08/08/2011: Devaki asks for her 6 BABIES

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Poll Question :

Do you find Krishna more emotional than he actually was?

Poll Choice
Yup, he was actually much calmer than depicted here
Nope, he's showing how perfect he was @ empathy
Dunno/Can't say.
Login To Vote
Posted: 12 years ago
Krishna is in a forest, and Yamaraj appears b4 him (not on his buffalo) and apologizes for the behavior of his messenger.  He however explains to Krishna how what he's doing is upsetting the balance of nature, and that Kritavarma's child was destined to live only this long.  Krishna explains to him that he understands all that, but that not bringing him back was just fueling superstitions about his mother, and that since a mother's job is to give life and not harm, he couldn't allow such a canard to just stand.  However, to ensure that natures balance is not upset, he asks Yamaraj to take 40 years off the balance of his own life, and accept the deal.  Yamaraj praises him and then disappears.  Krishna then releases the soul of Kritavarma's kid (it wasn't the soul of Devaki's children, as I thought on Friday)

In Dwarka, Rukmini and Revathy ask Devaki to believe in Krishna's promise & pick up the child.  Devaki goes and picks up the child, amongst protests from Sugandha (Kritavarma's wife).  Just then, the soul of the kid enters the room, passes thru Devaki and enters the boy, and he awakens πŸ‘  Kritavarma & Sugandha are overjoyed, and Devaki hands over her child to her.  Krishna then arrives, and Devaki turns away and leaves.  Sugandha goes to her and falls @ her feet, and apologizes profusely.  Devaki tells her that she did what any distraught mother would have done, and so she bears no resentment towards her for her behavior.  With these words, she leaves. πŸ‘

Back in the palace, Devaki is seated in her room, getting flashback of Kamsa killing her first 6 babies 😭  Krishna enters.  Devaki gets up, folds her hands, tells him that she recognizes him as Jagadish, and bends to touch his feet 😲  Krishna is alarmed, and tells her that she'd make him guilty of sin if she does that.  Devaki tells him that that's impossible, now that she knows who HE is.

Devaki asks him whether she can request something.  Krishna tells her to command, not request πŸ˜†  Devaki tells him that she still experiences pain on remembering her first 6 babies 😭, and Krishna begs her to forget about them.  Devaki tells him that that's impossible, and requests Krishna to bring them back to life to her. Krishna asks her to ask for anything else, and offers to conquer the 3 worlds and lay it @ her feet.  Devaki of course tells him that for her, nothing could be more valuable than her children.  Krishna tells her that he's embarrassed that he had to disobey her, leaving a shocked Devaki.

Later, Balaram asks Krishna why Devaki is isolated in her room, and saying that only Kanha can get her what she wants.  Krishna tells Balarama that she wants her 6 dead babies back in their original forms - meaning he'd not only have to retrieve those souls, but put them in their original bodies and bring them back to her (Wouldn't those bodies have been cremated?) Balarama understands his point, but tells her that the alternative is Devaki remaining sad, and even giving up her life.

Krishna returns to Devaki, and tries to explain to her that even as a creator, he is bound to follow the laws of nature and not tamper w/ it, or else, the very balance of events would be upset.  Devaki tells him that she understands that they can't come back to her, but she can go to them.  So she resolves to give up her life, so that she can go and be where are children are. 😲😭

Promo: Krishna appears b4 Brahma, who reminds him that HE (Krishna) is the author of Ms Vidhi's Vidhan. πŸ˜†

Brief comments: This episode was beautiful - in the way they showed the emotions of everybody involved.  After she was vindicated, Devaki just left and started dwelling on her babies.  Balarama, for once, at least understood Krishna's point of view b4 arguing about what's next.  But Devaki's final decision surprised me - would the memories of her children be more painful now than they were when Kamsa killed them?

Also my poll above - while Krishna's emotions were beautifully shown, my question is - wasn't he always extremely calm, and above any emotions (except near the end of his life during the Dwarka fratricide)?  The way they showed his emotional conversation w/ Yama, and later Balarama seemed to water down that calmness, and make him more like Rama.

Another relatively minor point - I thought that only Yashoda, and the people @ Gokul/Vrindavan referred to Krishna as Kanha.  So Balarama addressing him that way is not surprising, but Devaki?  I thought that she'd be using a different name for him.  Incidentally, who was it who named Krishna Krishna - was it Vasudev, Devaki, Nanda or anyone else?
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
 Thanks for the update, Yamaraj was moe polite then his doot, because he knew,who Krishna is.  Krishna has to go out of the way to do something that is not written in the destiny,he gave 40 years of his life to that child, that means this child will live Kirshna's life in his lifespan, without Krishna's power. Never read about any incarnation of God, giving his life span to someone, because this is not a single event but a chain of events that follows in that child's life which needs to be explained, if this was mentioned in any Puranas or SB, proper satisfactory details were awailable too, but here creating such an event leaves with dis-satisfaction.
Devki realises about Krishna's power & starts believing that he is Jagadish, others who called him God were gyani, says Krisna can get her 6 dead children back too. Krishna says this is not possible, Devki replies sometimes even the God doesn't know about his powers. She is adament on getting her children back & wanys to go to them if they can't come back to life. A good episode, for Krishna the more he gives more & more he is asked by the next person.😊
I didn't really liked this episode much, as the message was not clear to me πŸ˜”. The emotions were nice ⭐️, but I could not support Devaki's attempt to meet her babies by withdrawing herself from food-water. Actually  Vrish, it is only after reading your WU and the comments  πŸ˜ƒ  that I started loving the episode ⭐️. 

Vishal is Exceptionally Well here!! 😍  😍   πŸ˜ The emotions which he portrayed in the scenes are capable of making the audience go thr' the same emotions!!  β­οΈ β­οΈ I am amazed at his acting skill in all these emotional scenes!  πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

And yes, I have voted for he second option- 'How perfect He was at Empathy'.  This is the only point which was the highlight of the episode ⭐️ β­οΈβ­οΈ.  The way He FEELS the same emotion as His Devotees is the point to note.  It is this quality of the Lord which makes Him the 'Kripa Sindhu// Daya Nidhaan' Lord of all of us!  He was always calm inside, but to make His devotees happy, He was showing emotions on His face. We can see the same in Krishna- Sudama milan episodes of RS SK also. There, to give recognition to the great friendship He shared with Sudama, Krishna also delivered the same emotions like Sudama! This is the one of the chief quality of the Lord! πŸ˜ πŸ˜ πŸ˜

And regarding Shri Ram, He was also a balanced person inside, but showed emotions only to make others happy.  He was also a 'Sthitapragya', a True Knowledgeable person, the Lord Himself!  But still He delivered emotions according to the situations, as he was behaving like a 'normal human being' in that incarnation. 

It was the kulguru of Vasudev, Maharishi Gargacharya, who gave the name Krishna to the baby. It is shown in details in RS SK, a Really Really Nice, Devotional and one of my most favourite scene from the show. Wonderful sequence! β­οΈ β­οΈ β­οΈ  Here are the two links of the whole 'naamkaran' ceremony:

loved the episode...

vishal was too good in portraying the emotions...
Thanks for the update Vrish, thorough as always πŸ‘

Wish I could show as much appreciation for the episode but... not this time. The first half was great, I was as relieved as you to see them leave Kritvarma's house in such a dignified way rather than either continuing the saas-bahu type feud cycle or making them sit and smile as if nothing happened. And the flashback mode when she got back home was indeed touching and well enacted. But everything from then on was disappointing for me. The ending especially, I wish I could unsee that.
Sagar Pictures really doesn't seem to like this character, everything they've done with her so far lends itself to the irritating cliche of janm denewaali's love being less than that of paalnewali. In their previous endeavor they went so far as to have Vishnuji sit in heaven and say that 🀒 This time, I was really getting optimistic about them making up for that. They had been doing a fab job of reestablishing that Krishna loves her, from his reaction to her being insulted in Friday's epi to the dialogues in this one. In fact, even in the 2nd half, from his side the response to being referred to as God was just as I had hoped, the whole "as far as I'm concerned, I'm only your son and very happy to be so" was very sweet and apt. But how about her? They made no effort to clarify that she did, in fact, love him too.
Recognizing him as God at this point in the story kind of precludes the possibility of any sweet moments between them later on in the show, unless they give their fictional account of the story a hint of Bhagavat-ness and have Yogmaya veil this knowledge again. I doubt it, they'll probably just write her off and give me very little reason to continue watching the show, if any. For the time being, it brings the rookhaness in her interaction with him - which had already been a problem for me since her intro - to its peak. And then the ending. Same as they did with this character the last time, made her imbalanced and suicidal Can't explain how much I hated that. Vrish, this sentence of yours does well to highlight the absurdity of it:
Originally posted by _Vrish_

But Devaki's final decision surprised me - would the memories of her children be more painful now than they were when Kamsa killed them?

If she wanted to end her life, she would have done it long ago, when she was actually going through those tragedies or just after, when she didn't have Krishna with her to shower affection on and keep her mind off of them. But she didn't, because a) she was stronger than that, and b) she loved Krishna. She put up with all of it to have him in the first place, and once she did, the joy of knowing he's well and hope of seeing him again was enough reason for her to live through both those memories and his separation. So, for her to consider life not worth living even after reuniting with him is absolutely 🀬 He was enough of a reason to live before, and now when he's actually with her it should be even more so. If not, they're saying that she didn't love him as much in the first place, which I obviously don't believe.
As for humanizing Krishna and making him all helpless in front of these vidhi ka vidhaan limitations - it would make sense if I didn't know what occurred in the story upto this point, but... I do. In the Brahma garv daman leela, when Brahma hid his cowherd friends in heaven just to see if this is really God getting so close to such ordinary people, Krishna himself took the form of all those friends and lived their lives for them for a whole year until Brahma repented. He revived his Guru's son Punardatt without any difficulty or apprehension, which is the inspiration behind Devaki's request in the original story of the sadgarbhas' revival - not this Kahani Hamaare Kritvarma Ki. So given what he had already done in his life before this, it's kind of hard to buy the 40 years sauda from the beginning of this epi and his desperation towards the end. That being said, Vishal did portray it perfectly, so props to him for growing into such an incredibly talented actor in such a short time πŸ‘
I really do love both him and Hemant for getting into the skin of whatever material's given to them and portraying it so naturally; in fact would list them among my favorite mytho actors of all time right alongside the old-timers. But if the material itself is this weak, even they can't keep me watching. Inaccuracy is one thing, irreverence is another. I've always been pretty tolerant of the creative licenses taken by mytho makers, both old and new, and even appreciated them if they reflect positively on a character or add to the overall meaning. In fact, as Vrish has been pointing out, this show has had Krishna put forth messages that seem to contradict his actual teachings every now and then, and even that I could sorta sit through because the messages in themselves weren't bad - they just weren't him. But dramatizing to the point that a very positive and inspiring character is made to appear as selfish, and instead of being one of the ones chosen to make this avtaar's work easier she makes it more difficult, is totally unacceptable. If this continues as I fear it will, I'm done with the show.

In lighter news, Kritvarma and Sugandha's baby had to be the most viraat newborn I've ever seen 😲
And, uhhh... sorry for the rant β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜†
Edited by lola610 - 12 years ago