||How Well Do You Know IF? Winners!||

Posted: 12 years ago

And i, Jot am back! This time with the winners of the competition that lasted 3 weeks. πŸ˜²πŸ€£ Anyhow, before i announce the winning team or should i say winning teams πŸ˜ƒ, thank you to everyone who participated and made this game such a success [and also tolerating my freak-outs β˜ΊοΈ].
And that is exactly why i'd like to recognize the participators before the winners!

I had also promised you all that i would reveal the best question and best explanation here as well. So, as promised, let's do that first.

Team IF-Dazzler

Team Newbie

[The question and explanation are posted below along with the other questions that were chosen as the "final questions" but did not win.]

And now, the moment everyone has been waiting for.

*drum rolls*

The two teams won with an amazing 25 points!
Congratulations!

I'd also like to give credit to the people who helped me out with the questions & answers & graphics for the rounds!
Vijay
-Ravjot-
Seert
perfangel5655
daffodils.dudu
Starry.phoenix
..-Kaju-..

Edited by Angel-Jot. - 12 years ago

Question: What was the FIRST motto of India--Forums?
Ans: India Forums: Where dreams turn into reality!"

The IF icon is not just a symbol which gives the site its tag identity. It stands for much more than that. Though every person has a different way of visualizing the symbolism behind an icon, a picture or an event, yet, at first sight, what IF's icon 3 people holding hands, seated in a circle- represents is GROUP or GROUP DISCUSSION. But all the same, it's not just any normal discussion.

It's a discussion which extends across the globe, along different time zones, as understood by the people bound in a circle, representing that though this is 'India' forums, it's sort of 'a little place for all the world', cutting across barriers of nationality.

It's a discussion which takes place between people of different races, cultural background, religion or language- as evidenced by the three people in the icon, each of a different colour. Race, colour, religion, ethnicity, nationality, cultural background, language or any other 'difference'- they have significance here in the sense that each person brings in his own ideas according to his background and traditions, and yet- is equal to the rest- an id with a bubble of thoughts bursting to be shared with the rest of the world- no differentiation. Everyone's thoughts are equally respected, and our differences only enrich us, making this site a wonderful little mosaic.

Yes, internet is a virtual world, a world far removed from the daily life we lead. We cannot get to know an 'id' as a person simply because of the discussions, or so we presume. However, IF makes relationships- how, when, no one can figure that out. But the truth is that as we leave behind our marks on these pages, where we will be forever together- these pages leave a mark on us too- introducing us to new friends, friendships, thoughts, knowledge, creativity and much much more. We don't even come to know when this virtual world leaves behind its aura in our life, becomes a part of our life, just like our shadow which cannot be separated. This is ALSO what the IF icon stands for, the way I see it- depicted in the icon by the shadow of the three people. It also brings up another perspective of the colours- these are the colours of life, which enrich us on these pages and make our life beautiful.

The colours of the IF icon also have a nostalgic value for me. Being one of the oldest members of IF, I remember those days fondly when IF was in its nascent stages. In those days, the IF icon was a tricolour, with the colours saffron, white, green and the blue chakra in the centre. Today, though the icon has changed, the colours are the same (barring the white), which stands true to its name- India-Forums, for all discussions on Indian Entertainment and much more. 

Team Videobie

Q.Which Forum On India-Forums Was Reopened On Request Of Fans?

Ans : Dill Mill Gayye

Team Super Videobie

Question: Name the Magazine which published a major front page article about India-Forums that were written by two IF members?

Ans: Young Times

Team Newbie

Question: What was the earliest icon of I-F and what was the caution line present on the home page in those days?

Answer: The icon was the tricolour (Indian national flag) and the caution line was: This site is addictive. Join at your own risk. It used to be present below the name of the web site on the homepage.

Congratulations guys! Thanks for playing.

-Jot.
congrats 2 all winners.
btw wen wil the CC team announce the new additions in the CC team?
wow thanks a  lot jot

congo all the winners

and jot atleast this  contest did me a favour as i myself didnt know all the answers

really had fun with this contest
Oh..We Won...Thanx To My Team MatesπŸ€—

Congrats Team NewbieπŸ‘
Congrats to the Winning Teams "Team Newbie & Team Videobie" πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thanks Jot  for organising such a wonderful game.. πŸ‘ We had fun playin this gameπŸ‘πŸΌ

We wish more games to be organised like this.. πŸ₯³

Thanks Jot for organizing this game...πŸ€—
Congrats to the winning teams, and to us for getting the best question!!!πŸ₯³
Hey, we won  Videobie rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ₯³

Thanks to my team members...    πŸ˜ƒ (gaurav_fan, Krishnaluv94, viniva sharma )

Congratz  to the newbie team and all the other teams... πŸ˜Š
congrats   to the  winning  team  πŸ₯³
and to my team dazzlers  for winning  best question .. suvi di sooper awesome πŸ€—