Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka

REVIEW: Parichay first episode (article)

Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Any new show on television has our hopes up – will it be better than the usual fare? For this one, we are just not sure…

A teaser plays a crucial role in helping you decide whether you want to watch a particular television show or not. Then the first episode is aired – it presents you with a more clear picture of what you have let yourself in for and answers many of the questions hovering in your mind. Some of the most crucial aspects you often think about are: Is this my kind of a show? Am I willing to waste that precious half-hour of my day watching this? Well, our verdict on Ekta Kapoor's Parichay - which aired last night on Colors – is not quite all joy. What got us hooked on to the show in the first place was the impressively created trailer. An unemployed Samir Soni wanders around with a helpless and frustrated look on his face. An unsuccessful lawyer, his resolution crumbled after he had to face failure. The concept looked supremely interesting and Kunal Chopra's (the charater that Soni plays) life intrigued us. But it's disappointing when you discover that it's nothing but another shoddily written script teamed with hammed-up performances and story angles that are obvious gimmicks to galvanise TRPs into climbing. Soni's mature acting is the only saving grace. He enters the show in typical Bollywood style, gambling with the goons to make money to buy a suit for his younger brother's convocation. The cops barge in and poor Kunal Chopra gets beaten up, hardly a triumph after all the hard work he put into earning his winnings. The bottom line for us: television really needs to evolve. How long will good actors, beautiful faces and frivolous fluff rule the small screen? Parichay falls flat in episode one, still leaving vacant that special place where people would like to see something different. Whether it's going to work with the masses – time and the TRPs may answer that question…

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
oh common we cant judge any show on first episode base...see even BALH  has a bad opening...but now its cool...
Charu21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 6
Arghh!! even i was also expecting a lot more coz of those absolutely fresh n wonderful promos but it's too early to decide d fate of d show!! seriously this article makes no sense to me!! 🤢 TRPs!! we better not talk about that!!! 😳 🤔 it's da useless thing to judge a show! 

wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I sorta agree with this article, I think they promos were just too amazing, so expectations were up and the first epi was a let down. But again, it's too early to give a verdict, so I'll continue to watch it for now...I still have hopes for this one.
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
The promos were very eye catchy
The first episode was a bit filmy and the other casts were a little over board maybe a little focus on his family characters more wud have helped let's see how it goes I heard they want a 2 .4 for the first week so let's see if they get that much
HaHaHeHe-Hupp thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Fst eps was pretty good and i even liked. Love the way kunnal scuffled with those abject policemen for his brother .

I want ekta not to spoil it badly .
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I sort of agree with the article, yes some actors are a bit flat esp the gal and her annoying sister ...

well i liked rest of the cast , be it kunal, Anand, Vikram and rest are good

waise i felt Bhabhis is Kunals wife , but 😆
maggi.masala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
I don't go with the Article
The show is Going Good
It was only first n now second epi.
HaHaHeHe-Hupp thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: JustJ

I sort of agree with the article, yes some actors are a bit flat esp the gal and her annoying sister ...

well i liked rest of the cast , be it kunal, Anand, Vikram and rest are good
waise i felt Bhabhis is Kunals wife , but 😆

her sister is not annoying re ,just because of simple sa make up and look she looking boor . . I find his dad and thakral annoying re . I dont understand whence ekta picked up those oldies are not appealing to me. Omg braid of thakral 's hair irritates me to the core! Yeah i also felt same that wife of his second brother is wife of kunal but yesterday when she said kunal bhaiya. I took breathe of relief because I want gorgeous actress for samir .
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
lol... his father fails to connect , he is pale ...

Lol, that hair style of Thakaral is hilarious , and intro was super funny , thats how gals do not uncles ...

Kya yaar, Bhabhi is good looking donno but lead lady looks way tooo young for kunal and it shows