him alive then, who will write that child's destiny now, I think Krishna himself, isn't this a lucky soul.😊
Krishna, promises, by sunset this child will be alive, he gets his chariot air lifted, locates the yamdoot, taking the soul. Actor playing Yamdoot's character was perfect, was able to deliver, what was expected. Krishna is going against the destiny, to get the soul back, yamdoot, when defeated warns Krishna, now Yamraaj will deal with him & releases the soul. Wasn't it written in that child's destiny, that he will get his life back, if no & Krishna, has altered the law of the universe to make him alive then, who will write that child's destiny now, I think Krishna himself, isn't this a lucky soul.😊

@mnx12

i only loved this part where krishna is against universe.
it was different to see someone making child alive from death

jai jai shree krishna

our lord is great

@mnx12

[/QUOTE]
Such acts, which are not possible by a normal human being, makes Krishna, special, he showed what he can do if he wanted to do. Krishna did this for Devki, mother of the child has not asked for this. Edited by mnx12 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by mnx12

@mnx12

Such acts, which are not possible by a normal human being, makes Krishna, special, he showed what he can do if he wanted to do. Krishna did this for Devki, mother of the child has not asked for this. [/QUOTE]

which are not possible by a normal human being

this is the reason why i loved that sceneπŸ˜›
at least we can see love of son to his mother